The MT-07 Forum

Color code for oem graphite gray

codybby

Hey everyone I picked up my bike yesterday and after the ride home I was inspecting the bike and realized what I thought was sticker residue at first is actually a gash in the plastic from what looks like where a tool hit the tank during the set up. Either way I want to order a new side panel for the tank and upon looking at oem parts I see 3 options for the side panel, all with different codes. I have no idea which one is for the graphite gray or if the code differences are even for the color considering that I selected the graphite gray bike when searching for the parts. Could anyone tell me or send me a link to a right side (when sitting on the bike) tank panel in gray? Thanks in advance.

• Global Moderator

I would take it back to the dealer and see if they will replace it. It should not be delivered with damage. Good luck.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I would take it back to the dealer and see if they will replace it. It should not be delivered with damage. Good luck.
I agree

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 1 month later...

When I got my mine it had a scratch on the cover for the tail light. The dealership tried to buff it out and when they couldn't they replaced it for free. They gave me the option to do it right then and there or when I brought the bike back for some mods to be installed. This particular dealership will not do that once you take the bike home if nothing has been said. Just a heads up other dealers may be like that as well

When I got my mine it had a scratch on the cover for the tail light. The dealership tried to buff it out and when they couldn't they replaced it for free. They gave me the option to do it right then and there or when I brought the bike back for some mods to be installed. This particular dealership will not do that once you take the bike home if nothing has been said. Just a heads up other dealers may be like that as well
It wasn't a huge scratch, it's just big enough to bother me but something they would probably laugh off. Turns out it wasn't caused by them anyhow, I bought a replacement peice and installed it and as I was moving my bike around the garage I noticed a similar gash on my new plastic. After looking at it for a minute I realized it was the handlebar scraping the plastic if you turn it too far. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

After looking at it for a minute I realized it was the handlebar scraping the plastic if you turn it too far. 
Unless you've changed your bars the scratch was caused by the dealer not assembling the bike correctly. Normally bars should not contact the tank at all. This forum is full of stories of new bikes with things put together incorrectly at the dealer. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

I saw the crate being opened for the first time and the only thing not installed was the front wheel and maybe some little misc pieces. So Possibly assembled incorrectly at the factory? My bars contact the tank on both sides.

The handlebar is in a box inside the shipping crate, and the handlebar (along with the front wheel, meter, hooking-up the battery, fork reflectors, mirrors, and handlebar switches) has to be installed before the customer can ride his new bike.

If your bike still has the stock handlebar, see if the punch mark on the handlebar aligns with the top edge of the bottom left-hand bar clamp.
Sounds like your handlebar is rotated too far rearward.

The handlebar is in a box inside the shipping crate, and the handlebar (along with the front wheel, meter, hooking-up the battery, fork reflectors, mirrors, and handlebar switches) has to be installed before the customer can ride his new bike. 
If your bike still has the stock handlebar, see if the punch mark on the handlebar aligns with the top edge of the bottom left-hand bar clamp.
Sounds like your handlebar is rotated too far rearward.
I guess I don't have the best memory then haha, I'll take a look at it the next chance I get.

• Premium Member

My bar does NOT contact the tank... just more assembly data here.

It seems from what I read here that assembly care varies TREMENDOUSLY among dealers. Not that it matters, but bikes hardly have a corner on this phenomena--unfortunately.

Archived