The MT-07 Forum

What fender eliminator (tail tidy)?!

Joey

rotaryryan24
I got Vagabond's fender eliminator, which I think strikes a nice balance between cost, quality and looks. Yoshimura's version definitely seems at the top in terms of quality, finish and looks… but comes at the highest price-point. I really do like the slim integrated license plate light, instead of reusing the "large" factory one and matching plate "surround". 
Some of the eBay version look "hokey" and honestly aren't that much cheaper (in the scheme of things). I also looked at Ryan's version, but for the same money as Vagabonds (May discount), it was larger and honestly less "refined". Not knocking it, guy makes them here in the US, but Vagabonds is much nicer with its finish and formed pieces vs. welded.

I could have spent the $$ on the Yoshi, but honestly is just a license plate holder and the $60 or so I saved I put towards a Renthal bar.

Really, less refined. I'm so glad you had to share your uninformed opinion. Just letting you know when working with higher strength aluminium alloys such as 5051 and particularly 6061, the formed bends (over 45 degrees) are very prone to cracking. This is why my tail tidy is fully welded.

As far as fit and finish each piece is hand smoothed with a 300 grit abrasive wheel. I may not sell as much volume as the bigger guys but I do have 100% satisfaction rate.
And as for the size, it is bigger than some, I was going for a clean look that could be past off as a oem part. I built it to blend in and not get me a ticket for making the plate difficult to read.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bmwpowere36m3
I got Vagabond's fender eliminator, which I think strikes a nice balance between cost, quality and looks. Yoshimura's version definitely seems at the top in terms of quality, finish and looks… but comes at the highest price-point. I really do like the slim integrated license plate light, instead of reusing the "large" factory one and matching plate "surround". 
Some of the eBay version look "hokey" and honestly aren't that much cheaper (in the scheme of things). I also looked at Ryan's version, but for the same money as Vagabonds (May discount), it was larger and honestly less "refined". Not knocking it, guy makes them here in the US, but Vagabonds is much nicer with its finish and formed pieces vs. welded.

I could have spent the $$ on the Yoshi, but honestly is just a license plate holder and the $60 or so I saved I put towards a Renthal bar.
Really, less refined. I'm so glad you had to share your uninformed opinion. Just letting you know when working with higher strength aluminium alloys such as 5051 and particularly 6061, the formed bends (over 45 degrees) are very prone to cracking. This is why my tail tidy is fully welded.  
As far as fit and finish each piece is hand smoothed with a 300 grit abrasive wheel. I may not sell as much volume as the bigger guys but I do have 100% satisfaction rate.
And as for the size, it is bigger than some, I was going for a clean look that could be past off as a oem part. I built it to blend in and not get me a ticket for making the plate difficult to read.

I'm sorry, maybe it was a dick thing to say. Like I said, no disrespect, I can appreciate hand-built stuff.... It's my opinion based on the pictures posted by members. And we're all entitled to them... Just my opinion, for whatever it is or isn't worth.

Obviously there are plenty satisfied customers out there.

thomascrown

I know lots of people like the Yoshimura, but I can't get over the near perpendicular angle of the plate.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't like how small these(& turn signals) have gotten. Just looks like something is missing IMO. Don't really care for OE either.

What I really want is to eliminate the OE bracket. For some reason I thought it was possible to mount the lower OE part directly to the sub-frame? Maybe not because I haven't seen anyone do it.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I also got the one from Chris on eBay, though without the blinkers.

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="488][attachment thumbnail=1" id="490]Here's some pics of mine. They come with LED's front and rear also for $69.99 and they aren't as bulky as most. 

www.ebay.com/itm/331315363435?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought this one too. No instuctions though. Know of any step by steps?

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
@joey yeah they are bad. The lights I bought aren't cheap either but I did a ton of research and obviously like the parts I bought the best. If you're going to LED turn signals, do yourself a favor and pick up this flasher relay to slow down the blinking speed. It's super easy to install --> https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/lf1-s-flat-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/
Would I need to buy 4 of these then? Or do they come in pairs? 

Here's some pics of mine. They come with LED's front and rear also for $69.99 and they aren't as bulky as most. 

www.ebay.com/itm/331315363435?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I bought this one too. No instuctions though. Know of any step by steps?
I used this one, was pretty easy, gl! 

[video src=https://youtu.be/v49ygePVCm8]

Beemer

Thanks. I got mine finished up. Noticed that my signal lights are blinking a lot faster. Any one else have that problem?

• Premium Member

I got a cheap 30$ eBay tidy...used a few washers to level the tail tidy out and cut down some of the old stock tail plastic that goes under the tail light to fill in the lil gap...I have a motodynamic tail light...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 1 year later...
I got this one from Chris on eBay.

It wasn't exactly as shown. It had knockouts instead of the large holes for the OEM turn signals which is good as it gives the option of installing led turn signals if that is what you want. 

The only problem I had with it was that the foam gaskets which seem to be shown in the pictures didn't some with it so the OEM signals didn't fit properly and needed to be shimmed.

Before I got that installed I came across a
detailing the installation for the Elite-1 fender eliminator from TST Industries. It looks to be a pretty nice option as well.

• Premium Member

Just for info sake, the Yoshi can be easily modified to move the turn-signals in toward the tag with a single piece of aluminum.  This makes even the originals blinkers not too bad, imho.

My wife made mine, parts came out to about 30 bucks :)
Awesome wife! I bet she can bake a mean batch of cookies! 

[attachment id=2378" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

TST Industries eliminator along with their integrated tailight. Exceptional fitment, quality and improvement from stock. Highly recommended.
20160830_004056.jpg

20161011_023742.png

My wife made mine, parts came out to about 30 bucks :)
Awesome wife! I bet she can bake a mean batch of cookies! 

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="2378]

You better believe it :).. she did the same for my buddy w his Honda cbr1000.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's some pics of mine. They come with LED's front and rear also for $69.99 and they aren't as bulky as most. 

Do you have to solder the wires ? or is it a plug and play

Do you have to solder the wires ? or is it a plug and play
Sorry, they aren't plug & play and you will lose your front signal DRL capability.

Beemer

Archived