The MT-07 Forum

10% off and free shipping on MIVV exhaust.

paulibiker

I love how MIVV said just screw it, we're putting the can where it belongs and getting a bunch more runner length too.
Surprised nobody wants to pull a Buell/KTM and put a big box under the engine. Would perform a lot better than these shorties with cans sticking out at silly angles.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member

Sorry, but to me that exhaust just looks way out of place (fugly?) on our bikes. I guess if there was a real performance advantage, but is there? What's the comparable HP gain from that vs Akra, or Graves?

Why can't left turners see us?

twins absolutely MUST have volume. None of the 'cute' solutions have headers near long enough (except Akra's loop). Graves used big diameter tubes (slows down the charge) and just slapped one of their normal length cans on the end. That looks even worse IMO. I'm a traditionalist, cans belong in the tail or on the side. If you want to do under, then the Buell/KTM way is how to do it. I blame the fashion designer who did that R6 some years ago that started this nonsense.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

twins absolutely MUST have volume. None of the 'cute' solutions have headers near long enough (except Akra's loop). Graves used big diameter tubes (slows down the charge) and just slapped one of their normal length cans on the end. That looks even worse IMO. I'm a traditionalist, cans belong in the tail or on the side. If you want to do under, then the Buell/KTM way is how to do it. I blame the fashion designer who did that R6 some years ago that started this nonsense.
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/riverfox3/Motorcycles/20141220_160548_zpsedc94ce4.jpg Maybe that is why I can feel a noticeable difference in low end "grunt" or torque as compared to the stock exhaust. With the MIVV GThigh mount and the EJK I could pull the front wheel off the ground at just 4,00rpm using only the throttle where before it was either use the clutch or lean forward and pull back hard as I "whacked open" the throttle.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/riverfox3/Motorcycles/20141220_160548_zpsedc94ce4.jpg Maybe that is why I can feel a noticeable difference in low end "grunt" or torque as compared to the stock exhaust. With the MIVV GThigh mount and the EJK I could pull the front wheel off the ground at just 4,00rpm using only the throttle where before it was either use the clutch or lean forward and pull back hard as I "whacked open" the throttle.
That's the system I thought about going with. Does EJK have settings specific to that system? Does the EJK hurt your fuel mileage? 

That's the system I thought about going with. Does EJK have settings specific to that system? Does the EJK hurt your fuel mileage?
paulibiker, EJK has settings that they provided that they said should be really close. I used those settings and they seemed spot on. I also unplugged and took out my O2 sensor using their figures. Great response and performance but my mileage dropped by about 6-7 miles per gallon. I spoke with EJK and found that I could reinstall my O2 sensor and change last adjustment settings from 2 to about 4 and my mileage has gone back up and I seem to be losing only about 2 MPG. Just did it though so I don't have really good figures as of yet. I still have enough torque to loft the front wheel with only throttle at 4,000rpm. So to answer your question, mileage has been reduced slightly but the fun factor offset it.

• Premium Member
"twins absolutely MUST have volume."
I appreciate that you like loud pipes, and that's a whole other argument that's been done to death, so I don't want to get into it here. But, do you have any evidence that the "out the back" configuration achieves higher volume or more power?  If so, please eblaoborate... it might be worth the tradeoff for the horrible look. :)

Sorry, volume is talking about the capacity (cubic centemeters) available in the headers and can. Nothing at all to do with decibels.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
Sorry, volume is talking about the capacity (cubic centemeters) available in the headers and can. Nothing at all to do with decibels.
Oh yea... Sorry, my misinterpretation. :) 

"twins absolutely MUST have volume."
I appreciate that you like loud pipes, and that's a whole other argument that's been done to death, so I don't want to get into it here. But, do you have any evidence that the "out the back" configuration achieves higher volume or more power?  If so, please eblaoborate... it might be worth the tradeoff for the horrible look. :)

Doesn't look as horrible as the ugly "blurple" frames and wheels on the graphite bikes IMO. :P Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...................  

• Premium Member

Doesn't look as horrible as the ugly "blurple" frames and wheels on the graphite bikes IMO. :P Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...................  

You've got a point there!  I own the ugly "burple" frame, so by the time you get my FZ and my ugly mug together, it's truly horrifying. Thanks God for full-face helmets and dark tint shields. 8p

We still have not tested this exhaust with the EJK.
If someone wants a MIVV exhaust and is willing to let us use it for R&D, we will have special pricing available.

Send me a PM if interested!

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Archived