The MT-07 Forum

Getting back to 2 wheels

mtech

I sold my Harley over 10 years ago when I had my kiddo, knowing that I wouldn't have much time to ride, but I've been wanting to get a bike now for a few years and yesterday I made it happen, thanks in part to youtube reviews and this forum. My FZ-07 goes home with me today and thankfully it's going to be 80 degrees here with no snow in the forecast until later this week!
I learned to ride around 1990 on a 1979 H-D XLH 1000 with drag bars and no windshield. Rode that thing all over several Midwest states before buying a new H-D in 1993. Rode it to the 95th anniversary in Milwaukee as well as several HOG state events, winning a few skills course trophies along the way.  During the rally, I'd ride whatever I could.  My favorite H-D to ride was a Road King, but the Buell demo rides were what really got me.
I grew up in Sturgis, so riding is a very common thing around here, although being a woman rider seemed to be a little unique back then.  Now of course it's very common to see a gal on a bike. But on a sport bike? A few.
I'm excited to put in a heavy riding season this summer and make up for lost time!  Maybe make a few modifications like bar-end mirrors and clean up the tail to be more naked, find a tail bag to put my phone and lip gloss in :)  And I'll have to put up another post to get some feedback on where to get some badass gear like jackets, gloves, shoes because my old gear is all wrong now.  Girls may pick their bike color first and want to look good, but this one did her homework and knows that she picked out a kickass ride!

• Global Moderator

Welcome. You picked a great bike, you will love it. Let us know how the mods go and please post photos along the way.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome mtech! Nice to have another lady rider on the forum! You picked the fastest color, vote here! This bike will handle so much different than the Harleys you used to ride.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey @mtech, great to have you on board. Excellent bike choice, what can I say   ;)

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Just a reminder it's ok to wear cruser gear on an FZ(ATGATT).

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome back to 2 wheels!  Enjoy your new ride, you won't be disappointed.

Welcome and hope you like your bike. Yes, red is in the lead for the 'fastest color' but everyone that took science knows that a white flame is hotter than a red one.  ;) Ka-chow!

Beemer

• Premium Member
Welcome and hope you like your bike. Yes, red is in the lead for the 'fastest color' but everyone that took science knows that a white flame is hotter than a red one.  ;) Ka-chow!

If your bike is on fire, something ain't right!

Welcome to the forums @mtech. I wear a kind of cruiser like jacket (Fox Creek leather).. and really it looks awesome. So don't discount cruiser gear entirely. (Except for half lids, better suited as an ashtray.)

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Ever heard of the doppler effect, specifically the red shift? Ka-chow! 

• Premium Member

Bah -- red is in the lead in that poll simply because of @hippiebikerchick and her shameless plugging :)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Bah -- red is in the lead in that poll simply because of @hippiebikerchick and her shameless plugging :)
Hey, anybody can read it and vote!

Ever heard of the doppler effect, specifically the red shift? Ka-chow! 

Jeez! I was kidding .... no need to go all Doppler on me....  B-|

Beemer

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Hey, anybody can read it and vote!
I'm trying to fix that...

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• 1 month later...
1499685_10203991248051972_8547616735381177818_n.jpg
I got my tail tidy kit from rotaryryan24 and got that ugly fender off last Saturday. My bike looks great now! Also added a RAM mount on the left bar for my phone and the expandable tail bag from FastPack.

http://fz07.org/thread/512/install-tail-tidy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FastPack-Tail-Bag-Yamaha-FZ-07-FZ-08-Honda-CBR-Ninja-Suzuki-SV-GSXR-/201146776643?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AYamaha&hash=item2ed5483c43&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true

Archived