The MT-07 Forum

Andreabi Kit/Ohlins

Guest brickst3r

Guest unknown

It was mentioned in the sticky thread but no one has really talked about it too much. Honestly I think it's a pretty damn good deal at ~$1,000 for front and rear setup.

I have no idea how an Italian company can price it so reasonably ($850). Shipping is probably another $60 but still excellent.

If the pictures are in any way representative (eg. that LONG preload shaft), I wouldn't be surprised they sourced commercial Showa/Kayaba parts in quantity for the main components, and then made retrofit parts. I'm very curious how they did the compression adjust. My guess is that one leg is rebound, the other compression. It's the obvious (and in vogue) solution. Since it has bleed holes only at the top, this also indicates to me it's an SFF design. Instead of 2 stationary (comp) and 2 sliding (reb) pistons, you just have the 2 sliding ones and flip the piston around to bias it for flow in one direction or the other. Half as many shims and precision parts. And no custom bolt in the bottom that has to flow oil. Guess I should have thought of that.

The real factor is how good is the shim stack since with a SFF you have to make it a lot stiffer and a 20mm cartridge can flow only so much. I took apart a shim stack for a GSXR600 on Sunday and the compression circuit was so incredibly overbuilt I had to question the sanity of the tuner or of his customer.

Ok, challenge accepted. I'll design a SFF implementation in traditional 20mm as well as a 37mm (known as BPF - big piston fork) which Showa introduced in 2012'ish.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest brickst3r

I'm ordering the termignoni exhaust from them first. After i save some money up i might go for the suspension upgrades.

@brickst3r, where have you priced the Termi? The distributor was (is?) in Baltimore.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest brickst3r
@brickst3r, where have you priced the Termi? The distributor was (is?) in Baltimore.
I was linked to omnia racing from another member and it ships from Italy. with the euro conversion to usd it comes out to about $650 shipped. They also sell off ebay but the termi is priced at like $950. I haven't found a US distributor for the Termi so i'm not sure where you heard something about balitmore. Let me know if you find anything because I haven't placed my order yet and will probably wait another week or so.

Guest brickst3r

i sent them an email, but from the site i couldn't see anything about termi's but we'll see what their reply is. thanks for sending link.

Archived