The MT-07 Forum

NorCal Group Ride

kcripe

• Premium Member

If his bike is cutting out when he's got the bike leaned over in a corner and it's not even close to Rossi ability leaning the potential culprit could be a lean angle sensor, kick stand sensor, or clutch sensor...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If his bike is cutting out when he's got the bike leaned over in a corner and it's not even close to Rossi ability leaning the potential culprit could be a lean angle sensor, kick stand sensor, or clutch sensor...
Someone actually mentioned that it might be the LAS, but I was thinking it can't be cuz I wasn't even close to Rossi ability.  LOL.  Ok so now I'm wondering why aren't 95% of all other FZ owners experiencing this.  Anyway, thanks for the tip @norcal616 .  

• Premium Member

Quick easy way to do it is Google R1 LAS disable mod...takes 5 mins and 2 dabs of superglue...as far as why my bike does it in that one spot of road and not anywhere else I ride is accelerating my amount of natural red hair color loss...I'm open to all ideas why, I wish I could Mulder and Scully to figure it out...I have tried to duplicate it...other places I can get both wheels off the ground and it don't miss a beat, other places where the road is bad enough I got ride standing up and it don't miss a beat...even mini apex wheelies don't effect my bike pre- LAS disable mod...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Replaced my LAS which resolved the error code but the display still wouldn't come on. I took my battery to the store to get it load tested and it was perfectly fine showing 14v. Just dropped it off at the shop to get my rectifier / stator checked out.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

If you're in the area, check these roads out.

SigSide.jpg

@jeffkisthename Bonny Doon is one my favorite roads. I got my bike back to 100%. After the shop spent "1.5" hours troubleshooting the electrical system, they found that one of the battery posts was loose. All that crap for such an easy fix. Anyway, I exchanged the battery for a brand new one and I'm on the road again. BTW, my battery was installed on it's side by the factory but after I replaced my stock battery I thought I'd try installing it upright. Well it wasn't a nice a fit as when it was stock so just maybe the wire shifting around broke the battery post loose. So with this new battery I went back to installing it on it's side. It definitely fits nice and snug.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
@jeffkisthename Bonny Doon is one my favorite roads. I got my bike back to 100%. After the shop spent "1.5" hours troubleshooting the electrical system, they found that one of the battery posts was loose. All that crap for such an easy fix. Anyway, I exchanged the battery for a brand new one and I'm on the road again. BTW, my battery was installed on it's side by the factory but after I replaced my stock battery I thought I'd try installing it upright. Well it wasn't a nice a fit as when it was stock so just maybe the wire shifting around broke the battery post loose. So with this new battery I went back to installing it on it's side. It definitely fits nice and snug.
We gotta go to Alice's and do Bonny Doon through the 9. I wish you were there. I didn't call you, because I thought your bike was still in the shop.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

We'll be out of town!!!!! Don't have too much fun without us!

Hope you're all down to ride on the 15th or 16th? Might do the Doc Wong Clinic on the 16th... still waiting to see if the wife wants to do it.

@simbadc650 - Soooo was this the job that made you miss our last ride?!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

We'll be out of town!!!!! Don't have too much fun without us!  
Hope you're all down to ride on the 15th or 16th? Might do the Doc Wong Clinic on the 16th... still waiting to see if the wife wants to do it.

@simbadc650 - Soooo was this the job that made you miss our last ride?!
Ill be doing doc wong 16th as well.  Yep same job, now they are claiming Ive never worked there when other jobs calling about employment authentication.  gonna be a hot mess 

• Premium Member

Ill be doing doc wong 16th as well.  Yep same job, now they are claiming Ive never worked there when other jobs calling about employment authentication.  gonna be a hot mess 

Oh my.... I hope you get it all sorted.  
Wife said she's down, so we've signed up for the  Doc Wong clinic on the 16th! So see you there!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@simbadc650 @jchin3081 @Cruzian3 @booboobusfz07 you folks still down?

SigSide.jpg

If anyone is interested I'll be doing a track day through funtrackdayz.com at thunder hill raceway in willows this Sunday. I believe they still have spots open. It would be great to see other fz's out there!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Alright!

Here it is.

Meet tomorrow, Saturday, October 8, 2016 at:

Mitsuwa Marketplace
675 Saratoga Ave.
San Jose, CA 95129

Capture.png

Meet up time will be 9:00 AM and we'll kick start the ride at 9:30 AM.

Guaranteed to ride:

- @JEFFKISTHENAME
- @cruzian3

SigSide.jpg

Sup Jeff,
Sorry, just saw the replies on the thread. Have to wait for my wife to come back home from the gym. She didn't bring her keys. She left a little while ago, so hopefully she won't be too long

gonna have to skip, heading to the DNA lounge for the AB 51 event

Did you end up going to DNA? I rode by there just to check out the attendance and saw a bunch of bikes. I didn't really feel like going inside though. I just wanted to ride around so I took a cruise there.

gonna have to skip, heading to the DNA lounge for the AB 51 event
Did you end up going to DNA? I rode by there just to check out the attendance and saw a bunch of bikes. I didn't really feel like going inside though. I just wanted to ride around so I took a cruise there.
yes i attended but the mechanic wanted to go, so drove up with the prius. Gonna do doc wong on the 16th?  Mechanic will be there for the class then ill ride out from there.  Trying to register him for the training class sum time next month! so hopefully he will ride with me soon even on a crappy 250or 300, or give him the fz and get me a africa twin. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@cruzian3 leading.

We went to Alice's had brunch, and the roads were a bit crowded, so we headed to Mt. Hamilton (Mines RD) and hung out there.

SigSide.jpg

Archived