The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

Does anyone know if the Fz-07's are "50 state" bikes meaning that the same model is being sold in all the states. I am leaning toward purchasing an Fz-07 but I live in Southern California and ALL the motorcycle dealers here are criminals. Thus I am considering purchasing one in another state and bringing it back here.  
I did the same thing about 1.5 years ago when I purchased my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. The best deal I could get in CA was 11k, but I got one for 8k in another state. I grew up back east where motorcycle dealers are not all gouging scum like they are here. I have come to hate CA motorcycle dealers and would prefer to not give them ANY money...

So did you end up buying an fz from out of state? I am considering this idea, but I would have to have it shipped back to me here in CA. I would have to see how much the shipping cost would be. It would need to be total cost less than $8100. That is the lowest price I am being quoted here in Northern California. That is the Berkeley Dealership with $8100 otd price.  

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody done their fair shopping for the FZ07 in Northern California?

I live in the bay area and have been shopping around for the past month or two.. The lowest OTD price ive recieved so far is for $8100 otd from Berkeley dealership. Has anybody found a better price? If so what place did you go to?

Really eager to get my hands on a white one.. Most dealers at this point in time dont have them in stock and say I have to wait (which is fine) but when I finally do find one white one in stock I hope im paying the best deal.. Input from fellow forum users would be awesome.

Thanks!

in wilmington OH, I paid 7600 OTD. Not great, but was happy with the dealer/service. It is worth something to have good dealer support nearby
I think that is a great deal. I just put a deposit down at a dealer here in California for a white one. OTD price is $8100 

$8000 OTD from Fun Bike Center in San Diego, CA. I don't get to pick it up yet (because of the recall), but signed all the paperwork yesterday.

$8000 OTD from Fun Bike Center in San Diego, CA. I don't get to pick it up yet (because of the recall), but signed all the paperwork yesterday.
What recall?? 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
What recall?? 

The wiring near the battery isn't routed very good and could chafe and burn. Here and here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So what's up with this pricing on these models from Indiana for $5,699? Gotta be something up with this deal they have three for sale at this price.

http://m.cycletrader.com/search-results?type=Motorcycle%7C356953&model=FZ-07&radius=250&lat=38.530161596125744&long=-89.87244007125459&modelkeyword=1&sort=price%3Aasc&

• Premium Member
So what's up with this pricing on these models from Indiana for $5,699? Gotta be something up with this deal they have three for sale at this price. 
http://m.cycletrader.com/search-results?type=Motorcycle%7C356953&model=FZ-07&radius=250&lat=38.530161596125744&long=-89.87244007125459&modelkeyword=1&sort=price%3Aasc&

The dealership itself has rather good Google ratings. If I was close I'd call or stop in.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I just called this dealership in Westfield, IN about 10 miles north of Indy and it is confirmed they do sell the FZ-07 for $5,699 due to selling at inventory cost I think is what the guy said. No haggle from me at all I'd just call them up and buy one then get a plane ticket from St. Louis to Indianapolis and ride it home. Now if only I didn't have 8 months left to go on my short tour in Spain. I plan on buying a new bike 1-3 months before I get back since I figured on getting a left over model the dealers are pushing to get off the floor for new models.

http://m.cycletrader.com/dealers/Westfield-Powersports-2898686/listing/2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-112483714

A SoCal owner here. I got mine in Ocotober for $7800 OTD.
I used the Costco Powersports program to get a baseline price. And then I started phoning and emailing dealers far and wide to see if they would make it worth my while to travel a bit. Several said they couldn't touch the Costco price. But I finally found one, Berts Mega Mall. I said on the phone I am ready to deal and we agreed on the price over the phone within a couple of minutes. 

A SoCal owner here. I got mine in Ocotober for $7800 OTD. I used the Costco Powersports program to get a baseline price. And then I started phoning and emailing dealers far and wide to see if they would make it worth my while to travel a bit. Several said they couldn't touch the Costco price. But I finally found one, Berts Mega Mall. I said on the phone I am ready to deal and we agreed on the price over the phone within a couple of minutes. 
Geez that's $700 less then I've been quoted. I wonder if I could get the same deal?
373166.png

Who's the guy selling a used FZ-07 in SF,CA (on CL) for 5% over MSRP ($7350) with 2300 miles and non-stock mods?

I just called this dealership in Westfield, IN about 10 miles north of Indy and it is confirmed they do sell the FZ-07 for $5,699 due to selling at inventory cost I think is what the guy said. No haggle from me at all I'd just call them up and buy one then get a plane ticket from St. Louis to Indianapolis and ride it home. Now if only I didn't have 8 months left to go on my short tour in Spain. I plan on buying a new bike 1-3 months before I get back since I figured on getting a left over model the dealers are pushing to get off the floor for new models. 
http://m.cycletrader.com/dealers/Westfield-Powersports-2898686/listing/2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-112483714

I bought mine from there. Nice place, no haggling, and well worth the 3 hour drive.

• Premium Member

I bought mine from there. Nice place, no haggling, and well worth the 3 hour drive.
Good to know! So what was out the door at that price for you? Really can't wait till I get back next August to ride my new bike but it's going to be more like June or July when I buy.

That price is a joke. He calls it almost "brand new", but the bike has 2300 MILES. LOLOLOL. What a joke.
I emailed the CL poster, but no reply.

New Member here, have been shopping all around San Diego for about 2 weeks now. wheeling and dealing like crazy. Price OTD started @ $8,000 then to $7,900, $7,800, etc. Finally one dealer said they will do $7500 OTD and hook it up on some gear (First Motorcycle Purchase). When I was ready to head out to pick up my bike, got a call that they did not have the white in stock and would need to order it which would cost an additional $250 so $7,750 (really!?) So I said "ok, well what about the red one on the floor? I love the white but not willing to pay more for it." Salesmen: "let me call you back, need to ask my manager" never got that call back. going to bug them tomorrow. I have the cash for it, so you would think that would change things?

Anymore SoCal FZ-07 owners out there get theirs under 8K? I've been looking to get a bike for 2+ years now and almost pulled the trigger on a Gladius, glad I didnt, yamaha really stepped it up this year. beautiful bike!

Good to know! So what was out the door at that price for you? Really can't wait till I get back next August to ride my new bike but it's going to be more like June or July when I buy.

Like $6800.

Has anyone gotten a good OTD deal in the Boulder/Denver/Colo Springs corridor in the last month or so? If so, where and how much?

rubberbandman72

I was at Westfield Powersports (Westfield, Indiana) less than 1 week ago and all three FZ-07s on the showroom floor had $6999 on the price tags. All were new 2015 models. The salesman I spoke to gave me a ballpark out the door price in the $7500 range.

Greenhound386
New Member here, have been shopping all around San Diego for about 2 weeks now. wheeling and dealing like crazy. Price OTD started @ $8,000 then to $7,900, $7,800, etc. Finally one dealer said they will do $7500 OTD and hook it up on some gear (First Motorcycle Purchase). When I was ready to head out to pick up my bike, got a call that they did not have the white in stock and would need to order it which would cost an additional $250 so $7,750 (really!?) So I said "ok, well what about the red one on the floor? I love the white but not willing to pay more for it." Salesmen: "let me call you back, need to ask my manager" never got that call back. going to bug them tomorrow. I have the cash for it, so you would think that would change things? 
Anymore SoCal FZ-07 owners out there get theirs under 8K? I've been looking to get a bike for 2+ years now and almost pulled the trigger on a Gladius, glad I didnt, yamaha really stepped it up this year. beautiful bike!

$7828 at North County Yamaha.

2011 ZX-6R
2015 FZ-07

Archived