The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

$5990 + in Nashville at Sloan's.  Only bad thing is they have like $500 or so in BS 'add-on' charges/fees before the '+' portion...lol

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$5990 + in Nashville at Sloan's.  Only bad thing is they have like $500 or so in BS 'add-on' charges/fees before the '+' portion...lol
You sure that Sloan's is $5990? I ask because the website says $6990 and when I have spoke with them in the past they have always said $6990 also.

Any idea on special finance offers now that last deal ended on Sept 30?
I'm in san diego and a dealer here is willing to do 8k out the door..

Best I have seen in socal is $7800 OTD the first week the fz07 was released. They quickly up'd the price to 8500$ out the door a week later =[. Hoping prices will drop down to the high 7k's soon in so cal getting depressed here waiting for a deal.

What is the magic key to avoiding the dealer add-ons like Dealer Prep. Pay them $200 or more for some kid getting $7 an hour to turn a few screws. I've heard of people getting the bike still in the crate -- always wanted that myself as I'd rather being the one prepping the bike. I'm sorry, but I don't trust dealer mechanics.

ben

• Global Moderator

I had my 600 mile service done at a local independent shop. He said everything was put together correctly and all the bolts were tight. I guess at least one dealership can do it properly. Unfortunately after reading some of the stories here (and seeing some of the photos) it is apparent that not all of them can.

SO 86 the $5990 at Sloan's...went by today and I either misunderstood him or the guy I talked to was incorrect on the $$...6990 + +....oh well, it got me to go by and sit on one...waiting on a response on financing, trade in, etc....

• Premium Member

Hello everyone:
Today got my Red Fz-07 in Richmond KY.
Breakdown:

Bike $6600
doc, admin title $275
Tax (I had a trade in, so the tax was on the difference between bike price and trade in)
$126

OTD $7001
mARCO

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
8k OTD at Chaparral Motorsports in so cal
Don't go to Chaparral, they add ridiculous fees for assembly and delivery fees plus other BS.  Check out Palm Springs Motorsports.  They sell the bike for $6,999 plus a few hundred for delivery and assembly.  They only charge what it cost them and not a dime more.  I know the owner and he insisted that they do it that way.  Chaparral way over inflates those charges.  You will have to pay tax on the total amount and licensing.  If you let them know that you are from the forum and Levi sent you, you also get discounts on gear and accessories.  They also have a 3.99% APR 36 month financing sales event going right now.  I was just in there yesterday and they have a white, red and grey one right now. 
And no, I do not work there nor get any commissions from sales. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Does anyone know if the Fz-07's are "50 state" bikes meaning that the same model is being sold in all the states. I am leaning toward purchasing an Fz-07 but I live in Southern California and ALL the motorcycle dealers here are criminals. Thus I am considering purchasing one in another state and bringing it back here.

I did the same thing about 1.5 years ago when I purchased my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. The best deal I could get in CA was 11k, but I got one for 8k in another state. I grew up back east where motorcycle dealers are not all gouging scum like they are here. I have come to hate CA motorcycle dealers and would prefer to not give them ANY money...

Does anyone know if the Fz-07's are "50 state" bikes meaning that the same model is being sold in all the states. I am leaning toward purchasing an Fz-07 but I live in Southern California and ALL the motorcycle dealers here are criminals. Thus I am considering purchasing one in another state and bringing it back here.  
I did the same thing about 1.5 years ago when I purchased my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. The best deal I could get in CA was 11k, but I got one for 8k in another state. I grew up back east where motorcycle dealers are not all gouging scum like they are here. I have come to hate CA motorcycle dealers and would prefer to not give them ANY money...

The California bikes have different model #'s.  There is another post that lists them all, but looks like there is some additional pollution stuff just for CA.  I paid 8700 total here in the NE (NJ) so we ain't such a bargain either. 
See this thread: http://fz07.org/search/results?what_at_least_one=model&what_all=numbers&who_only_made_by=0&display_as=0

http://fz07.org/post/10985/quote/230

Thanks Jerry. Once I saw that the FZ-09 had a different model for CA I figured the FZ-07 would have one too. :( I guess I will be buying another European bike since they have higher emission standards over there and most of the bikes they sell here in the US are 50 state bikes.

I am also from NJ. I used to get some very good deals on bikes nearby. In 2009 I bought a new leftover CBR1000RR for $7000 OTD (plus tax and registration)in NY, and in 2010 bought a new leftover 2009 Ninja 500R for $3500 OTD (plus reg and tax) in Pompton NJ. Last year I bought my leftover Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 for $8000 OTD in GA. These deals are unheard of here in So Cal. I know there is at least one place in PA that was selling an Fz-07 out the door for $6400 this week for out-of-state residents (no tax or registration fee included in the price). Out here in California it would be $2200 more than that amount, not including the registration and tax. :( The trick to getting a great deal back east is to buy leftovers and/or buy when the riding season is coming to an end.

Thanks Jerry. Once I saw that the FZ-09 had a different model for CA I figured the FZ-07 would have one too. :( I guess I will be buying another European bike since they have higher emission standards over there and most of the bikes they sell here in the US are 50 state bikes.  
I am also from NJ. I used to get some very good deals on bikes nearby. In 2009 I bought a new leftover CBR1000RR for $7000 OTD (plus tax and registration)in NY, and in 2010 bought a new leftover 2009 Ninja 500R for $3500 OTD (plus reg and tax) in Pompton NJ. Last year I bought my leftover Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 for $8000 OTD in GA. These deals are unheard of here in So Cal. I know there is at least one place in PA that was selling an Fz-07 out the door for $6400 this week for out-of-state residents (no tax or registration fee included in the price). Out here in California it would be $2200 more than that amount, not including the registration and tax. :( The trick to getting a great deal back east is to buy leftovers and/or buy when the riding season is coming to an end.
That's where I got mine, Pompton :) ... At least you live where you can ride all year now ;).  Only 50 degrees this AM, quite chilly!  Yeah, getting a good deal on the FZ when it first came out would have been nearly impossible.

Picked up my white FZ today, $7603 OTD before down payment...
Was it from Sloans?  How much were all the BS fees? Or how much were you able to talk them down on the bike before they added tax and all?  I went there Saturday to look at the graphite one but did not attempt to talk price or anything since it was raining.  Trying to get a good starting point to know what to expect when I can get back there.

Any latest out the door total prices in southern California?

There's no rebates now, does anybody know when yamaha historically puts them back up?
I would think around now, end of year, 4th quarter. ..

Archived