The MT-07 Forum

GSX-S 1000

p0k3yiii

I always knew the fz-07 would be my stepping stone bike till something with the right price and size came along looks like i may have found my new bike.
It has the old k8 version of the 1000cc (the good one) so that's a monster plus.
It is also rumored to be around $8999. which is a good price point.
Thoughts?
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHBFOFCjwI]

oh my is that handsome. I freaking love it.
Wild how popular this naked style is becoming. I like the fact we're seeing more producers push more motos geared towards people like us :DNice to see the price much lower than the Kawasaki Z1000. The HUD looks much better than that of the Kawasaki as well.

• Premium Member

That's a cool looking bike, and should have performance to match! Also, I think we can infer from the video, it will help you meet hot women. ;).

Why can't left turners see us?

My opinion:

No, thanks.
I've already owned four 4-cylindered 1,000cc bikes, and I'm over that stuff.
Keep the extra weight and mass, the added insurance cost, and I don't even care about the horsepower.

In my experience, after the novelty of having one-hundred-and-whatever horsepower wears off, you start looking toward smaller, lighter, and more usable bikes.

That being said they make a GSXS750. But I don't consider any naked style bike as much of a "usable" bike per say for daily riding.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
That being said they make a GSXS750. But I don't consider any naked style bike as much of a "usable" bike per say for daily riding.
Slap a wind-screen on a naked?

Curious about this comment as well. I'm a pretty big newbie in riding and it has only been a month, but I've almost elusively driven my FZ-07 over the past month. I range from city driving to highway trips (1-2 hrs) and I actually prefer the highway trips. I live down in Tampa, FL and it gets pretty windy on the coast - I can't really say wind bothers me too much. I've thought about the windscreen (as touched on in the comment above), but I really hate the way they look and I think short of a touring screen, it wont due much. 

Curious about this comment as well. I'm a pretty big newbie in riding and it has only been a month, but I've almost elusively driven my FZ-07 over the past month. I range from city driving to highway trips (1-2 hrs) and I actually prefer the highway trips. I live down in Tampa, FL and it gets pretty windy on the coast - I can't really say wind bothers me too much. I've thought about the windscreen (as touched on in the comment above), but I really hate the way they look and I think short of a touring screen, it wont due much.
You'd be surprised. 
The screens redirect the wind and kill alot of the turbulence you experience.

I sat on these at the Miami bike show a few months ago and i really liked it.  I am drawn to very few bikes as i have a certain "style" that i prefer, ie naked, upright sport bikes and this thing was pretty neat.  It was pretty heavy thought so at my current skill level i cant really say if i would be interested in living with it.

They already make one, its ugly.

My opinion: 
No, thanks.
Keep the extra weight and mass, the added insurance cost, and I don't even care about the horsepower.

In my experience, after the novelty of having one-hundred-and-whatever horsepower wears off, you start looking toward smaller, lighter, and more usable bikes.
i started on late 90's/early 2000's street bikes i know what HEAVY is anything sub 450 is ok with me. im way too big for the fz-07 i just ride it cause i wanted to ease back in the sport without going full balls and spending gobs of cash; (super duke r). this is sooo my speed. still love my fz though. it truly is a modern classic people will want these bikes for decades.

That is one sexy looking bike. Always liked the z1000 too. The big power is intoxicating.

I would still take a Fz09 over both. I dislike acres of plastic and Suzuki is bad for that.
That was a big selling point for me with the fz07 - not a lot of plastic and rivets. Fz07 is a nice clean bike.

Same here man, I hate too much plastic on a bike. Hate fairings, that's why I like a naked bike. I also prefer handlebars, cause I'm a dirtbike guy.

But,I do own the GSX-S750 Forums and I also own a couple GSX-S1000 domain names just in case...

Not big on the tail angle, but not horrible. I bet this will be the really deal performancewise. Too much tech for a $9K bike. I'm thinking $10-11K at least, more in the range of the Z1000 and CB1000.

• Global Moderator

I would be very surprised to see Suzuki price this at $9k. My wild guess is $10,499.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I think they missed the mark on the 750, this looks like it could really hit the market if it is indeed at a $9k mark. IMO, It has the styling of the Z1000 though.

I also think the FZ-07 is a stepping stone for me. I've added a few things and the $$$ is starting to add up. I think I'm at the point where I'm not going to put anymore money into it because all of the upgrading is putting it into price points that could buy a bike with many of the nicer components from the factory. Many people on here are upgrading everything possible making these bikes even better than anyone could have imagined. I don't plan on keeping this bike forever so I'm shopping for its replacement now. By shopping I mean its replacement a few years from now ;-)

I think the gsx-s1000f will be my next bike. Just have to see how it's priced. My fz-07 was my re-entry into motorcycles(got rid of gsxr750 when my son was born). I already find myself wanting some more power and a lot better suspension.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
My opinion: 
No, thanks.

can't agree more.

there is a young married couple who ride converted dirt-bikes at my favorite "play ground". they are stupid-fast riders on under-powered machines.  they kill the super-sports and liter-bikes day-in and day-out.

they do it with real skill.

at some point, a rider has to admit that they don't need a surgeons scalpel to whittle.  and a skill surgeon can perform surgery with a pocket knife when needed.

its about knowing whats true.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

The GSX-S1000 and 750 both look okay in terms of styling (Not as cool as a Z1000) but I currently have no desire to get a 1000cc motorcycle. I rode a Honda 919 a year or so ago, smooth power but nothing special. I'll stick to my FZ.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

A liter bike draws me only because most of my riding is done on the highway.

For pseudo street race riding, sure, a lighter, torque monster bike ridden by a skilled rider will defeat a more impressive machine on paper but not everyone is pretending to be a street racer.

Archived