The MT-07 Forum

Cage tries to destroy FZ-07 (clickbait lol)

Guest sportyeight

Guest sportyeight

Wide angle lens makes it look not so bad, but the cage is clearly halfway through the FZ-07's lane as it goes through the intersection.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had any close calls with cars yet, but I only have 118 miles on my bike!

I watched some of your youtube videos and boy that CAT truck sure looks nice! Don't see many Cat trucks.

• 3 weeks later...

considering you were going through an intersection, with an oncoming car turning, ya think your speed was a tad high. you need to predict this shit so you don't get killed . just my 2c worth, BTW...glad u missed him

• Premium Member

Like everyone says assume the cars don't see you because they don't. I swerve in my lane all the time just for this reason and it helps. Always have an out.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

ya think your speed was a tad high.
Yeah I guess I was only about 5 under on this road.
don't get the wrong idea...I was just pointing out that a situation like the one you experienced is VERY common, A car approaching in the opposite direction in the L turn lane is potentially a bad situation, I always reduce speed to well below the posted limit and have 2 fingers on the brake just in case, NEVER assume the car driver sees you. NEVER 

Seriously, for your safety you should get in the habit of slowing down a little at intersections where one car may be blocking your view of another, when a good number of cars are present and especially when you actually see one wanting to cross your path. You can always get back up to speed real quick after it's clear. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
Seriously, for your safety you should get in the habit of slowing down a little at intersections where one car may be blocking your view of another, when a good number of cars are present and especially when you actually see one wanting to cross your path. You can always get back up to speed real quick after it's clear. 
Yep, and gear down and cover the brake

Guest sportyeight
don't get the wrong idea...I was just pointing out that a situation like the one you experienced is VERY common, A car approaching in the opposite direction in the L turn lane is potentially a bad situation, I always reduce speed to well below the posted limit and have 2 fingers on the brake just in case, NEVER assume the car driver sees you. NEVER
Nope, sorry I see how my comment could sound, but that was not intended. ;)

What the wide angle hides:

As I was braking into the interection, dude made eye contact with me and stopped (or slowed significantly appearing to stop). At the point I let off the brakes to continue, driver did same. This happened well past the point of no return. If I had braked again it was close enough I probably would have locked them up and low sided right under him. That's when I hit the throttle instead to try to beat him through. My next planned out was the empty sidewalk to the right and I would have swerved harder to get it if I needed too.

No offence taken. BUT just because U made eye contact with him u assume he made eye contact with you.....NEVER ASSUME !.... I don't mean to sound like a teacher  or what ever but I have been doing this for over 40 yrs... 35 yrs ago I ASSUMED the guy in the oncoming turn lane saw me.... I parked my CBX into the side of his van doing 40 . nuf said (:
BTW u did the right thing brake, gas, get the #$%^# out a there

Archived