The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

My 2015 I bought at the end of 2014 was $8,200 out the door. Just bought a 2017 model as my 5th bike and was $7,400 out the door from the same dealer. Can't wait to start riding it later today after work.

20171101_184146_zpsyjfhu1xo.jpg

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought mine -  $7500 otd for a 2017 with ABS in the SoCal area.    I went back and forth with several dealerships, and $7500 otd was definitely the lowest any of them would go.  For the dealer(s), that worked out to a sales price of around $6600, which was at cost (or actually $14.00 below their cost).

• 4 months later...
Bigturbomax

New 2017 in september of 2017, non ABS. $7036 OTD, including all taxes, fees and registration. Got a $170 cortech jacket free in the deal too. Bought in central texas. Negotiated, a lot

On 10/31/2017 at 1:00 PM, sniperelite said:

Your profile picture is my photo, where did you get that ? 1f632.png

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery...

2017, non abs. Paid $7000 cash OTD in NJ. That’s including the freight, setup, doc fees, sales tax, and tags etc. NJ has 6.875 sales tax so it would be less in other states. I think my sales sheet worked out to something like $5500 selling price, plus the fees.

• 3 weeks later...
Red_ak_ranger
On 4/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, Bigturbomax said:

So i guess i really gave 6866 for it lol

Big thanks to the above for saving me $500 and a 2 hour drive on purchasing an FZ-07.  Will be able to pay and pickup much sooner.  Forum has already saved me money!..just kidding - all the mod suggestions are costing as well.

• 3 months later...

I have a quick question. I have been very interested in buying an FZ07 for a few months now. Ready to upgrade from my little 250. I found one in my area and it seems like a good deal, just want to get an idea of what you all think before pulling the trigger. It’s a 2015 and it only has 54 miles on it, the issue is that is was laid over when the owner bought it. He got hurt pretty bad and decided to sell it. From what I can see it’s only some small cosmetic damage. A scratch here and there and the bars are tweaked a little. They want 4900 but I offered 4400. Is that a deal worth taking?

• Global Moderator
9 minutes ago, DrewOxMs said:

I have a quick question. I have been very interested in buying an FZ07 for a few months now. Ready to upgrade from my little 250. I found one in my area and it seems like a good deal, just want to get an idea of what you all think before pulling the trigger. It’s a 2015 and it only has 54 miles on it, the issue is that is was laid over when the owner bought it. He got hurt pretty bad and decided to sell it. From what I can see it’s only some small cosmetic damage. A scratch here and there and the bars are tweaked a little. They want 4900 but I offered 4400. Is that a deal worth taking?

I would have it looked over to make sure the frame is not bent and check the triple trees are aligned properly.  It is possible to do frame damage if it hit the ground in the wrong way, and that will total the bike.  It must have been sitting for a while with that low mileage on a 2015.  That can also cause problems.  You should be able to find a 2015 that has not been down for that amount, although it will have more miles, which is not a bad thing.  I would rather have a bike that was run regularly than one that sat for years. 

• Premium Member

I wouldn't think a rider That got hurt "pretty bad" and there be only "small cosmetic damage". Definitely have it checked by a proper mechanic. Fork and frame tweaks aren't always that easy to see.

Best of luck finding an FZ/MT-07 for  a fair price. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I would have it looked over to make sure the frame is not bent and check the triple trees are aligned properly.  It is possible to do frame damage if it hit the ground in the wrong way, and that will total the bike.  It must have been sitting for a while with that low mileage on a 2015.  That can also cause problems.  You should be able to find a 2015 that has not been down for that amount, although it will have more miles, which is not a bad thing.  I would rather have a bike that was run regularly than one that sat for years. 

Thank you! That’s good advice. I have a mechanic friend and I’ll take him tomorrow to check it out. If he thinks it’s good then my dream of being an FZ07 owner will finally come true, no more wishful thinking while reading forums LOL

Archived