The MT-07 Forum

Power commander

birch444

Is the power commander worth it.. I would like to get as much power as i can. I will by it i its a huge difference. Lmk thanks

• Premium Member

Just got my EJK yesterday and installed it today, so easy I could do it blindfolded haha,
haven't ride tested it yet but if all true I should see a noticeable improvement, cost me $225 with forum discount,
contact Dillon from Dobeck Performance best customer service!

• Premium Member

I would recommend the EJK myself over the power commander. I friend at work has the power commander on his ER-6N. Has to pull out the laptop anytime he wants to play with it. The EJK has a very simple interface built right in for tweaks on the road, or going from baffle in/out on your exhaust

• Premium Member
Just got my EJK yesterday and installed it today, so easy I could do it blindfolded haha, haven't ride tested it yet but if all true I should see a noticeable improvement, cost me $225 with forum discount,
I have had my EJK for a couple of weeks waiting to be installed. How long did it take you, and did you have to take the tank off to do it? 

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Just got my EJK yesterday and installed it today, so easy I could do it blindfolded haha, haven't ride tested it yet but if all true I should see a noticeable improvement, cost me $225 with forum discount,
I have had my EJK for a couple of weeks waiting to be installed. How long did it take you, and did you have to take the tank off to do it?
I had zero experience fiddling around with the insides of a bike, but it took me about 90 minutes with my girlfriend helping to hold the tank once we got to that part.

You don't have to unhook the tank completely. Just unbolt the front and rear, and also disconnect the two hoses on the right side. It's good to have someone help hold the tank off to the left side while you plug in the harnesses at that point though.

See - http://fz07.org/thread/1916/fz-dobeck-performance-ejk-installation

hellobatman

I have a power commander loaded with a graves map. I'd say it's worth it. The bike performs much better all around. Install wasn't easy, but wasn't impossible too.

thomascrown

Since the fz07 is tuned for 87 octane from the factory, there should be some power on the table if you fudge with the timing maps to take advantage of 91 or 93 octane.  Power commander will likely make more power than exhaust for this bike.

• 1 month later...

Man I've been riding for 28 years, and I stalled the FZ 3 times in my first couple rides. Really not liking the throttle response. So I installed a power commander and 2 Brothers exhaust system, and WOW what a difference. It's spot on, and will point the front wheel to 12 o'clock in 2nd gear with ease now. Had the exhaust for a couple weeks prior to the PC. It was the PC that made the most difference. If i had to do it again, i'd try just the PC. Very much worth it

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
speedingtickets

I have 3k+ into my FZ-07 and I have stretched the limits of how fast this bike can go 0-100. As far as top speed, I need a chunk of smooth highway, not easy to find in New England, I will update this soon when I go to the track. A K&N high flow air filter, Yoshimura R77 exhaust (or any decent after market), and a Power Commander V tuned with a custom map by an expert will change the bike completely. Wrist breaking torque spreads out evenly in the throttle, and smooth deceleration is now used as a braking tool. Also, very little vibration and almost no hand numbness, and so fast I swear the bike comes off the ground at some points. Keep in mind it already does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds from the factory. I was getting bored and this woke me up. Get it!

• 3 months later...

So is the only real differences between the pcv and the ejk are

Convenience
Price

And that's it? Once I get my stuff I don't really plan to change any performance mods. I wasn't even planning on getting a fuel controller but I need it for the exhaust. So my point is I would only adjust the tune the first time. After that no need to go back. Price isn't an issue either since I'm getting it(pcv) used.

Am I missing anything???

• Premium Member
What if I just put 91 or 93 octane in it, and disregard the commander! Lol
Octane doesn't increase power. More octane just prevents the fuel from combusting before the spark plugs ignite it. This is why if a bike or car is designed for a specific fuel then you should stick with that. Adding a higher octane fuel does absolutely noting but waste your money.

If you are doing track work or racing get the PCV and get it tuned properly on a dyno. Full stop. For anything else the coarser tuning of the other will be fine.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 weeks later...
Man I've been riding for 28 years, and I stalled the FZ 3 times in my first couple rides. Really not liking the throttle response. So I installed a power commander and 2 Brothers exhaust system, and WOW what a difference. It's spot on, and will point the front wheel to 12 o'clock in 2nd gear with ease now. Had the exhaust for a couple weeks prior to the PC. It was the PC that made the most difference. If i had to do it again, i'd try just the PC. Very much worth it

How's it going man. Quick question. I'm installing an akrapovic exhaust and was wondering if I'll still use the stock O2 sensor when I get the power commander. Or will I just block it off. Riding for awhile but I'm finally taking it upon myself to learn my own bike. I appreciate the time man.

How's it going man. Quick question. I'm installing an akrapovic exhaust and was wondering if I'll still use the stock O2 sensor when I get the power commander. Or will I just block it off. Riding for awhile but I'm finally taking it upon myself to learn my own bike. I appreciate the time man.

The PC V has an O2 sender module that plugs in line with your existing sensor and works along with the main PC module. You will need to keep it from what I know. Could be wrong.

Right, it'll stay, and there'll be an Inline connection for it. Cool the Akrapovic exhausts seem to be what's used in racing most frequently, from what I've seen. Bet it'll sound awesome. I actually went back and picked up the noise suppressor for my 2Bros, it was crazy loud!

The PC V has an O2 sender module that plugs in line with your existing sensor and works along with the main PC module. You will need to keep it from what I know. Could be wrong.

Alright. I'll make sure to take care of it during the exhaust install. Thanks

Right, it'll stay, and there'll be an Inline connection for it. Cool the Akrapovic exhausts seem to be what's used in racing most frequently, from what I've seen. Bet it'll sound awesome. I actually went back and picked up the noise suppressor for my 2Bros, it was crazy loud!

Alright great. Thanks for the back up. I'm definitely new to all this but man I'm loving doing all the work myself.

And man are you right. I just finished install for he ak ti baffle out and it's louddddddd. I was in my garage(door open) though. Maybe it'll be a little more gentle on the ears outside and in a helmet.

• 2 years later...
On 10/12/2015 at 9:13 PM, fz07fanboy said:

Octane doesn't increase power. More octane just prevents the fuel from combusting before the spark plugs ignite it. This is why if a bike or car is designed for a specific fuel then you should stick with that. Adding a higher octane fuel does absolutely noting but waste your money.

This

scordiaboy515

I will always put my money for a PCV......it also enables you to delete the o2 sensor, just in case you want to run leaded race gas at the track.....I just like the smell😎  I built an R3 for a track bike, put a PCV with a M4 full system, MWR air filter and carried to Max Speed Cycle in Kernersville, NC, Miles got 41 rwhp....not to shabby.

On 10/13/2015 at 12:13 AM, fz07fanboy said:

Is this true? Should I not be using 92? Guy at the dealership told me to use it but it’ll save me lots of money if I don’t lol

Archived