The MT-07 Forum

Helmet LED's

Beemer

I have a vent on the back on my helmet I'm really looking for an led that I can tuck away into those vents

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I see your LEDs and raise you Electroluminescence!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I see your LEDs and raise you Electroluminescence!
Those look real nice, cooler looking than the LED's but they aren't as bright as the LED's. I've seen bicycle helmets like that and they aren't very bright.

Beemer

• Premium Member

@acenturion tried em out, and had good things to report. I kind of forgot I wanted a pair.. thanks for reminding me. lol

Ok so the Lumenflex arrived today and I mounted it to my Bell Vortex Helmet. First I ordered the product two days ago and it already arrived. It was packaged very well came with easy to understand directions. It suggest that you wipe helmet down with alcohol in order for tapes to adhere. The company included the alcohol wipe. :) Something that I absolutely LOVE is they make sure you know it was made in the good ol USA which tends to be not very common anymore.  
Ok so simple to put on (if you can apply a decal your good) I went with the battery pack model which the battery comes in a nice black ballistic nylon case equipped with a solid metal belt clip. All cords switches are nicely done with the switch having positive engagement. Now the lights BRIGHT BRIGHT INSANLY BRIGHT!! You will be seen on the road and perhaps even from space :) I am going to try to upload some pics. All photos were shot in the back patio with only a bit of interior light for the most part it was black and shot with no flash. I also included a photo from approximately 80 feet away you cant make out the helmet per se but you can definitely see the lights. It was a bit expensive at around $80 but considering its quality and made here I think it is a pretty good buy for someone who wants to be seen on the road or perhaps from Mars :) Id also add that I mounted the lights similar to how they had it on the Lumenflex web site, even as bright as they are the way they are mounted I had ZERO residual light bleeding through so it will not affect your vision.

Ride safe
AC
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0227_zpsa1b15ea7.jpg
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0229_zps092c1216.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/acenturian1/CIMG0231_zpsc1727588.jpg

Everything went braap.

Hobbs I thought about that at one time as well, thanks for posting that again.
they are bright....hmmmm.....let me wait to install my LED headlight arriving next week first....then.....

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine on since last season... can't wait to turn them on when i get the chance for a night ride

IMG_20141102_041524_zpshdg12obf.jpg

Archived