The MT-07 Forum

Suzuki GSX-S750 or Yamaha FZ-07

cgr45

Has anyone ridden both bikes? I had the opportunity to test ride the Suzuki. I was impressed by how smooth and quiet it was. Power was OK. Nothing crazy. I haven't ridden the 7. I just want to know how both compare to each other. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant really say, but i know motovlogger chaseontwowheels did a review on both

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member

I've heard the GSX-S750 is disappointing in terms of power but that could just be because they're directly comparing it to the GSXR that it's detuned from. Also have heard the fun level is lacking in comparison to the FZ. Gotta love our torque :)

• Premium Member

No but the FZ-07 is better!

Kidding

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator

I have not riden the GSX-S750 but have over 2700 miles on my -07. I would not trade it for anything (okay, that is not true, but I would not trade it for the 750). I love the characteristics of the parallel twin. Ride one and you will understand.

• Global Moderator

No problem. When I wrote it I meant it to be funnier than it turned out. Sometimes things do not come across as intended in writing. You will like the -07 after you ride it though. The torque curve is a lot more fun than an inline four.

• Premium Member

it's about 75 lbs heavier-that was the deal breaker and the fact that i can't get one in california.lol

• Global Moderator

Ah, I am married so I guess am just spring loaded to apologize for being a dick :)

The Suzuki looks to me like they said, "Oh look Yamaha is doing good with the FZ 07, let's make one that looks almost just like it." I actually saw one at the dealer sitting next to the FZ 07 and thought it was a FZ for a sec.

I have seem reviews saying it lacks in torque and fun factor.

But, I am a Yamaha fan, so I like my FZ a lot. a Guy asked yesterday if I was gonna trade it in on a KTM, and I cracked up....NO WAY!!!!

• Premium Member

Yamaha reliability is pretty legendary. 8,000 miles and not an inkling of an issue. Cheap, easy maintenance and a lot of fun.

Oh, hi.. I didn't even notice you Mr. Suzuki.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I don't think the Price vs what you get is comparable to what you get with the FZ. Like the others have said it seems like a "Me Too" type of bike. FZ wins hands down. But then again what did you expect?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Sorry, but just telling you the truth. This is the FZ-07 Forums and you will only get one answer.

I understand that. But your response was uncalled for. This was second or third post. I would expect such a response from a regular member but not from the admin. If you're trying to expand your forum and bring in new members you should be more welcoming. I might be wrong but I thought that forums were created as a place for people with the same interest to come together to share, learn, have fun and create friendships. With that attitude you'll just push people away.

I've ridden both and this thread here has my response.  
http://fz07.org/thread/1017

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. There's a demo day in a couple of weeks. It's about 2 hours away but I'm going. I went to try the 07 and the 09 with the new mapping.

Ah, I am married so I guess am just spring loaded to apologize for being a dick :)
That is pretty funny. I know what you mean.

Guest unknown

@cgr45 It all depends on what you are doing with the bike and where you like your power. The FZ has torque everywhere and is really light and flickable.

Archived