rewplayff

anyone using graves frame sliders?

rewplayff
There aren't many pictures online that I can find online but I wanted to know how far they stick out. I want to know they'll protect just as much as vagabond or oes sliders. In the pictures they look almost flush. I'm trying to decide on frame sliders. I have a friend who crashed his r6 and says his old cylindrical sliders made his bike flip so recommends the graves for that reason. I'm trying to see if the $120 is worth it when a pair of oes is like $75. What do you guys think?

snowdriftless
I think your friend is mistaken and something else caused the bike to flip. OES or Vagabond should work fine.

FZRDR
I'm not sure, I have  often wondered the same thing about sliders? And if the graves had a better design.
Maybe someone who has slid their  bike with sliders can add thier 2cents???

Also, after looking at the puig sliders I must say those look like a better design.

thomascrown
The Rizoma sliders are really nice. You get an engine bolt that has threads on the inside of the bolt head. You screw that on in place of the stock bolt. A plastic rod screws on to those threads, and the frame slider screws onto the plastic rod. If it gets caught on something, the plastic rod will break, and the slider will come off, preventing damage to the engine case.

rewplayff
Wow. Now I wish I was a little more patient Because I already ordered the oes ones. What's the general consensus on the sliders for other parts? Axles, bars, etc. Crank case even?