The MT-07 Forum

Seat Concepts - show and tell

g3ngo

squintyeyes

For people that also had the rear seat installed by seat concepts, did you have the strap come uninstalled? If so how do you install it? I don't remember where the straps mounted or how they were attached.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed mine today!! I got grey stitching...

Here's a pic:
68edb90cc5e09f7a6f14868de53bd7d6.jpg

Very happy with the end finish!!!

However, I'm having extreme difficulty fitting the rear seat. It seems loose at the front now and I'm not sure why...
Here's a pic of the rear seat:
80b2396048e07c55fd4d75ddfa29a3f0.jpg

As you can see, it's raised quite high at the front. It also moves around very easily.

Here's the underside:
d8a4067b43fa81c116a3a58cc92b0bd9.jpg
d0cce52bd179e50c9baa429c41daf887.jpg

Everything looks right to me but can't understand why it's so loose...
Has anyone else had this issue? Does everything look in order on my bike??
Thanks in advance for any help :D

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
https://vimeo.com/127729829 
This is what I'm talking about :)

Is this normal??? I can guarantee I've put it on correctly :) tried for over an hour lol
I ran into the same thing the first time I took my plastics and everything off and reassembled them.  Apparently it is normal as the hooks that slide in have way too much wiggle room.  I simply use the nylon straps that are to tie down stuff located at the front of the pad to "fill" in the gap, just fold them over under the front of the seat once or twice and kind of wedge them in while putting the seat back on.  I thought about rubber dipping the two front hooks with a few layers to fill the gap as a more permanent fix. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Global Moderator

I just keep so much stuff under my seat that it cannot move. It only just closes.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

Is this normal??? I can guarantee I've put it on correctly :) tried for over an hour lol
Install the two aluminum hooks on the studs first, then seat strap, then luggage straps. It will be tighter!

Install the two aluminum hooks on the studs first, then seat strap, then luggage straps. It will be tighter!

Thanks man! Will try that soon.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

No worries, i started to put mine back together like that too and then i happened to look at my before picture

No worries, i started to put mine back together like that too and then i happened to look at my before picture

WORKED A TREAT!!! Legend!!

Wow, maybe this would make a good "How to" and have a chance at winning $100 in revzilla credit??
I was going to make this a how-to, but it ended up being so intricate, I just gave up on the idea of a how-to and just tried to finish the seat before the sun went down. As it is, I still need to re-do my front seat because there is a crease by the front of it so I need to undo a lot of the staples to tighten it...  B-| I think I did a pretty good job having no prior experience with this sort of thing though.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I feel your pain bro. You're a better man than I cause I gave up and jut brought it to a pro.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

WORKED A TREAT!!! Legend!!
Awesome!

Archived