The MT-07 Forum

clutch in at stoplights

rewplayff

Depends on the light and the situation, I always go to the left of the car in front of me. Just in case I get hit, I can be thrown into the space, vs the rear of the car in front of me. and if I see something happening, I can accelerate to that space and hopefully use the car in front of me as a blocker

bmwpowere36m3

Always clutch in and in first... rarely in neutral. Same in my car. Maybe if I need to do something requiring me to have "free" hands, but with no cars behind me.

I am clutch in unless there are vehicles already lined up behind me. I like lights that count down, especially when out for long rides. So if I need to flex that hand I can.

I clutch it and I kind of go in and out of the friction zone rolling forward then back, keeps me entertained

relentless

Riding ten years and I alway put it in neutral at a light. It's all about positioning your self to not be a target. Set your self to the side of the lane you will have a better chance ditching the bike than riding into oncoming traffic? I've actually seen a guy put his kickstand down get off the bike and hug the car next to him as a truck smash the bike right into the side of a bus coming through the intersection. Nothing left of the bike but the rider was perfectly fine. You may put your self in more harm trying to ride to safety witch doesn't exist on two wheels. Just my two cents. Better to take action then plan a reaction.

Planning a reaction for that situation might be better more times than putting your kick stand down when a truck is barreling toward you. Would you bother to turn and lock your door if you saw an air plane seconds away from crashing into your house? Not knocking you, just that mystery guy. I had to dive over a car once to avoid smashing into it at 45 mph. but I surely didn't bother to use my hazards before the bike hit the car. All depends on the situation whether to bail or not. If you can't avoid something on the bike then sure, get off if possible (don't bother with kick stand or anything else, just drop it) and run lika mutha but if you can avoid it on the bike, well, a bike moves you quicker than your feet can 9 times out of 10. Staying on or getting off depends on the situation which only the person on their bike, at that time, can decide which is best to do. I have arthritis in my hands so if a long light I check the traffic and clutch out and keep watching closely. I also pull up to one side of a car and aim the bike at my best escape route, whether it be on the right or left but then again, you never know what crazy shet is going to happen or which way it's going to come from so there is no 100% assured safe plan or reaction. Roll of the dice. My .02 worth.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Clutch in and right foot is in position to shift...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived