The MT-07 Forum

Crank case cover and stator bolts torque specs?

bryanfz

Hi all!

I cracked my crankcase cover and I am in the process of replacing it. Anyone with a service manual have torque specs for:

-Bolts around crank case cover as well as the plug in the middle?
-Bolts that hold stator in?
Parts 2,4,8,9
Parts 3 and 4

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome bryanfz! A few of us have the service manual, hopefully they will give you an answer soon. Don't leave us hanging, how did you crack your crankcase cover?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Haha I knew it was coming! I had a low speed low side ~15mph around a corner that had some gravel. Thankfully, I personally was not hurt only a minor scratch on my knee and my pride was a little bruised. The damage to the fz wasn't too bad either. Cracked crankcase cover, obviously, a bent shifter, bottom of the kickstand was bent, slightly bent handlebars, bent clutch lever, and a few cosmetic scratches on the left side.

Guest unknown

I just checked my FZ-09 manual and the crankcase cover bolts are 8.7 ft/lbs I imagine they would be the same but it's a starting point. I'm looking in to getting the 07 manual now.

• Premium Member

This should do it?

[attachment id=162" thumbnail="1]

I just checked my FZ-09 manual and the crankcase cover bolts are 8.7 ft/lbs I imagine they would be the same but it's a starting point. I'm looking in to getting the 07 manual now.
Thanks. I was also looking around and found an r6 service manual that said their stator cover bolts were also torqued to 8.7 ft/lbs so I imagine its a Yamaha standard torque spec. It also said the stator bolts were torqued to 7.2 ft/lbs. I'm going to torque it to these specs if the fz 07 manual has different specs I can always torque the stator bolts again on my next oil change.

This should do it? 

Oh Thanks @grahamfz07! I was writing back to @unknown so I didn't see that. Well that takes all the guess work out!

• 3 months later...

does anyone know where i can find just the crank case cover. yamaha is trying to sell me the whole bottom assembly for $1500. cant afford that just yet. picked up debris off the highway and punched a 1/4 inch hole in side of crank case. anyone know of any thing.

• Premium Member

I looked up YAMAHA oem parts...went to first website and found that the left crank case cover is $65

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@cleeds forum members have used these online sites to order genuine Yamaha parts for their fz-07's, since they have better prices:
www.yamahapartshouse.com
www.partspak.com

• Premium Member

The Yamaha partswarehouse.com is my local dealership ...it's Babbits parts website...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

hi, and is there any additional work than just removing exhaust to take off the lower crank case cover and crank case cover bolts.

so the oil pan directly underneath the bike with the oil drain plug is called the crank case cover in the yamaha parts house right cause when i look it up it shows me the crank case cover for the side. of the bike opposite the stator cover. i need "oil pan" but dont know correct name it is listed under. thanks for any help.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@cleeds when I went to look it up on the yamahapartshouse.com website, the oil pan is found within the "Oil Cleaner" parts diagram for the FZ-07.  Here is a link.  It appears they list the oil pan as the "Strainer Cover Assembly" in the diagram's parts list.  However, in the FZ-07 service manual, the oil pan is listed as the oil pan. 
Here is a picture from the service manual for the oil pan:[attachment id=787" thumbnail="1]  
You may want to create a different thread for this issue and get a moderator to move all the entries from July & August 2015 to this new thread. Someone else may benefit from this info in the future, but may not find it within this thread topic.

yes very true i will work on moving all posts related over to a new thread. kind of a headache that part was to find. much appreciated.

Archived