The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

rubberbandman72

Just bought my new 2015 FZ-07 in red! Acceleration Powersports in Anderson, Indiana. Paid $7137 OTD. Had to leave it there for the time being since it's only about 35° here today. The salesman offered to deliver to my house for $25. I think I'll take him up on that offer because I don't have a truck and it's too cold to ride. This is going to be the longest winter ever...

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rubberbandman72! (You've got me humming the Spinners song now) Congratulations on picking the fastest color. Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have been given the thumbs up finally to go buy a motorcycle. I am going to go out tomorrow and see who has some 07s in stock. Looking at all these prices what would be a realistic OTD price to ask for? $7300?

I was at Westfield Powersports (Westfield, Indiana) less than 1 week ago and all three FZ-07s on the showroom floor had $6999 on the price tags. All were new 2015 models. The salesman I spoke to gave me a ballpark out the door price in the $7500 range.
Tomorrow, I will be going on a 5 hours drive to Westfield IN, and will pick up their Graphite FZ-07 with an OTD of $6,666 (Love that number P-)) Conveniently, next door is a Tractor Supply store with a few trailers to choose from to load the FZ on, and back to its permanent home :)

OK need everyone's help. So far I have gotten an OTD price of $7990 with free delivery and one of $7800 with a fee of $50-$75 to deliver and the last dealer I called did not give me a price but said they can beat the $7800 by a little but did not say how much. So should I hold out a bit longer and see if I can get a better price or are those prices about as good as it gets without driving hours to Westfields?

OK need everyone's help. So far I have gotten an OTD price of $7990 with free delivery and one of $7800 with a fee of $50-$75 to deliver and the last dealer I called did not give me a price but said they can beat the $7800 by a little but did not say how much. So should I hold out a bit longer and see if I can get a better price or are those prices about as good as it gets without driving hours to Westfields?
I just googled your sales tax, 9.44%. (Man, that has gotta piss you off. We pay about the same here.) 
With that in mind, I don't think you are leaving much on the table and more grinding might only yield marginal results. Go with what is convenient at this point. 

This morning, I left at 7AM, and I just got back at 7:30PM this evening. After 600 miles (10 hours drive) round trip, me and my friend picked up a Graphite FZ-07 in Westfield, IN for an OTD of $6,666.82. Bought a 4x6 trailer next door ($450), at Tractor supply, loaded the bike in it and got back home. That 4x6 trailer with 12" tires handled amazingly well at speeds to up and sustained of 70 mph.
 http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/2_zpseb1e1ed9.jpg
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag272/arnau11/3_zpsef7f9eda.jpg

Thanks Guru.
Tonight, my first challenge is going to figure out how to push my new bike pass the front entrance door of my house, then two more doors leading to my bedroom, then drop it gently onto my bed. What a night I am going to have :-*;)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Thanks Guru. Tonight, my first challenge is going to figure out how to push my new bike pass the front entrance door of my house, then two more doors leading to my bedroom, then drop it gently onto my bed. What a night I am going to have :-*;)
So, how'd that work out for you?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Guru. Tonight, my first challenge is going to figure out how to push my new bike pass the front entrance door of my house, then two more doors leading to my bedroom, then drop it gently onto my bed. What a night I am going to have :-*;)
So, how'd that work out for you?
I had too many cigarettes :-X 

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2015. A local dealer agreed to match the price from Westfield. That will save me a few bucks trying to get the bike home in Dec. They will also match the price on the FZ09 if I want but that might be too much bike for a newbie.

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2015. A local dealer agreed to match the price from Westfield. That will save me a few bucks trying to get the bike home in Dec. They will also match the price on the FZ09 if I want but that might be too much bike for a newbie.
I honestly think the FZ-07 is also too much bike for a newbie, someone's first bike. Any new car driver can buy a Porche and drive it. Is it a good starter car? Certainly not. You will get yourself in a lot of trouble, not from the LEO, but from yourself (Darwin at its best).
Like anything, you can use a new acquired skill, but can you master it? no.
Like everybody, you should start from the beginning, "wax on, wax off". You will then enjoy your new skills and appreciate every step of it, isn't what riding is all about, enjoying yourself, not scaring yourself. Start with a 300cc, as a 50cc is probably out of the picture, build your skills, then, when YOU feel ready, move up.
Don't fall for peer pressure. Even experience riders love a good 300cc. My 0.2c ;)

I honestly think the FZ-07 is also too much bike for a newbie, someone's first bike. Any new car driver can buy a Porche and drive it. Is it a good starter car? Certainly not. You will get yourself in a lot of trouble, not from the LEO, but from yourself (Darwin at its best).
Like anything, you can use a new acquired skill, but can you master it? no.
Like everybody, you should start from the beginning, "wax on, wax off". You will then enjoy your new skills and appreciate every step of it, isn't what riding is all about, enjoying yourself, not scaring yourself. Start with a 300cc, as a 50cc is probably out of the picture, build your skills, then, when YOU feel ready, move up.
Don't fall for peer pressure. Even experience riders love a good 300cc. My 0.2c ;)

I disagree. The FZ-07 is light, nimble, easy to ride, good looking, comfortable riding position, fuel efficient, affordable....the list goes on and on. I'm a beginner and I bought one. You have the ability to take it slow and learn at your own pace. Just because it has plenty of power doesn't mean you have to use it. I drive a million dollar ladder truck at work that can get me into just as much trouble but I use my brain because that's what it is there for.

