The MT-07 Forum

What's your hot weather jacket?

Cruizin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Good jackets, both the Alpine Stars and the Cortech. But, are they 1000 Cordora or 600 Cordora? I just dont trust the 600 Cordora. 

The Cortech looks to be 1680 denier "ballistic polyester" on the elbows and shoulders. 
I'm really digging the Cortech GX Sport Air 3 -- as it could function as a year-round jacket for me with both a waterproof liner and another insulated liner. 

• Premium Member

I'm all about the protection that leather has but it sure does get hot in 90+ weather. If wearing leather in summer time, try to stay away from dark colors. Black leather seems to add like 10 degrees to the overall temperature. With that said, I wear an Icon Overlord leather jacket for summer (non rainy) days.

f09b9748335767271dd6570776c5e294.jpg

This jacket actually breathes pretty decent for leather. For me, it's a 3-season jacket. Spring, summer, and fall. Winter is a totally different story. Got heated stuff for that.

Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0 Jacket. Not just my warm weather jacket, it's my all season jacket. It has 3 layers to it and the base layer is a free flowing mesh jacket. I highly recommend it. Couldn't be happier.

• Premium Member

I think if you post in this thread you should also give an indication of where you are. For example, my idea of "hot weather" here in the Phoenix area can differ significantly from someone in the great white north, for example.

• Premium Member
I'm in Idaho, and summer temps are between 90 and 104 usually.
Sounds like my spring :)

I lived in Vegas for a while and spent alot of time in Phoenix. Got a few of those freeway speed camera tickets mailed to me all on the same day. OUCH!

And we Boise State fans end up going to the Fiesta Bowl every once in a while and do ok ..

fromthecage

I'll be using my Dainese C2 perf this summer. It flows really well and seems like it will hold up fine. I would much rather wear leather here in the Atlanta area (everyone is a terrible driver and I like lots of protection.
I get curious about stuff like the Dainese Manis D1 jacket. It's marketed as something to be worn under a jacket, but would it be feasible to wear this as an extreme hot weather jacket by itself?

I wore my leathers daily in Thailand. Kevlar for in town, leather pants for long rides. I sweated like a mofo and drank a bottle of water every hour. But in a country with up to 26,000 road deaths a year (70 a day) I would rather be sweaty than skinless.

suspiciouspackage

Using the Dainese Laguna Seca textile without the liner once it gets near 75-80. If I keep it in, my arms stick to it. Nasty.

I wear a Scorpion urban destroyer jacket when it gets hot outside. It did pretty good in the Vegas heat last year, on the 110+ days I paired it up with a Leatt coolit vest.

Its been in the high 80's lately, on the verge of the 90's. Last fall I bought my perf Dainese racing C2 leather jacket, and Im still able to wear it, hoping i can stick with it until we break 100.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

stinky leather never bothered me. when i was younger i bought a leather jacket that i wore forever. it had cuts, bite marks (damn pitbull nearly took my arm off one night), and road rash. rained on, sweated in, gas spilled, whiskey spilled, dirt-smeared, zipper busted. whatever man. you could toss it in a corner and it would stand on its own. after 40 my belly started expanding its market share and i had to get a new jacket, but i really prefer the old stinker. we had a lot of miles together.

i can't develop any trust for mesh. leather has saved me enough times that i know how tough it is.

-HowWorkClutch

[attachment id=227" thumbnail="1] I bought a Scorpion EXO. It's mesh, with elbow, shoulder, back armor and the day-glo catches peoples eye. So far it's worked good (keeping cool) here in sunny Florida but it's not July or August yet so that will be the real test for whether it's a good summer time jacket. Of course any jacket is going to heat up sitting still so I think this one will do good, it breathes real well.

Edit: It does not do well in the Fl. heat or any state with comparable heat. I don't think there is a jacket that is good in such heat because they all seem to have that inner perforated polyester liner in them that tends to hold in more heat when you're going too slow or at a standstill. It gets all wet and sticks to you as well which isn't comfortable.

Beemer

• 3 years later...

I bought this recently and although it only has one perforated layer vs. the two that most jackets seem to have it is still too hot to wear in this Fl. heat EDIT: (Being T-2 diabetic may make a difference) but maybe someone somewhere else may find it real comfy and cool. I've succumbed to the reality that even in your birthday suit you will be hot in the Florida sun. The sunny state isn't always so sunny (so to speak) even when it is sunny and I've been reduced to riding either real early before it gets hot or ride later in the evening when it's cooled off to be comfortable riding (not sweating like a pig) so be glad you can ride comfortably in the summer, wherever that may be. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bohn-Bodyguard-Airtex-Shirt-Medium/dp/B001THMMWC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1529325822&sr=8-13&keywords=bohn+armor

Beemer

I'm new so I got me the icon overlord SB2 in black for Minnesota summer riding. Last week it was like Miami up here and i sweated my balls off in it but when moving it was fine. This week it's 70 and drizly and its perfect for it with the included insulation. 

I also got the icon team Merc softshell for colder days because Minnesota weather can turn around in one hour. This is less breathable but is good for 80 and under highway riding. 

I like these both because they do come with elbow, shoulder, and back standard. Well made by a well renowned brand too. 

But like I said, I'm new I this is my first gear I have. 

• Premium Member

After a bunch of reviews i went with the REV'IT! GT-R Air 2 Jacket. Been riding in 90+ heat this last week and its comfortable when moving around and isn't too hot standing around at a light change

I have been using the Rev'it Vertex Air https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-vertex-air-jacket this yr and I have been very impressed.  Very comfortable and great protection.  I did get the optional Rev'it seesoft back protector for it as well https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-seesoft-back-protector-insert.  This thing moves a crap ton of air!  I would imagine it would be even better without the back protector as it does seem to slow down the evacuation of air from the back.

Dan 

Archived