Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Welcome to our new Supporting Vendor, Cyclops !

zadori
I'm currently looking into this. And not sure if I should get the 3800 or 7000 version, I don't want to have the feeling of running on High's all the time

DewMan
I'm currently looking into this. And not sure if I should get the 3800 or 7000 version, I don't want to have the feeling of running on High's all the time
Of course the decision is yours but I've never said to myself "Gee, I wish I could see less of the road ahead of me in the dark.". But that's me. :) 
  • Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

sorkyah
Just ordered three of the 7k bulbs....
Hope that i dont blind too many people

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Duke
Get the 7000 lumen version because it's brighter and you can always adjust the headlight up and down so it doesn't seem like high beams.

You do you and I'll do me.

Mr.Puss
Just replaced the birthday candle in my wife's '09 Gladius with a 3800, what a difference, the perfect upgrade! Ive paired it with 4 fork mounted Denali dm micro led pods (exact same setup as my FZ). All 5 of these blazing will burn out your retinas. I'm sure the 7000 is fantastic but IMO it would be overkill for this configuration. Thanks again for a fantastic light option.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

thedriver1

I just purchased the 7000 lumen version from the Cyclops website. Does this style still require spacers? None came in the box.

rsz_20170925_180527.jpg

• Like 1

thedriver1

So for anyone searching: I called Cyclops and they confirmed that with the updated design, no spacers are required for installation with the FZ-07.

They said the spacers are currently only suggested for the BMW 650 single-cylinder and KTM Superduke.

rweakley

How's the 7000 lumen?  I'm about to do this upgrade, because my winter commutes are almost exclusively in the dark.  Is the 7000 overkill?  I don't want drivers fixating on me and indadvertently steering towards me.

N/M...just saw Duke's reply.

Edited by rweakley

DewMan

I've got the 7000 lumen. I don't consider it overkill at all. But I also know others that are more than happy with the 3800 Lumen version.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

digitalsteve

I've got the 3800 lumen and I'm less than impressed... I've tried re-aiming it and everything and it's like it doesn't fill the reflector properly.

I'm going to order a 7000 lumen after xmas and see how that goes.

mecmar44
On 9/29/2017 at 11:23 AM, thedriver1 said:

So for anyone searching: I called Cyclops and they confirmed that with the updated design, no spacers are required for installation with the FZ-07.

They said the spacers are currently only suggested for the BMW 650 single-cylinder and KTM Superduke.

I just bought the 3800 version a couple months ago and tried it without spacers and I almost put the stock light back in.  I have since added spacers and can live with the output but I may look for a better upgrade in the future.

Edited by mecmar44

Thrasherg

my wife has the 7000lm in her FZ07 and is very happy with it. Have no experience with the 3800lm bulb, but would recommend the 7000lm, waiting to see how long it lasts as I have heard rumors of less than stellar lifetime (less than a year).

Gary

• Like 1

thedriver1
On 12/13/2017 at 7:16 AM, mecmar44 said:

I just bought the 3800 version a couple months ago and tried it without spacers and I almost put the stock light back in.  I have since added spacers and can live with the output but I may look for a better upgrade in the future.

Have you tried adjusting the aim of the light? I had to aim the assembly up a little bit to match the output height of the stock bulb.

mecmar44
18 hours ago, thedriver1 said:

Have you tried adjusting the aim of the light? I had to aim the assembly up a little bit to match the output height of the stock bulb.

I haven't adjusted the light because I didn't want to have the highbeam pointed at the sky (exaggerating a bit).  

thedriver1
3 hours ago, mecmar44 said:

I haven't adjusted the light because I didn't want to have the highbeam pointed at the sky (exaggerating a bit).  

I measured the height of the beams and they dropped a few inches after installing the LEDs. Refocusing them should bring them back to approximately where the original bulb was pointing (which I think may be pretty low from the factory anyways). 

If you'd like to try, there's one bolt on the back of the headlight that you can turn to adjust the assembly up and down, easy enough to change and reset back to factory if you are unhappy.

valvestem
On 4/14/2015 at 2:36 PM, so1102 said:

I will attest -- easily the best $65 I've spent on the bike so far. Installation was a breeze and it lights up the night like nobody's business (heh that makes me sound 80). I got the 3800 lumen H4 kit.

80 ,, whats wrong about that.. I'm 83

Just kidding you.. ride safe.

valvestem

heartofperformance

I wonder how much the shipping cost is to Malaysia :/

Beemer

This light has imperfections but it does what it's suppose to do, light up the road and it kicks the stock lights ass. High beam pointing too high? Adjust it! Dark spots, bfd! Even in bright sunlight when I stand far away from it, it looks bright like a freight trains light. I don't understand how people aren't pleased with this light, at least when comparing it to the stock bulb.

Beemer

Zephyr

I have the 7000 lumen version and the wife said that it's almost too bright for oncoming cars when the high beam is on, daylight hours.  That being said I generally ride with high beam on all the time during daylight and mostly at night, although in the city limits I'll put it on low beam.  Never had anyone flash me, so I guess things are good and I'm more than pleased with the light thus far.  For what it's worth, I've had the light in for a year now with zero issues.

aiian

Do you offer LED’s to replace the parking lights?

if so, do you know which size is needed for the two lights in the new MT07? 

Beemer
On 5/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, aiian said:

Do you offer LED’s to replace the parking lights?

if so, do you know which size is needed for the two lights in the new MT07? 

You talking about these parking lights? I bought a batch of them in green but there are other colors and they're dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYO1E9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Beemer

aiian

^ The lights in the headlight assembly that come on before you start the bike. I’d guess they’re called parking lights?

The FZ07 assembly only had one bulb in the middle but the MT has two on either side. 

I’m just curious what type of bulbs they are as I haven’t opened it up yet. 

afatrat

Yea, it's those little wedge bulbs (T10/194/168). I've got this little guy and it's pretty damn bright. Sold at a lot of local auto parts stores.

Silvania LED.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1tondriver

Just got mine delivered today. Thanks and looking forward to seeing and being seen!