The MT-07 Forum

almost died today

gtmn

• Premium Member

Glad you and wifey are ok. Having a passenger is whole 'notha level when it comes to close calls like that.

It's all good to vent. I usually YELL in my helmet after those happen. And it's why I have a cam on me every time I ride.

Half the time these people think it's MY fault I'm IN MY LANE. SMH.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

and here I just thought you guys would just think im angry
and for the record I tried dirt got a ktm and suzi 250 4 strokes and trailer
in candy ass mn you have to go like 2 hrs out of the cities to  get trails and there are only like 6 unless you go way up north you cant ride on 4 wheeler trails because people like me and my wife on 4stroke 250S  tear up the trails NOT ALL THE DRUNK GUYS ON THE BIG 4 WHEELERS nope its me and my wife

I'm lucky and live in Idaho. Downtown Boise has trails off 8th street that can connect you 150 miles away in the rockies. Crazy good riding here. Fill up gas tank, throw a MSR bottle of fuel in the backpack along with some beers and hotdogs, ride until you find a pristine mountain stream with snow covered mountains as a backdrop in the middle of July. Toss down a sleeping bag, put the beers in the cold stream and lite up a big fat, ....cigarette, cough cough and man, that's what I call riding!!

• Premium Member
Good to hear you are both OK. Now repeat after me: goosfraba...
Funny I do say goosfraba here and there and it works  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Close call and that's why I stay off the hi-ways ... at that speed, if something goes wrong ...

I too have come to the conclusion that the IQ of the population is on a downward trend. Morons everywhere that have absolutely NO clue.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

dude, if I lived near where I could ride anytime I would not work and that makes it tough to pay for those type of toys I would be fricken broke and my wife doesn't make that much  we loved riding dirt but it was just way to big a pain in the ass to get all the gear there
im really just jealous

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

A woman pulled out in front of me a few years ago. I almost slammed into her. Luckily she wasn't brain dead and stood on her skinny pedal. If she hadn't put space between us I was going to hit her hard.

I learned a very valuable lesson: emergency braking is the worst thing to practice. Think of it this way: if the best stopping distance you could possibly muster is 50ft at a given speed but someone jumps in front of you giving you only 25ft: the best you can hope for is plowing into thier vehicle at half your original speed. That's if you don't panic and lay in the brakes perfectly. But you're going to panic and your going to skid and you will slam into that idiot carrying a lot of speed.

Know how to steer your bike. Push the inside bar. If you can get on a track and safely go fast around a corner you'll build that muscle-memory to the point that you instinctively know to push that inside bar like you mean to break it. It's always better to go around an obstacle and scrub off your speed when doing so is safe. Emergency braking is a good thing to know but it only works in ideal collision scenarios. If such a thing exists.

The woman had her window rolled down at the next stop light and was appologizing before I was even stopped. I said "it's ok. I really hate you right now but nobody got hurt and that's all that matters. When the adrenaline stops flowing I won't hate you any more so don't worry about it' and go have a good weekend".

Keep your head on a swivel and keep training for your big accident.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived