The MT-07 Forum

New to the forum, tought i'd share!

megamold

New to this forum so i tought i'd share some pictures! 

ku33Y8z.jpg

d4IMDxi.jpg

ive only had her for about 2 months now so lots more mods coming! 

- remove pillion footpegs
- ixil exhaust
- tail tidy 
- led blinkers 
- bar ends 
and most likely some other stuff i havent tought of yet :D 

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! I like the read racing stripe! Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the !

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

Hi @megamold. Sweet looking bike ! And in the best color too. Thank you for joining our forum ! applause-038.gif

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome megamold! Good lookin' bike! And it's got those turn signals that a lot of us over the pond covet.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Yes, I got my euro blinkers from Belgium too.

And @megamold's bike has ABS too  :o

yeah i dont understand why the clear turn signal is so hard to get over there, i can pretty much walk into my dealership and buy some.

and i decided to go with abs since i had a couple of near crashes on my previous bike that abs would have saved me from :D

• Global Moderator

North American bikes come with big orange pumpkins due to regulations. They have incorporated the daytime running lights into the front ones. Lots of members replace them with after market led's.
ABS is not even available on this side of the atlantic so we don't even have a choice.

Abs not even available? That's gotta suck.
I mean i know Abs isnt as popular over there but not even having the option is rough.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Abs not even available? That's gotta suck. I mean i know Abs isnt as popular over there but not even having the option is rough.
I am still learning riding skills. Missed a turn and locked up my rear tire trying to stop a week or so ago. Didn't crash but ABS would've been nice. I still get nervous breaking with how much the fork collapses when breaking.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Nice bike!  @megamold did you replace the white middle tank panel with a red one to get the red stripe on the tank?

Nice bike!  @megamold did you replace the white middle tank panel with a red one to get the red stripe on the tank?
no, i used to work at a place that made signs for commercial use. so i popped in and grabbed the vinyl samples and matched the red to my rear shock.  then i just took a couple small pieces and stuck it on ( i used to do the stickering so it wasnt to much trouble ) i did have to remove the entire center plate to be able to do it properly. 

it's weather and sun proof for around 5 years so i'll just reapply when the time comes :D

yeah i was surprised with how much the front dives down aswell, i havent actually managed to get the front abs to engage. it just endo's and then stops.

Welcome! I thought the Schwinn, Cheater Slick, red stripe was an American thing. Why don't us Yanks get it?! I wish I had blue stripes on my wheels ... but there is 1/4 in. pin-striping tape out there.

Beemer

• Premium Member
I wish I had blue stripes on my wheels ... but there is 1/4 in. pin-striping tape out there.
You can always kill two birds with one stone and stripe your rims with reflective blue tape (see my gallery) -- I used the "customtaylor33" tape I got on Amazon

Welcome! I thought the Schwinn, Cheater Slick, red stripe was an American thing. Why don't us Yanks get it?! I wish I had blue stripes on my wheels ... but there is 1/4 in. pin-striping tape out there.
well if you look for a place that makes signs somewhere near you they should have a supply of vinyl stickering and they can cut you any length,width or shape you want.  even more complex shapes shouldnt be a problem since its all computer drawn and cut.

edit: and it should be pretty cheap, i paid like 3 bucks and thats only because my boss was a cheapskate a-hole :D

I wish I had blue stripes on my wheels ... but there is 1/4 in. pin-striping tape out there.
You can always kill two birds with one stone and stripe your rims with reflective blue tape (see my gallery) -- I used the "customtaylor33" tape I got on Amazon
I have checked out some reflective blue but the chart showed that the blue had the least amount of reflective quality compared to say green, red or yellow so I'm deciding on whether $37 a roll is justifiable. How do you view a persons gallery? I don't see a button that says gallery or anything similar.

Beemer

well if you look for a place that makes signs somewhere near you they should have a supply of vinyl stickering and they can cut you any length,width or shape you want.  even more complex shapes shouldnt be a problem since its all computer drawn and cut.

edit: and it should be pretty cheap, i paid like 3 bucks and thats only because my boss was a cheapskate asshole :D
Does that vinyl work on rims as pin-striping?

Beemer

edit: and it should be pretty cheap, i paid like 3 bucks and thats only because my boss was a cheapskate asshole :D
Does that vinyl work on rims as pin-striping?
it does, generally speaking any rim tape you buy is also vinyl just thinner.  
the vinyl for stickering being thicker is actually a good thing cause its easier to stretch and bend to go around curves and edges and its adds to the longevity. 

edit: to put the price of a roll of rim tape into perspective: the general price for a roll of high quality stickering vinyl is about 15€ per meter, thats about 16$ for a 3 foot by 3 foot square.

• 3 months later...

Archived