The MT-07 Forum

OEM Parts - difference in bike model

jpiazza7

• Premium Member

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy some OEM parts and when selecting my bike at a website like mrcycles.com, I'm given the option for 3 different FZ-07s.  Well, technically 6, but 3 are what appear to be for FZ-07s in California (emissions I'm guessing).  But here's the options:

FZ07 (FZ07FCGY) CA
FZ07 (FZ07FCR) CA
FZ07 (FZ07FCW) CA
FZ07 (FZ07FGY)
FZ07 (FZ07FR)
FZ07 (FZ07FW)

Anyone know the difference or how to determine one with a specific bike?  

Thanks,

• Premium Member

The CA models are actually Canadian, I believe, and the other differences are the colors. For example, mine is a charcoal gray/blurple US bike, and its model number is FZ07FGY (gy for gray, r for red, and w for white)

• Premium Member

Ohh, good to know and thanks for the quick repsonse. Can anyone confirm CA is for Canadian models?

Update: I just called one of these OEM parts stores and the guy said it means California...

• Premium Member
You Californians have to be sooo special :)
Komifornia where freedom means the government will tell you what car, bike or gun you can or cannot have and tax you extra for the privilege. 

Example:

FZ07FR

FZ07 = model designation without model year or color

F = 2015 model year

R = red

The C does mean California model, too.

You'd think those posting this info on consumer websites would make it either less complicated by omitting the mumbo-jumbo (and simply list is as 2015 FZ-07, color red), or at least explain what it means, but they apparently just copy it from a Yamaha model listing.
Similar to an ad placed in the local paper or on the Internet by a motorcycle dealer selling a Yamaha YZ450FZW.

Archived