The MT-07 Forum

aftermarket clutch lever??

jrubicon

Looking to replace the factory clutch lever,  any adjustable ones you guy preffered?

how bout these chinese levers on ebay?

www.youtube.com/infinion3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PearlWhiteFZ

I was checking out the mad hornets levers for the FZ-09 which are colored and pretty inexpensive.

I was looking at the cycle gear speed metal levers,, they are on sale 50% off.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Parts/Other-Parts/Levers/brand/SPEEDMETAL/Billet-Lever/p/34914_59409_42123

Anybody know if they fit Yamaha?? They look sweet in person but there is no fitment information on the website or on the box??

Seems like a great deal if they fit.

If anyone has experience with this brand please let me know
thanks

RRokay Raggie

I usually try to avoid the Cycle gear brands. Almost anything they sell as off brands like speed metal are complete junk. Always tempting to buy cause the price is lot but ya get what ya pay for. I have been burned by a few speed metal products before and won't touch em anymore.

The Mad Hornets's are great stuff and sometimes you can find em on sale online.

I usually try to avoid the Cycle gear brands. Almost anything they sell as off brands like speed metal are complete junk. Always tempting to buy cause the price is lot but ya get what ya pay for. I have been burned by a few speed metal products before and won't touch em anymore. 
The Mad Hornets's are great stuff and sometimes you can find em on sale online.
OK, great thanks fir the advice cruizin. I would rather spend more for a quality piece. I'll look into Mad Hornet.

RRokay Raggie

• 3 weeks later...

I've had them Chinese levers on both my ninja 300 and Honda Grom and they both work really well for the money.. Only complaint I've heard for these are that after a while the paint on them fades... But for around $35 a pair, I don't care... I'll just replace them... The adjustability is pretty good as well

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

Hi - installed this week some awesome adjustable levers from Puig.See pictures....
ZtqQheG.jpg
osreHZL.jpg

Love to ride!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161398244410?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D161398244410%26_rdc%3D1
got them a few months ago and have not discolored from sun as my friends said they would, i like them, 6 different levels to adjust, so far no issues here!

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

mines look similar to the ebay ones he purchased except all black and and only 24 bucks. work fine just took about 3 weeks to get here. im actually super shocked at how well made they are.

IMG_20141222_135446_zpskzvuqb2f.jpg

• Global Moderator

What is the difference between shorty and regular length levers? Is it just a preference thing or is there a reason for the shorter ones?

What is the difference between shorty and regular length levers? Is it just a preference thing or is there a reason for the shorter ones?
I personally like to pop wheelies so the shorty levers are easier for me to release the clutch, I think there mostly a preference to be honest though. The shorty levers allow me to just use 1-2 fingers to pull the levers in

I'd read this before buying cheap levers ..............in a nut shell : levers are cheaply made and if they are not made to spec they can slowly cause front brakes to heat and thus a front wheel lock up....Ill think Ill spend the few extra bucks or just leave the stock ones on.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335452

Or

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/61410-front-brake-lever-issue-wreck-could-use-some-advice.html

I have had good luck with Pazzo and AsV

I'd read this before buying cheap levers ..............in a nut shell : levers are cheaply made and if they are not made to spec they can slowly cause front brakes to heat and thus a front wheel lock up....Ill think Ill spend the few extra bucks or just leave the stock ones on.  
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335452

Or

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/61410-front-brake-lever-issue-wreck-could-use-some-advice.html

I have had good luck with Pazzo and AsV
Dude now you got me tripping, i did some research and saw exactly what your talking about, the only reason i got these chinese ebay knockoffs is because the stock lever for the clutch was too far from my hands and it was really annoying grabbing all the way out for the lever constantly, so i wanted adjustable ones so they could be really close to my fingers, also i'm really short on funds so i couldn't afford anything close to brand name or simply anything non-chinese knockoffery, now i'm sitting here worried... :/ 

Dude now you got me tripping, i did some research and saw exactly what your talking about, the only reason i got these chinese ebay knockoffs is because the stock lever for the clutch was too far from my hands and it was really annoying grabbing all the way out for the lever constantly, so i wanted adjustable ones so they could be really close to my fingers, also i'm really short on funds so i couldn't afford anything close to brand name or simply anything non-chinese knockoffery, now i'm sitting here worried... :/
Dont panic, the GSXr lever and the MT07 use a completely different method of actuation. 
On the MT07 lever, the plunger from the master cylinder sits in a radius bottomed hole.
Pulling the lever makes the bottom of the hole, come into contact with the plunger, further pressure actuates the brake.

When the brake is not being pressed, there is clearance between plunger and hole bottom = no pressure to brake pads.
Yours and my levers will be fine!

There is a lot of snobbery in every sport/past time, and hey most stuff is made in China anyway! :-/

Mont

Dont panic, the GSXr lever and the MT07 use a completely different method of actuation. 
On the MT07 lever, the plunger from the master cylinder sits in a radius bottomed hole.
Pulling the lever makes the bottom of the hole, come into contact with the plunger, further pressure actuates the brake.

When the brake is not being pressed, there is clearance between plunger and hole bottom = no pressure to brake pads.
Yours and my levers will be fine!

There is a lot of snobbery in every sport/past time, and hey most stuff is made in China anyway! :-/

Mont

You my friend, have made me at ease! 

• 2 months later...

Looking to replace the factory clutch lever,  any adjustable ones you guy preffered? 
how bout these chinese levers on ebay?

Have one on my fZ-07 and I was fortunate enough to get a set that matches the blue on my bike. Performance wise, it's really good since I prefer shorty levers and they have a good deal of adjustability to boot. I guess he only concern other people have on them is the color fading after some time... Which really doesn't bother me...

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

Just the length really.  The vast majority of them are adjustable which is a plus since only the stock brake lever is adjustable.  Most people think they are better looking too but that is subjective.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

I found myself naturally progressing to two fingers for clutch and brake--going into riding I never thought I would. Levers are next on the list, shorty's will be nice if the bike ever goes down; seems to me whenever a bike sustains damage a lot of the times clutch/brake levers get bent. Hopefully shorties will reduce the chances?

Archived