The MT-07 Forum

bar end mirrors

shift4life

Looks good man! I prefer the Arrow mirrors myself, but to each their own. :) You know you can put all of those pictures under one post right? Haha

• Premium Member
Looks great, are those CRG hindsight LS?
I've got those CRGs on my bike, and these don't appear to be them.  But yeah, those look cool too!  I obviously like the look of round bar end mirrors :) 

[attachment id=147" thumbnail="1]

I really really like the look of this. Are they actually useful for everyday riding or is it more for looks? If they work well (can actually see stuff, don't vibrate, etc) I want this.

• Premium Member
Looks great, are those CRG hindsight LS?
I've got those CRGs on my bike, and these don't appear to be them.  But yeah, those look cool too!  I obviously like the look of round bar end mirrors :) 

I like the round too, my CRGs are ready for me to pickup tomorrow!

• Premium Member

I can speak for mine -- sorry to hijack your thread @shift4life :D -- they increase visibility quite a bit. They are convex, so everything is closer than it appears.  That can be a little weird to get used to, but they have such a wide field of vision that I can actually see cars in the left lane from the right mirror, and vice versa. I also liked the idea of the folding mirrors to save space in the garage, and perhaps react a little better if I ever (*knocks on wood*) lay it down.

I like mine alot I got mine off Amazon for cheap which u can tell but for 10 bucks if they work good can't beat that and if I really like them I will upgrade to crg and mine are convex too but they are not so convex that it is wierd and they offer a larger field of view of what is behind you. And I love how it loweres the profile of the bike too!

I have both the CRG mirrors as well as the less-expensive ebay mirrors on my bikes. The ebay mirrors work great with a little extra love. The screw that hold the mirrors on the stalks may loosen up over time. I had good results correcting this issue by heating the mirror up a bit with a heat gun. This loosens the adhesive and allows the mirror to be pulled out of it's holder. A little blue lock tight on the screws and some gorilla glue to put the mirror back in -- all is good!

Shift,

How did you mount the mirrors to the bar ends? Did these come with those rubber, friction fit internals that fit into the end of the bar?

The mirrors came with two aluminum expanding pieces. I was able to use the smaller of the two and I also read that the cheap ones come loose where the mirror mounts to the stalk. so before I even mounted them I did exactly what you did with the thread lock.

Shift, 
How did you mount the mirrors to the bar ends? Did these come with those rubber, friction fit internals that fit into the end of the bar?
the mirrors came with everything I needed to mount them all the internal expanding plugs. I wish these cheap ones had a runner plug to expand in the bar but these came with aluminum barrels that expand.

I really want these, they make the bike look so much sleeker. but I'm scared since I feel I'm already cutting it close in between lanes. If these are the same as my old ones then you can really see a lot from the little mirror. I felt good with just one side. My mechanic cracked the other side. -__-

I really want these, they make the bike look so much sleeker. but I'm scared since I feel I'm already cutting it close in between lanes. If these are the same as my old ones then you can really see a lot from the little mirror. I felt good with just one side. My mechanic cracked the other side. -__-
areally you guys splitting lanes from another state I don't think u can split lanes in MN

areally you guys splitting lanes from another state I don't think u can split lanes in MN

California can. It never really occurred to me other states can't. I wonder if they just do it anyway. I guess I'd have to check if I ever move.

Archived