The MT-07 Forum

GSX-S 1000

p0k3yiii

I'm not sure about the droopy candle look.  
2015-suzuki-gsx-s1000.jpg

Looks a little too 'FLASH GORDON' for my taste. Those lightning bolt shaped side moldings coming down from the tank and headlight, ugh! I wonder if Richard Simmons is on their design team. 

Beemer

fooschnickens

I saw one of these next to an FZ-09 the other day at my dealer and I gotta say, while they are damn similar looking, the FZ is just plain better. I think it has to do with Suzuki not going whole-hog into the naked look. Trying to make it look like a partially-faired bike just doesn't flow right and I could see that "droopy" look when comparing the two head on.

These are out now? i thought we only had the GSX-S 750.. which is hideous.... dont tell me that , cause it is cause ill be in the showroom tomorrow

fooschnickens
These are out now? i thought we only had the GSX-S 750.. which is hideous.... dont tell me that , cause it is cause ill be in the showroom tomorrow
I double-checked their stock page and it's listed there. I have to go back for some parts on Monday so I'll see what the sticker said for pricing. 
It looks like they locked down UK pricing at £8999 base £9499 ABS, which is basically $14,000/15,000. Seems kinda high for the big brother of the bike that the community has given a resounding "meh" review for in recent months. Though I guess that's the literbike tax more than anything else and the US typically sees lower prices than a lot of other places.

I double-checked their stock page and it's listed there. I have to go back for some parts on Monday so I'll see what the sticker said for pricing. 
It looks like they locked down UK pricing at £8999 base £9499 ABS, which is basically $14,000/15,000. Seems kinda high for the big brother of the bike that the community has given a resounding "meh" review for in recent months. Though I guess that's the literbike tax more than anything else and the US typically sees lower prices than a lot of other places.

Anything over 10.5k is going to push me right to a left over z1000 or something of the like for less than 9k f*** that. Suzuki has lost there minds that's super duke territory.

fooschnickens

Anything over 10.5k is going to push me right to a left over z1000 or something of the like for less than 9k f*** that. Suzuki has lost there minds that's super duke territory.
Yeah I started looking for what the 750s go for over in the UK. It looks like their MSRP is £7499 which is $11,800. It seems that this is just another case of things being way more expensive in the UK vs the US. I would wager both flavors of the 1000 will come in at bit over $9000 based on how their pricing works. 

Yeah I started looking for what the 750s go for over in the UK. It looks like their MSRP is £7499 which is $11,800. It seems that this is just another case of things being way more expensive in the UK vs the US. I would wager both flavors of the 1000 will come in at bit over $9000 based on how their pricing works.
the 750 is going for like 7200 in MMSCONYERS (who are notoriously overpriced) i could see a 2k premium or the 1000 being just about right . any more is way too much imho. its only got abs.. as a option i might add.

fooschnickens
the 750 is going for like 7200 in MMSCONYERS (who are notoriously overpriced) i could see a 2k premium or the 1000 being just about right . any more is way too much imho. its only got abs.. as a option i might add.
I think it also has traction control as well, but probably only on the ABS model. 

• 3 weeks later...

That is a very sharp looking bike. Well actually most of the naked bikes appeal to me. What drew me in to the yamaha world is a friend with a naked FZ1. If yamaha beings a factory naked FZ1 in to North America I will be the first guy in line. And with tnr current naked trend here, it makes sense for them to import thrm.

• 1 month later...

price is up on the website... 9999.99 and they are offering up to 2200 cash back. i doubt that will go for this bike but it falls in exactly the price range i thought it would with a little haggling this puppy will be in the garage soon!

fromthecage

The styling doesn't 100% speak to me, but it does share similar styling with my new distraction (848SF). I'm just curious to how it rides and the power delivery. Are they keeping it detuned for a sport litre bike or letting that engine do it's job?

The styling doesn't 100% speak to me, but it does share similar styling with my new distraction (848SF). I'm just curious to how it rides and the power delivery. Are they keeping it detuned for a sport litre bike or letting that engine do it's job?
its the k5-k8 motor from the older gixxers (the old bulletproof one) so its remapped for tourqe but essentially the same its be reviewed as a super naked and is coming in as top of the heap

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I would really like to know what the price point is going to be. They're being very tight lipped about it, even now, in August.
EDIT: Nvm. I saw the MSRP on Suzuki's website. $10K isn't bad, but I think I'll keep my FZ for a couple of years and buy a used one, or maybe something else; who knows.
The blue is fugly, but the red and black looks sick.

I'm honestly not a fan of Suzuki's red/black scheme. I personally like the blue/white scheme. I really like the MotoGP livery on the new GSX-R's with that blue/yellow scheme though I would never actually buy it.

price is up on the website... 9999.99 and they are offering up to 2200 cash back. i doubt that will go for this bike but it falls in exactly the price range i thought it would with a little haggling this puppy will be in the garage soon!
$2200 cash back? How's that work?

• Premium Member

The bike probably performs like a champ but as far as looks go the headlight and the zig zag front panels really ruin this bike. This might be wrong but people usually go with naked bikes for looks correct? Or is there a benefit of the nudist bikes over aerodynamic fairings?

• 1 month later...

Waiting to see if Yamaha will be bringing the R1S, or some supernaked version of the R1 out for 2016. If not, I will be pulling the trigger on this.

Archived