The MT-07 Forum

Six different FZ07 models?

yamabob

Shopping for the service manual I found link six different model names. I am in NJ and have a FZ07-FGY. Does anyone know what the FCGY, FCR, FCW, FGY, FR, AND FW suffixes indicate. It seems strange if the manuals are different for all these subgroups. I hope it arrives in English! At $97. it better be.

missourifz07

Just a guess but c may be for California compliant and the other letters for the colors...

• Global Moderator

In Canada the model name is FZ07FW. As far as I can tell the only difference between US and Canada is color, decals and dash. You guys get the blue frame, we don't. Here everything needs to be double labeled (in French and English). Our dash shows kilometers.

The Euro MT has distinctions as well. They have the ABS as an option and the UK bikes have a switchable dash (km/miles). The indicators are also different. Even the bulbs in the indicators are 10W opposed to our 21W. North America has DRL's. Euro keys have anti theft transponders, which we don't get. I guess that every market has their tiny differences, probably mostly related to wiring and electronics.

I'm in California. I have an fz07fc. I can switch between mph and kph, not sure if I can switch gas mileage though.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

• Global Moderator

I read in the UK manual that it was possible to switch but the was no mention of it in the manual that came with my bike. I tried the UK way (just for sh!ts and giggles) but my dash didn't respond so I figured that it wasn't possible. So how do you switch it with your bike? It might come in handy when I cross the border.

I have a fz07FR. It's red and it's in NH. USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRokay Raggie

I read in the UK manual that it was possible to switch but the was no mention of it in the manual that came with my bike. I tried the UK way (just for sh!ts and giggles) but my dash didn't respond so I figured that it wasn't possible. So how do you switch it with your bike? It might come in handy when I cross the border.
I tried messing with it today but couldn't figure it out, lol, I'll try again tomorrow.

15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

Scroll to the "odo" screen and press and hold the left button, miles will change to km and mph to kph.

15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

• Global Moderator
Scroll to the "odo" screen and press and hold the left button, miles will change to km and mph to kph.
Not on my bike. :'(

• 1 month later...
Just a guess but c may be for California compliant and the other letters for the colors...
This is correct. Mine is FZ07FR.
FZ07 = model designation.F = 2015 model year Yamaha motorcycle.R = red color.
So, that's FZ07, 2015 model year, color red.
The other letters are the color options:FZ07FGY = FZ07, 2015 model year, color gray.FZ07FW = FZ07, 2015 model year, color white.
If mine were a California model, it would have a C in there:FZ07FCR = FZ07, 2015 model year, California-compliant model, color red.
My question has always been:Why confuse the issue when all of these bikes end up with a Service Manual with the same part number, anyway?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Not a service manual but my owners manual for my California red says FZ07F and FZ07FC.
Cabernet or Pinot Noir?  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 11 months later...
Worked for me when I got my bike.

Beemer

• Premium Member
In terms of appearance or frame-work, is there any difference in the California compliant model that anyone knows of?

As far as I can tell, the emissions vapor canister is the only difference.

Everything went braap.

• 2 weeks later...
In terms of appearance or frame-work, is there any difference in the California compliant model that anyone knows of?
As far as I can tell, the emissions vapor canister is the only difference.
Thanks. We figured out that the added canister causes a fitment issue with the Hepco & Becker engine guards. 

Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

• 11 months later...
Guest ChicagoAJ
I have a 2015 FZ Liquid Graphite and my owners manual says FZ07F and FZ07FC. What's up with that? Does that mean mine is a California model? 
Also, anyone know the code for the liquid graphite? I would like to order some color coordinating parts from yamahapartshouse.com but I don't know the code.
2015 Models 
California Models:

FZ07 (FZ07FCGY) CA - Graphite
FZ07 (FZ07FCR) CA - Red
FZ07 (FZ07FCW) CA - White

Regular Models:

FZ07 (FZ07FGY) - Graphite
FZ07 (FZ07FR) - Red
FZ07 (FZ07FW) - White

[b style=color:rgb(230, 41, 25)]

2016 Models[/b]

California Models:

FZ07 (FZ07GCB) CA - Raven/Black
FZ07 (FZ07GCGY) CA - Gray/Yellow
FZ07 (FZ07GCS) CA - Matte Silver/Blurple
FZ07 (FZ07GCY) CA - No idea

Regular Models:

FZ07 (FZ07GGY) - Gray/Yellow
FZ07 (FZ07GB) - Raven/Black
FZ07 (FZ07GS) - Matte Silver/Blurple

• Global Moderator
I have a 2015 FZ Liquid Graphite and my owners manual says FZ07F and FZ07FC. What's up with that? Does that mean mine is a California model?
All the US owners manuals say FZ07F and FZ07FC on them.  That way they do not have to make two manuals.  California specific model info is noted as such.  Unless your bike was first delivered in California you have the regular model. 

Archived