I drive a million dollar ladder truck at work that can get me into just as much trouble but I use my brain because that's what it is there for.
I absolutely agree with you DFDFF, but I am not talking about newbies with brain like you, I am talking about newbies with no brain, the majority of us out there, I am just trying to save a few squids. But some of them do deserve to be handed the keys a shiny new FZ-07, and see what happen next ???, the world would probably be a safer place for those that survive that test (rofl) 

• Global Moderator

I am on the fence with this question. I have no problem with this as a beginner bike for me, but I am 49. Knowing how I was when I was 20 I do not think it would have been a wise choice back then. A lot depends on personal maturity, no matter what your age. There is a lot of potential for trouble for those with low experience and any reckless streak when dealing with a light bike with so much power.

I absolutely agree with you DFDFF, but I am not talking about newbies with brain like you, I am talking about newbies with no brain, the majority of us out there, I am just trying to save a few squids. But some of them do deserve to be handed the keys a shiny new FZ-07, and see what happen next ???, the world would probably be a safer place for those that survive that test (rofl)

How's that old saying go.....i don't have to be the fastest, I just have to out run the slowest. Or something along those lines haha

Guest August BB

Yeah, as said, it really depends on the person who is starting out. As a blanket statement, knowing absolutely nothing about who you are speaking to, the FZ07 might be just a bit much. Knowing who the person you are speaking about, you can make a fair guess if the FZ07 will be right or not for a first bike.

The FZ07 is my very first bike. I did take the MSF course a few weeks prior to buying it, and that helped me greatly. But in general, I ride fairly reserved. I also took the bike out yesterday in icy/snowy conditions just to test out my camera set-up. And all in all I have only 423 miles total riding time logged in. Also should be noted, I have yet to lift the front wheel. So that tells you have a fairly decent hold on the FZ's throttle (which many might say is not smooth) and also tells you just how reserved I am.

Now if say a friend or someone in my family owned an FZ07 and you were to ask them how I would handle it as a first time bike, I'm sure they would say I would be fine based on my history of being around motorcycles since I was small, my level headed pre-disposition, and general overall competence (and some-what related, my childhood friend who has ridden a BMW motorcycle for about a decade, when I told him I bought a motorcycle his response was "finally!"). Yet, I know a good amount of people if asked if the FZ07 would be a good first bike for them, I would say NOOOOOOOOO.

ehh, you don't get smarter because your bike goes slower. its a good beginner bike for just the price factor alone something your skills can grow into. i gained alot of my knowledge back from my younger days fairly quick on this bike. but i also upped my life insurance too.

Guest August BB
ehh, you don't get smarter because your bike goes slower. its a good beginner bike for just the price factor alone something your skills can grow into. i gained alot of my knowledge back from my younger days fairly quick on this bike. but i also upped my life insurance too.
I think its more like for some people, a slower bike will get them in less trouble.  And I'm not talking about recklessness. 

Since the discussion is going on... The FZ-07 is my first street bike. With anything in life it all comes down to responsibility and character. Anyone can get into trouble or get hurt in/on any vehicle if they are acting a fool. As far as the skills needed to competently ride this bike... I think they are fairly basic as long as you understand your limits and have basic primal fears. Just my $0.02

Since the discussion is going on... The FZ-07 is my first street bike. With anything in life it all comes down to responsibility and character. Anyone can get into trouble or get hurt in/on any vehicle if they are acting a fool. As far as the skills needed to competently ride this bike... I think they are fairly basic as long as you understand your limits and have basic primal fears. Just my $0.02
I agree 100% of what you're saying! When I was 20 I had a good paying job for my age, had no real bills so I bought myself a brand spanking new 2002 Subaru WRX. Everyone was saying you're going to kill yourself blah blah blah. I had the car for 10 freaking years!!! Never wrecked or did anything to stupid. It's all about how responsible of a person you are and being mindful of the danger you can put yourself in by being stupid or a showoff.  

Now would I personally get an FZ07 as my first bike? No. but thats because I want to build up to it. I've passed my MSF class with flying colors (about 5 years ago) and i plan to start off on an older ninja 250 MAINLY because I want to learn without fear of dropping a brand new shiny bike. Then when I'm ready I'll go get my dream FZ07.

Wow! You guys got some real nice prices. Compared to those I got fleeced. Here in SoCal they tack on "freight" (around $395) and "set-up" (depending on the bike it can go over $1,000), and sales tax in L.A. County is over 9% --  so by the time you get the OTD price you're looking at an additional 20% of the cost of the bike. I, however, managed to get the set-up fee waived so I thought I had a good deal. Oh well, for SoCal that's pretty much the best I could do. The bike is phenomenal so the dealer's pick-pocketing will be overcome by the fun! 8-)

PS: I didn't realize the thread had changed subjects. I don't know how to delete the reply so I will say the FZ-07 is a good "beginners' bike, however if you are an impatient newb, you can very easily end up on your head. Back in the day (pulls out pipe) we started on Honda 50's. If you had a 650 Triumph you had a BIG bike!
If you had a Harley you were a Hells Angel and if they had an FZ-07 back then it would have been the best bike on the market by far!

Archived