The MT-07 Forum

bar end mirrors

shift4life

• Premium Member

Debating rhino bar ends but a handlebar change further down the road would make them useless right?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't get why people make a post in a reviews section yet they refuse to say what the part is or where they got it.
got them off Amazon 3inch bar end mirrors they were like $10, all you have to do is ask.

The mirrors look nice but it's just my personal opinion that since the handle bars are wide to begin with the bar end mirrors sticking out make the bars look too wide. I think they look better on cafe racers with lower, narrower bars.

Beemer

The mirrors look nice but it's just my personal opinion that since the handle bars are wide to begin with the bar end mirrors sticking out make the bars look too wide. I think they look better on cafe racers with lower, narrower bars.

that was my initial concern but I like how it lowers the overall profile of the bike especially with it having no kind of windscreen or anything I feel the stock mirrors almost look more out of place. But the bar end look has grown on me I still may eventually get smaller bar ends but everyone has a different look they want for their bike also.

that was my initial concern but I like how it lowers the overall profile of the bike especially with it having no kind of windscreen or anything I feel the stock mirrors almost look more out of place. But the bar end look has grown on me I still may eventually get smaller bar ends but everyone has a different look they want for their bike also.
Ya know, the more I look at them the more I like them, they definitely are cool and I like how they can fold in. I felt the same way about the stock mirrors myself, they looked like big Mickey Mouse ears sticking up and they just had to go and cheers to having bikes that look different! If everyone had the exact same FZ this would be a boring world. I put some anodized blue aftermarket grips/levers on my white FZ and even though white is a neutral color and the grips looked ok next to the white I felt there was something missing. I knew what that something was and had never done it before but I put some blue pin-striping on my tank to tie the blue grips/levers to the body and I think it worked well. It's not so plain now and looks racier. I also put some new mirrors on mine as well. They weren't cheap, $59, but I think they look pretty slick, the glass has a cool blue tint and they're very well made. I was shooting for that 'roadster' look and I think I scored. I'm posting pics of it in the thread, "What did you do to your bike today", if you want to see them. Laters!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

@Beemer, can you post pictures of your pin striping? It sounds interesting.

[attachment id=209" thumbnail="1][attachment id=210" thumbnail="1][attachment id=211" thumbnail="1]I just got finish RE-pin-striping, I wasn't 100% satisfied with it the first job. I think they give the bike a little snap now and the blue ties the blue grips/levers to the bike, something that was needed since I put them on awhile back. Not everyone will like it but I think it makes bikie look racier and that's good enough for me.

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I just got finish RE-pin-striping, I wasn't 100% satisfied with it the first job. I think they give the bike a little snap now and the blue ties the blue grips/levers to the bike, something that was needed since I put them on awhile back. Not everyone will like it but I think it makes bikie look racier and that's good enough for me.
Good job! Looks great!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's nice to hear someone say that or else one starts to doubt their handy work and undo it.

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm getting a set of the Blindsight on the way for the only reason I cant see what I want to see out of the stock mirrors I find my self leaning to see if there is a car next to me and I just feel unsafe I hope this is a cure for that,

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived