The MT-07 Forum

What's your hot weather jacket?

Cruizin

My requirement for a hot-weather jacket is that it 1) not be black! and 2) that it have a reasonable level of armor (neither too little nor too much).  For me, the Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 jacket in white/red/black suited my needs perfectly. Good-looking, good visibility, C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows, included back pad, volumetric adjusters on upper AND lower arms, and a removable full-sleeve waterproof liner. I've yet to find a summer jacket that I like better. The large "ROCKET" logos front and back were a bit much so I nixed the sewn-on back logo with a razor blade.

s-l1600.jpg

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up an Alpinestars Viper Air jacket locally about a month ago. Without the vest liner, it has some pretty decent airflow. My only issue with it is that the sleeves are a bit long for me but not a huge deal. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-vrx-air-jacket?kclid=87425bf3-5e18-4530-8708-38d402b032b1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp_HNx_Pv3AIVwoizCh1MrQZwEAQYAyABEgIWJ_D_BwE

I wear the cortech vrx air, its 600d mesh. Im in central texas. Most summers, 98-102f is normal. This year we hit 108 a few days and this jacket has been comfortable. I also have a perf leather alpine stars jacket that i wear between 50-90f.

• Global Moderator

In phoenix, summer riding is a bitch, 

winter riding is Cold as hell. i found a solution to these. 

A-stars GP Plus-R Perforated, 

https://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-Perforated-Leather-Motorcycle-Jackets/dp/B00JDPR3E4

Ive been wearing this for a couple years now, and it's seen everything from 0-125+ temps, phoenix monsoon rains, dust storms, and i dont think i could be happier with it. 

with the summer weather, i generally pack my tshirt in my bag and wear a compression top underneath...I get a bit warm/sweaty but the ventilation at speed is very nice and the protection cant really be beat

in the colder months, i don a longsleeve thermal compression shirt and a thin windbreaker underneath. i stay relatievly comfortable as long as my gloves dont get a hole. 

i would certainly recommend it for anyone looking for a leather summer jacket, if you're looking for textile, i cant help you much. 

i had a Alpinestars Viper Air mesh jacket prior to this, and after going down at very low speed, it was nearly destroyed. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

51 minutes ago, Yamaoldster said:

I recently purchased this jacket and its great in south Texas heat. It's very light with great airflow. Would buy again and again. 

https://www.revzilla.com/fly-flux-air-jacket

+1 for this jacket in Tucson AZ. I have the

hi-viz yellow and for $40 I upgraded the armor. Has a removable rain fly that I put in when it's in the 70's or lower. Just add layers below that. Been pretty happy with it. Breaths well!

Archived