The MT-07 Forum

Seat Concepts - show and tell

g3ngo

Im starting this thread so that those who participated in the recent Seat Concepts group buy can share their results and most importantly, include pics!

I'm hoping to get mine back this week and will be posting up here.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Mine will be here on Friday according to the UPS website. Of course I will be at work until Monday night.

• Premium Member

I actually got mine Tuesday, but I won't be able to post any review/pictures until tonight. I paid them to install on my pans, but like a complete bonehead I misread their email and failed to include my rear seat foam when I shipped my pans to them (their price requires reusing the foam for the pillion seat only), so they sent me back my completed saddle and the cover for my pillion. So then I tried to do the install of the pillion cover using an electric stapler and it wasn't powerful enough to drive the staples into the plastic, so now I am awaiting a pneumatic stapler delivery from Amazon today.

The saddle itself looks and feels top notch -- haven't ridden on it yet.

TL;DR; I'm a bonehead but will post pictures later tonight if possible.

Very interested in what you guys have to say! For those receiving them can you please include information about seat height increases and your inseam for reference? Much obliged!

• Premium Member
Very interested in what you guys have to say! For those receiving them can you please include information about seat height increases and your inseam for reference? Much obliged!
I have a tiny 30" inseam and the difference in seat height is not noticeable to me.  I couldn't flat foot it before (mostly due to the peg positions) and still can't.  :)

Did you guys get an e-mail saying they shipped? I did not get an e-mail like that if that is the case.

• Premium Member

I am going to guess it is about 1/2" taller. Installed mine late last night so I will try and finish the back and take some pics.
I am 5'9" with very short legs and I am always complaining about tall bikes. After sitting on that seat last night I can't wait to go for a loooong ride and test it out. The difference in comfort and support so out weighs the 1/2" increase.

• Premium Member
Did you guys get an e-mail saying they shipped? I did not get an e-mail like that if that is the case.
Yes I did. 

• Premium Member

I did -- got an email via PayPal with return shipping information. They might have a bit of a backlog now, but I paid my invoice within 15 minutes of receiving it and shipped my seat pans out to them that night. All in all (shipping my pans out then receiving the results) it took just about a week, but YMMV. I'm only a state away also (AZ).

• Premium Member

I ended up not getting one because I want to get the wife to buy me a custom Corbin seat for Xmast so I will wait but I want to see what I potentially missed out on

Speak and you shall receive I guess. Haha I literally just got an email with the tracking information. It should be here next Wednesday! Can't wait!   :D

• Premium Member

Here are some pics.  Haven't ridden on it yet, but it feels real comfy.  Certainly an improvement over that wooden plank called a stock seat.  Also really digging the styling, and the "gripper" is pretty grippy.  No sliding around for me!  If you need to hang off, all you have to do is raise your butt up a little first.  Ride height isn't noticably different for me -- maybe a half inch higher up front as someone else pointed out.

[attachment id=218" thumbnail="1][attachment id=219" thumbnail="1][attachment id=220" thumbnail="1]

For those who have not sent away their seat yet, a before and after shot from roughly the same camera position may be appreciated by our forum. Would have been easier if I thought to take a pic before sending away my seat!

Hoping for my email confirmation tomorrow...

• Premium Member

I have a wrinkle to smooth out on the front seat. Although it seems to be smoothed way out from last night so it may flatten out on it's own.
[attachment id=221" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

@n2shotokai -- I see you went full carbon (gripper+carbon for me). Did you install it yourself or have them do it? For mine they installed the saddle and I installed the pillion cover myself (read my previous post about being a bonehead in this thread)

Omg these look sick!!!! CANT WAIT TO GET MINE!!!
Got a 2 hour ride north today... Not looking forward to the annoying aching arse!!!

• Premium Member
@n2shotokai -- I see you went full carbon (gripper+carbon for me). Did you install it yourself or have them do it? For mine they installed the saddle and I installed the pillion cover myself (read my previous post about being a bonehead in this thread)
I wishy washied on the finish, so that is what I ended up with. Did front and back myself. My advice to anyone attempting this. I have a heavy duty hand stapler and an electric stapler. Forget it. Go to Harbor Freight and get the $20 air stapler.

• Premium Member

Yeah I tried two different electric staplers to no avail -- they wouldn't drive the staples in far enough. Get you a pneumatic stapler that will drive 1/4" deep T50 staples and you will be good to go. I think I had my compressor set at 90psi

• Premium Member

Just picked up a pneumatic stapler in anticipation of the new seat cover! Cant wait

I never did receive an email with shipping instructions for sending my seats to them. I'm guessing it is just the one on their website...?

Seat Concepts
869 W. 9th St
San Jacinto CA, 92582

• Premium Member
I never did receive an email with shipping instructions for sending my seats to them. I'm guessing it is just the one on their website...? 
Seat Concepts
869 W. 9th St
San Jacinto CA, 92582

That's the correct address.  I had reached out to them when I paid my invoice and they wrote me back.  Here is what they said (emphasis mine): 

Once paid you can send the seats to: Seat Concepts 
869 W 9th St

San Jacinto CA 92582

USPS or UPS is a fine way to send them to us. If you want to keep the stock foam and cover for the front, or the rear cover, you will need to remove them.

Just be sure to write your name on the bottom of your seats.

Please note:  if you are having them install both front and rear, just ship the front pan to them, and the rear pan and foam -- they reuse your existing foam for the rear seat, but use new foam for the front.

I screwed up, misinterpreted their email, and only shipped the two pans to them (without the rear seat foam) -- and wound up having to install the rear cover myself (which turned out quite well)

Archived