The MT-07 Forum

Bags

mils86

I recently decided I want to go with a Kriega US20 tail bag. http://www.kriega.us/us20-motorcycle-bag-luggage/

I've done a lot of research and Kriega stands out at the top of the pack in my opinion. Key selling points for me are the ability to add additional packs with their interlocking system and the dry-pack feature.

I've also been looking at backpacks and have also decided on a Kreiga backpack. They get amazing reviews.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I have a Kreiga US10 tail bag right now, will be getting a Kriega US30 drybag for longer trips. I also have a Givi XS307 tanklock for a tankbag.

If you get a Givi tanklock you will also need a Givi BF21 flange to mount it on the tank.

I have a Kreiga US10 tail bag right now, will be getting a Kriega US30 drybag for longer trips. I also have a Givi XS307 tanklock for a tankbag.  
If you get a Givi tanklock you will also need a Givi BF21 flange to mount it on the tank.

What are your thoughts on the US10?  I was debating between the US10 and the US20.  I like the smaller size of the US10, but felt like the US20 would be more useful.  I'll probably end up with both sooner or later, just curious what your thoughts are.  

I've got the Kriega US20 and US30. I use the 20 to stack on trips, and the two have a huge amount of room together. On my daily commutes, I use the US30 which can hold my lunch box (2 meals), about 4 bottles of water, a book, shoes, my sweater, and some gym cloths. If you were to just bring your lunch box and water, you could easily just go with the US20. The pack are crazy easy to attach to the bike and each other.

What are your thoughts on the US10?  I was debating between the US10 and the US20.  I like the smaller size of the US10, but felt like the US20 would be more useful.  I'll probably end up with both sooner or later, just curious what your thoughts are.  
The US10 holds my rain gear and my lunch container. Not much more room for anything else in it. Which is all I need for when I go into work. 

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Kriega 20 checking in, mine's typically pretty packed:
1. Work clothes
2. Gym shoes
3. 40 oz KleanKanteen
4. Lunch
5. Small blender bottle

There will be slight variations but the bag is pretty much always filled to the brim. I occasionally wish there was more room but I prefer making sacrifices on what I bring/buy than getting something bigger. It's already quite annoying at full capacity; I find myself sitting up on the bike (as in closer to the handlebars) to avoid hitting the bag. However, I have zero complaints about it. Love the easy on/off and for example yesterday I stopped by the butcher shop, didn't really want to pack the steak in the already full bag so I sandwiched it between the bag and the seat and rode home!

To be honest, I purchased this bag thinking it'd be enough room for me in the event of a weekend trip but I don't think that's the case after receiving it.

• Premium Member

Yeah I'm only 5'10" and that bag, while it looks really good, also looks like it would interfere with my ability to see the gauge cluster

ZERO clearance issues at all, and I am only 5'6"! I was worried that I'd have to bring it down, but once I installed it with the default position, I realized it's perfect! I highly recommend it! 

To be honest, I purchased this bag thinking it'd be enough room for me in the event of a weekend trip but I don't think that's the case after receiving it.
This is precisely whey I want to go with the Kriega bags and their ability to clip multiple bags together for things like a weekend trip.  

My thoughts were to have just the US20 (or US10) on there for day-to-day things when needed and if I ever wanted to do a weekend trip I could buy the US30 and strap the others onto it.  Another option would be the US20 plus the R30, but after seeing your comments on having to sit closer to the tank (assuming without a backpack on) I'm a little weary of that now.  

Thanks for your comments though!  Very helpful! 

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
This is precisely whey I want to go with the Kriega bags and their ability to clip multiple bags together for things like a weekend trip.   
My thoughts were to have just the US20 (or US10) on there for day-to-day things when needed and if I ever wanted to do a weekend trip I could buy the US30 and strap the others onto it.  Another option would be the US20 plus the R30, but after seeing your comments on having to sit closer to the tank (assuming without a backpack on) I'm a little weary of that now.  

Thanks for your comments though!  Very helpful! 

I don't mean to steer you away so I should add that I find myself sliding forward on the bike with or without the bag; it is more noticeable w/ the bag. It could just be the proportion of my body or the ergo of the bike, I do find myself having to consciously slide back.

Just looked up the R30 that is a bad-ass looking backpack! But you're probably correct in that it may be bumping up against the US20.

No worries at all! I wouldn't say you were steering me away as much as just pointing out something I might need to look into a little more.

As with most products, Anthony at Revzilla has some great videos on the Kriega lineup. The backpacks are legit ruck packs that focus on proper weight distribution on the rider. Good stuff.

Archived