The MT-07 Forum

Suzuki GSX-S750 or Yamaha FZ-07

cgr45

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Well said http://fz07.org/user/67 well said! Sounds like what my stepdad says to me all the time about how much more comfortable his Goldwing is over my sport bike. Sorry not that old yet and even when I do get that old I'm going to go for a bike that still has some coolness factor to it. Not hating on Goldwings but it will never be my "thing". I had to ride his Goldwing from a dealer that serviced it one day. Most uncomfortable bike I ever ride in my life my knees were in the tank. Told my stepdad and he proceeds to see why it was so bad to ride so I got on the bike in the garage to show him how I was on it. Someone in my case didn't realize they rode 45 miles back to the house with the backrest in the forward position. Dooooooooooh! He never lets me down on that one. As far as looking cooler on the FZ-07 picture you must have missed the mustache in the picture :) Not a mustache guy but only thing in the military we can have so once every two years it comes out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well said http://fz07.org/user/67 well said! Sounds like what my stepdad says to me all the time about how much more comfortable his Goldwing is over my sport bike. Sorry not that old yet and even when I do get that old I'm going to go for a bike that still has some coolness factor to it. Not hating on Goldwings but it will never be my "thing". I had to ride his Goldwing from a dealer that serviced it one day. Most uncomfortable bike I ever ride in my life my knees were in the tank. Told my stepdad and he proceeds to see why it was so bad to ride so I got on the bike in the garage to show him how I was on it. Someone in my case didn't realize they rode 45 miles back to the house with the backrest in the forward position. Dooooooooooh! He never lets me down on that one. As far as looking cooler on the FZ-07 picture you must have missed the mustache in the picture :) Not a mustache guy but only thing in the military we can have so once every two years it comes out.
WOAHWOAHWOAH 
U did realize, I am THESTACHE :P:):P so I stand by my remarks, and I grew mine originally when I was in the Navy...it has never left my face.

pantheraleo

I rode the GSR 750 today at a Suzuki demo day. It's no FZ-07. The bike is comfy and smooth, but lacks the balls of the FZ. Seemed kind of flat and soft, quite honestly. It felt great to get back on my girl to ride home.

The GSXR 750, however, was an entertaining ride. Well worth the trip to the event.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Test rode a few bikes this past week.
Test rode a 2015 FZ-09. The fueling is better than the 14 model I rode last year. But I still didn't like the bike. Felt unfinished and unrefined. Never got comfortable nor confident to push it. Very disappointed.
The 07 was a blast. Much, much better bike than the 09. But it felt too small for me. It was nimble and enough juice to keep me happy.
2011 Triumph Speed Triple. This thing is a monster. It's a wheelie machine. Love the sound of the engine and acceleration. Felt confident right away.It's roomy and very smooth. Unlike the 09.
2012 Honda CB1000R. Very comfortable. Smooth as silk power delivery. Very linear. Tons of low-end torque. Easiest to ride. Roomy enough for me. I'm 6'1" 230lbs.
2014 Street Triple R. This thing is a hoot to ride. So light and nimble. The sound from the triple is addicting. Comfortable.

So I went with the Street Triple. Got a good deal on a low miles 2014 R model.

• Global Moderator
Test rode a few bikes this past week. Test rode a 2015 FZ-09. The fueling is better than the 14 model I rode last year. But I still didn't like the bike. Felt unfinished and unrefined. Never got comfortable nor confident to push it. Very disappointed.
The 07 was a blast. Much, much better bike than the 09. But it felt too small for me. It was nimble and enough juice to keep me happy.
2011 Triumph Speed Triple. This thing is a monster. It's a wheelie machine. Love the sound of the engine and acceleration. Felt confident right away.It's roomy and very smooth. Unlike the 09.
2012 Honda CB1000R. Very comfortable. Smooth as silk power delivery. Very linear. Tons of low-end torque. Easiest to ride. Roomy enough for me. I'm 6'1" 230lbs.
2014 Street Triple R. This thing is a hoot to ride. So light and nimble. The sound from the triple is addicting. Comfortable.

The Street is a great bike. If it was not so expensive I might have gone that way. I have no regrets about my decision though. You did the right thing. Ride them all and choose the one that you like best. 

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I get back from my Spain short tour in less than three months and then it's game on for seeing who will allow me a test ride on the three bikes I like. The FZ-07 and GSX-S750 are my very top contenders which the price and raving reviews of the FZ I love but the stalling issue really has me concerned along with the fact where my knees contact the tank it does feel a little small on me but only due to tank design. All the reviews on the GSX are poor and the price is $1,000 more also but I absolutely love the looks of it and it fits me great no issues there. The ability to swap tank panels and rear panels on the FZ for so cheap is one thing I really like for I would have to get some extra plastics to change up the colors. Also I would paint the rear panels matching colors I think it looks so much better on the bike. I don't know how much a graphics wrap would cost but the designs I found from AD Konceots in France website are killer and would love to have that on the bike. In the end though it's going to be what fits me best and what I like as I'm not going to let $7,000 and $8,000 for my first new bike discourage me. Almost forgot my third choice was the FZ8 due to it fits me perfect and the price makes it worth noting as I've seen it for as low as $4,999 back in November on Cycletrader but currently $5,999 is the going rate I've seen it. If I can pick that bike up for OTD the same price that will make me think differently on the FZ and GSX. Power wise all three bikes are fine I'm no hooligan or wheelie man I just like to go out and ride from town to town and hit the curves like everyone else. My short five mile test ride on the FZ wasn't fast enough or long enough to figure out how it felt or fit me so next time I need to ride it longer and faster. Hopefully Big St Charles Motorsports by St. Louis will let me try the FZ again and the GSX now they have it in stock.

