The MT-07 Forum

almost died today

gtmn

gonna vent but not to bad

so take wife for a ride today after work
riding down the highway guy pulls out right in front of me into my  left lane could have pulled into the right but nope into my lane im doing 55 miles an hr so we test the brake system on the 7 huh that worked great but still almost died
so this is where I get pissed off pull up next to the guy and he wont look over and admit he was wrong f---ing pr--k if you almost kill me at least apologize for doing so half of the problem with this entire country is no one has to admit fault for any of there actions in America you can do whatever you want and have no  consequences for what you have done if he would have rolled his window down he would have got yelled at so fricken what take it like a man you f-ed up
please tell all the people around you to fess up when you mess up its not that big a deal to be wrong if you dont and blame everyone else your no different then the rest of the country
people can do what ever they want on the road and people are dying because of it if we a motorcyclists talk about it with people we know, some day it will likely spread if not we should be able to pull them out of there cars and take there keys and start there cars on fire so the can not drive
that or im gonna start a stupid f-er website and take pics of people and lic plates and start putting them on the internet
holly frick im pissed off  you all know cause you all have been there so this isn't new and I could go on for ever but I wont k breathe now
best I have heard is dress for when you crash not if you crash,  cause it will happen yup I have been over the hood of a car at 60 not a great deal.  I was really lucky that time and don't need another
done

I can't even count how many times people almost pull out in front of me or merge into my lane and then look at me like it's all my fault and they have no idea what's going on when I show them my middle finger.

However, I have noticed that I get significantly less pissed at people than I once did because idiots are quite literally a daily occurrence. I'm always having to tell myself that I need to basically be one with the bike so that I don't die. That's why I take the safety courses and practice all of the emergency action stuff often. Also ATGATT.

• Premium Member

Glad you're alright and held it together well enough. I might not have had the restraint.

I know there's at least one vehicle out there without a passenger mirror for being a twit.

The anonymity of a vehicle does strange things to people.

Everything went braap.

I guess there is some luck and preparation involved
im 48 yrs old been riding on the street since 16
so I have learned some anticipation over the years
and I just knew he was gonna do it
I was well prepped and it still happened very fast
ive had a lot of years thinking the other guy was going to kill me and what to do when he tries

please please be careful out there. they don't care that you are there

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Wouldn't it be nice if our bikes came equipped with flame throwers?

I'm glad you and your wife are ok. Now you know you can brake hard if you need to.

When cagers do that to me they get a lecture at the next light, I tell them to "look twice for motorcycles" if I'm in a good mood or %#@#! if I'm pissed off.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
phicurious86

So glad you and the wife are ok. It's bad enough when someone pulls out in front of me, but when I've got a passenger on the back it's an entirely different story. If some jack^ss caused an accident with my girl on the bike, then he/she had better hope that I'm dead.

You need a helmet cam.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
thanks to all sorry I vented I reread it and it almost doesn't make sense I was all fired up
No worries, man.  I think we could all tell you had a little adrenaline going.

Good to hear you and your wife are ok.  I agree with the helmet cam, seems like its our only witness nowadays.  I've had my close encounters too and you're right, they never admit fault...well one guy in a BMW did slow down and mouthed sorry on one encounter.

cherenkovblu3

man, glad you're ok. This has me wanting to go out to a nice long deserted road and practice some emergency braking

• Premium Member

Man... I had a near miss this morning when this dude decided to shoot from the far right lane over 2 lanes of congested freeway traffic into the outside lane where I was posted.

I swerved hard and pinned the throttle, getting out of the way. He noticed at the last second and pulled back as well.

Motorists....

images_2.jpg

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Saturday my group changed freeways to the right. A guy on the left in a van went over the divider and cut between me and my buddy in front of me ...... I have come to the conclusion people are idiots. It's not personal, they are just stupid and should not be driving any vehicle. Glad you are okay.

There have been numerous times when I had to kick doors to let cagers know I'm in the lane they're trying to merge in to. They don't bother turning their heads to look. They just assume that we'll get out of there way. They say it's hard to see a bike but I say it's hard to see a bike if you don't turn your head to freakin look!

Never assume the other drivers know you are there and that they will do something stupid. Know your escape route before you need it. One of the great things about bikes is that the maneuverability and small size can allow us to avoid situations that a car cannot.

I saw a post on here that said, "Ride like you are invisible, and when you think they see you, ride like you are invisible"

• Premium Member

I wish police would ticket people for doing this type of crap, but oh no, let's wait until someone gets killed..what a way to see things..Glad you are okay though

• Premium Member
I wish police would ticket people for doing this type of crap, but oh no, let's wait until someone gets killed..what a way to see things..Glad you are okay though

It's total bollocks! I got pulled over last week for doing "85", when I was just getting out of a crush zone where 3 cars kept weaving in and out of traffic. I knew they were gonna take my space so I got out of the pack.

And then got promptly pulled over. Meanwhile the people actually creating danger jet off into the sunset.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
One of these days I'm gonna switch back to dirt riding only. The freaking idiots in cars are taking the fun out of street riding and trail riding is more fun anyways.
On a zero FX silently flying through the same trails used by the mountain bikers.  ;)

Hells yeah. I;m test riding one on May 2nd during Zero Demo days in Boise. They got that new hot swapable battery that can be changed in 30 seconds. Toss the spare battery in the truck and ride back when juice gets low, change battery and take of riding again.

No gas, no oil, no valves to adjust, no clutch, no gears, no chain to phuck with. And those Zero's freakin rip!

Archived