The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

Since the discussion is going on... The FZ-07 is my first street bike. With anything in life it all comes down to responsibility and character. Anyone can get into trouble or get hurt in/on any vehicle if they are acting a fool. As far as the skills needed to competently ride this bike... I think they are fairly basic as long as you understand your limits and have basic primal fears. Just my $0.02
I agree 100% of what you're saying! When I was 20 I had a good paying job for my age, had no real bills so I bought myself a brand spanking new 2002 Subaru WRX. Everyone was saying you're going to kill yourself blah blah blah. I had the car for 10 freaking years!!! Never wrecked or did anything to stupid. It's all about how responsible of a person you are and being mindful of the danger you can put yourself in by being stupid or a showoff.  

Now would I personally get an FZ07 as my first bike? No. but thats because I want to build up to it. I've passed my MSF class with flying colors (about 5 years ago) and i plan to start off on an older ninja 250 MAINLY because I want to learn without fear of dropping a brand new shiny bike. Then when I'm ready I'll go get my dream FZ07.
I brought my 05 STi when I was 21 and got the same response... still have it today. Sorry for getting OT lol 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my wife's FZ07 this past Wednesday. Got it from Apache Motorcycles in Phoenix, AZ. OTD was $7700. No haggling, easy transaction. In and out of the dealer in about 1 hour. Lots of great email communication from the sales guy leading up to the final delivery of the bike.

ben

I'm in Central Texas. It was $6750 and the rest were government fees (license, tax, inspection, transfer, etc).

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

Here in Mexico FZ 07 is sold at a Fixed price of MXP $119,900.00 (16% Tax, inspection, etc,etc,etc included) there are no discounts on this bike, i have searched with several dealers before i bougth with my local dealer, all said yamaha is controlling final price.

So actual exchange rate is 1 US = 14.60 MXP this gives a total retail price of $8,268.00 USD quite expensive over here

• Premium Member

I put this in my intro but $7150 out the door price I had to put $1000 down its still in the box and they are going to hold for me till the spring or when I'm ready for it.

Good thing is I don't have to insure it for the 5 to 6 months of crap weather and I hope I can save up the cash to have it payed off when I pick it up.

Bad thing is I'm buying stuff for I bike I don't even have yet LOL!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator
I put this in my intro but $6150 out the door price I had to put $1000 down its still in the box and they are going to hold for me till the spring or when I'm ready for it. 
Good thing is I don't have to insure it for the 5 to 6 months of crap weather and I hope I can save up the cash to have it payed off when I pick it up.

That is a great price. The hard part will be waiting for spring. [div] [/div][div]I had a set of frame sliders sitting on the kitchen table for a couple of weeks before my bike arrive, so you are not the only one to buy things for a bike you do not have yet :). [/div]

• Premium Member
I put this in my intro but $6150 out the door price I had to put $1000 down its still in the box and they are going to hold for me till the spring or when I'm ready for it. 

That is a great price. The hard part will be waiting for spring. [div] [/div][div]I had a set of frame sliders sitting on the kitchen table for a couple of weeks before my bike arrive, so you are not the only one to buy things for a bike you do not have yet :). [/div]
you got my post before I changed it lol so it was 7150 out the door 1000 down so I owe 6155 now, from the looks of it this might be average  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator
you got my post before I changed it lol so it was 7150 out the door 1000 down so I owe 6155 now, from the looks of it this might be average
I think you are on the low side of average even at that price. It is also less than what I paid by a fair amount. Keep us posted on what parts you have waiting to install :)

• Premium Member

I picked mine up today. $7565.05 OTD. No financing, paid cash. I got it from Carey's Cycle in Riverdale Utah. SHANE, was awesome to deal with. He was very patient while I debated back and forth between the FZ07 and FZ09 for a week. Then it was between the Red and the Grey/Blurple FZ07 for the last 2 weeks. He answered all of my question honestly. Some of them I already knew the answer to. It was my way of vetting him to see if he was an honest salesman. He passed with flying color's. CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! 60 degrees of Friday Fun then Saturday Snow. That will give me a chance to put my led blinkers on and get my tidy tail installed.

I know you all want to know what color I got.... You will have to wait for the pictures. I can't take a picture of it with that wart hanging off the back. That would be like posting a profile picture of yourself with a huge zit on your face. Just wrong and embarrassing.

• Global Moderator

Three weeks is nothing. The saleswoman I dealt with was answering my questions for over four YEARS before I finally bought my FZ-07. Talk about patience :).

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
455 miles away from the Bay Area ... mmm
You could make it tomorrow.  Only an 8 hour drive.  I regularly drive to Oroville (near Sacramento) to see family.  Always wanted to take my bike, maybe next trip.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I picked up a red FZ-07 yesterday for $8119 in north Texas. Even with shipping back to LA its still cheaper then every quote I got in the LA area.

373166.png

Hi guys I just bought a new FZ-07 a few days before Xmas. Everything I read about Del Amo in Huntington Beach, CA said they suck!!!!! But they sold me the bike $7,775 OTD which I think is a pretty good price here in LA!!! This is my first Motorbike and I love it so far!!!!!

just for you SoCal folks.... Just as an FYI, Thousand Oaks Powersports is selling their FZ-07's for $6299. Not really sure what their OTD price is but I would assume it's not tacked on with absurd fees. My bro-in-law just picked up his 2015 FZ-09 for just a little over $8k OTD.....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my FZ07 at Del Amo through Charlie Adamson, 7500 OTD. My first bike deal, so I dont think it was a great deal, but not a rip off either. The deal was done quickly, so I imagine that there was still some room to negotiate... I see some people getting crazy deals in other places... Next time I will go through forums PRIOR to purchasing. lol... Just got too excited I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

What at the TT&L fees like there in the cold midwest? What was the purchase price of the bike before state/local taxes and fees?

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

rubberbandman72

I paid $7136 OTD in central Indiana. Jump on it!! My salesman offered to deliver to my house for $25. Your's might do the same. Luckily the sun came out on a Saturday in November and I was able to ride it home.

Hey guys, I'm new here and have been looking into buying an FZ-07 from a local dealer here in FL. I was quoted an OTD price of 7,910, but felt that was a little high. Taxes @ 7% of MSRP is $490, plus $100 doc fee brings the bike close to $7600 and then the remainder comes from crate fees. How are you guys getting your bikes so cheap?

Archived