I understand that. But your response was uncalled for. This was second or third post. I would expect such a response from a regular member but not from the admin. If you're trying to expand your forum and bring in new members you should be more welcoming. I might be wrong but I thought that forums were created as a place for people with the same interest to come together to share, learn, have fun and create friendships. With that attitude you'll just push people away.
Well, since im not an admin... 
Grow thicker skin.

I think Cruizin's comment was on point and true to the fact that you're on an 07 forum which happens to be a new bike so people are still in the gushing phase.  You're not going to find true objectivity from 80% of the membership.

You're going to be the only one who can actually answer that question and you seem to be on the right path by trying to demo ride both bikes.  We would welcome your findings after you've ridden both bikes as many of us wont have the chance to ride a Suzuki S750.

Warning rant coming*****
Short version: aww feelings hurt, suck it up buttercup.
Tired of everyone feeling like the have to apologize because someone was offended or had feelings hurt by a simple statement.

Go to any gun specific forum and ask what gun is better or what gun should younger and you will get that maker. You want "independent" reviews go to YouTube every cycle mag has a channel and a review of the bikes or even a comparison. Better yet go ride each yourself
Rant over*****

We are grooming a whole generation of people who seem to have their delicate sensibilities easily offended. I blame the stupidity of participation trophies and everything that comes with those lot of people.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Test rode a few bikes this past week. Test rode a 2015 FZ-09. The fueling is better than the 14 model I rode last year. But I still didn't like the bike. Felt unfinished and unrefined. Never got comfortable nor confident to push it. Very disappointed.

Grats on the new bike dude, ride safe...as always, it's always about what fits you best. I looked at several different models before going with the FZ07, I am a HUGE Yamaha fan, but had decided to go with the CBR650F, until I saw the FZ07

so, in the end what I knew was gonna happen, happened. He posted that he got a different bike. Good for him.

And then he posted and told us all to phuck off. Bad of him.. He is banned and won't be back.

This is why I detest these stupid "tell me which bike to buy" threads. And here we are, stuck with four pages of worthless BS. A total waste of time.

I am going to "enable falling" on this thread and all future "Tell me which bike to buy" threads because they are useless and a total waste of bandwidth.

Enable falling means that no matter how many people post in it, it keeps dropping down the list and into bye bye land.

Bye Bye, CGR45. Be safe.

Actually, i dont believe its a useless thread because anyone with a shred of common sense and the ability to rub two brain cells together will realize that guy was a flaming retard.

People that can critically think read threads like this and immediately grasp the absurdities behind trying to ask other people what is "best". It serves a purpose, a stupid purpose but one nonetheless. :)

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I like reading these threads since it's entertaining and sometimes there's info in the thread you didn't think of yourself even if you own the bike in question. Even though I am a part of this problem thread since yes I did post a thread on FZ-07, FZ8, or GSX-S750 I appreciate your answers and views. One thing hands down the FZ-07 forum has got tons of info on it in the year it's been out which I like. The GSX-S750 forum is pretty much dead right now but it's a new to USA bike so I get that. The Fz8 forum looks t slowly be dying off also but not this forum it's a constant update daily. Main thing I focus on this forum is the stalling issue I really really don't want to spend good money on a new bike just to have stalling issues down the road especially on the freeway in St. Louis area that would suck!

Has anyone ridden both bikes? I had the opportunity to test ride the Suzuki. I was impressed by how smooth and quiet it was. Power was OK. Nothing crazy. I haven't ridden the 7. I just want to know how both compare to each other. 
I rode the Suzuki GSX750s at a demo ride last month, and rode the FZ-07 this past weekend. Suzuki - inline 4, very very smooth, not much bottom end.  Reviews complain about the lack of low end.  I found it made it easy to ride.  Starts pulling hard at 8k.  Riding position leaning much more forward than the FZ-07, and feet are further back.  A lot more like a sport bike.
FZ-07 - as everyone knows, power and torque at any RPM.  I didn't understand what people meant by linear until I rode it.  It seems to pull exactly the same at any RPM.  Tons of low end, and doesn't start pulling harder and harder as RPM increase, just stays exactly the same.  I found the riding position on the FZ-07 much more comfortable.  The FZ-07 was extremely easy to ride, and felt as light as a dirtbike. 
Also rode the FZ-09 this weekend.  The engine is awesome.  Exactly in between the twin of the FZ-07, and the inline 4 on the Suzuki.  Much better bottom end than the Suzuki, but starts pulling harder with more RPM like the inline 4, just not as hard.  FZ-09 was not as easy for me to ride as the FZ-07.  Riding position is similar, but feet are further back even though you are sitting straight up.  This felt strange to me.  I also had trouble being smooth on it when shifting up or down.  May be I just needed to get used to things, but reviews complain about the throttle response being jerky, and I had no issues on the other two at all, especially the FZ-07. 
Hope this is helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to a Suzuki try-out today and test drive the GSX-S750.
When stopped, the bike felt a little heavy but was fine once you get-up and go.
Power below 4-5000 rpm was weaker than my FZ-07 but above that it's stronger.
Handling is not as good (light) as the FZ-07 but fair enough. 
Sound of the 4 cylinders is very nice. Engine is smooth as butter, no vibration at all and the transmission is very smooth also.
I would say the GSX-S750 is between the FZ-07 and the FZ-09.
I also tested the FJ-09 2 weeks ago and the engine is a monster.

p.s. I tested also the GSX-R1000, it's a ticket machine, seriously, this bike needs to be ridin on a track, does'nt belong on the road.

Archived