The MT-07 Forum

PDX FZ-07

iceman0404

I joined this forum to get some more info on the fz-07. I have narrowed down to the fz-07 from a gsx-s750 and a cb500f. I went to the dealer and got a costco membership quote of 7331 OTD. 6990 for the bike and 431 for licrnsing, dmv, and documentation fees. No setup or shipping charges. Since I'm a oregon resident no tax either. I'm also looking at a used one from another dealer for 6899 with 2701 miles, I'm trying to get them to sell it for 5500 but not sure yet. Hopefully I will have one in the garage by this saturday.

• Global Moderator

Welcome. You made a good choice on the FZ-07. We all love it here (as you probably noticed by reading the forum posts). Please post photos when you get it.

• Premium Member

I was just in PDX last week fishing and was thinking how great it would be to ride in that area.

• Premium Member
belleau1977
I joined this forum to get some more info on the fz-07. I have narrowed down to the fz-07 from a gsx-s750 and a cb500f. I went to the dealer and got a costco membership quote of 7331 OTD. 6990 for the bike and 431 for licrnsing, dmv, and documentation fees. No setup or shipping charges. Since I'm a oregon resident no tax either. I'm also looking at a used one from another dealer for 6899 with 2701 miles, I'm trying to get them to sell it for 5500 but not sure yet. Hopefully I will have one in the garage by this saturday.
I have known about the Suzuki GSR750 four the past four years now but it just now got released to the states this year as the GSX-S750 which I hate the name it's too long and needs to be simpler to say. I have 3 1/2 months left here in Spain before I come home and finally after trying to find a Suzuki dealer for a year now I found one and got to sit on the bike I've been wanting four the past four years the GSX750 you checked out. Hate the swingarm but after seeing it in person I was over that one part Suzuki went cheap on. Right now it's a battle between the FZ-07, GSX-S750, and the FZ8 which I have seen new on Cycletrader going for $4,999 as a leftover model. As soon as I get home I'm test riding all three and it will finally be settled. My wife votes for the blue/white GSx750 though which is what I'm leaning toward more since it fits me better than the FZ-07. Good luck on your choice!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I wish the fz-07 came with a ABS option.
I think it's available, maybe standard even, on European models.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

the FZ 07 will be more comfortable to ride in comparison to the others and if you like the naked look than you will absolutely love this bike, I am not biased, I just did a ton of research and everyone says the same thing

• Global Moderator
I wish the fz-07 came with a ABS option.
I think it's available, maybe standard even, on European models.
Maybe Yamaha will make it available in the US for 2016. I think I would have got ABS if it was available but to be honest the brakes have enough feedback that I do not miss it. 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! The CB500F was on my list when I was looking for a bike.  I liked the fact that it had an ABS version, but I went with the FZ-07.  I knew I would get bored with the CB500F within a year and the FZ-07 had more of the fun factor based on the reviews I read about the bike.  After purchasing my FZ-07 in February I have no regrets.  Have fun selecting your new bike and let us know what you pick!    

Archived