The MT-07 Forum

Intake

vi5a

I've seen quite a bit of exhausts upgrades but not much on intakes. I'm ready for some stage 2 modifications. I've got myself a PCV with the AutoTune device, an AFR gauge, and was thinking of just slapping on a couple of free flowing K&N cone filters but was trying to see what other intake upgrades are out there before I go forth with this project.

• Premium Member

There is the DNA filter and air box lid. Thats the only intake upgrade i have seen so far

There is the DNA filter and air box lid. Thats the only intake upgrade i have seen so far
Yea. I seen those. Was hoping for more options though. I might just end up putting two cone filters directly to the head if nothing fancier comes up.

Yea. I seen those. Was hoping for more options though. I might just end up putting two cone filters directly to the head if nothing fancier comes up.

I'd love to see this...

If you put 2 cone filters on the TB's, where will you mount the temp sensor that is in the airbox?

If I go the cone filter route, I'll just put that sensor somewhere next to the filters. Air temp outside the filter isn't super critical. As long as it reads air going inside it'll be fine.

I wonder if you could go the route that they had on the flat tracker using the 07 engine? If im not mistaken in the picture i remember seeing the 2 cone filters. Maybe try to find out exactly how they were set up?! Just a thought!

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

rotaryryan24

This is something I have been considering doing for a while now. An aluminum air box with two cone style filters. maybe even doing some ducting to the forward facing side vents, for a true cold air intake. Sadly I have not had time to purse this idea. Someday soon hopefully.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

I wonder if you could go the route that they had on the flat tracker using the 07 engine? If im not mistaken in the picture i remember seeing the 2 cone filters. Maybe try to find out exactly how they were set up?! Just a thought!
Yea. I remember seeing that somewhere. I also like the idea rotaryryan24 threw out and placing the filter at the side of the fairings for colder air. K&N does make a rectangular shaped filter that may fit in that area nicely.

FZ07 flat tracker pics Here is the article in Cycleworld, and i do believe i see rectangular filters hangin out in there in a few pics! :D

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Archived