Sign in to follow this  
tommyvto

where u from

Beemer
[attachment id=121" thumbnail="1]Sorry, I moved from Austin just last August. Lived there 17 yrs. and man are there some good twisties around there in the hill country. (best bar-b-que too!) My favorites: 

https://www.kreuzmarket.com    https://www.saltlickbbq.com   https://franklinbarbecue.com, just to name a few. Wish I were there, happy riding!

Pic of Zilker Park.

Cruizin
Im in Boise, Idaho. Home of the Boise State Broncos!

[attachment id=123" thumbnail="1]

We have a ton of great places to ride so close by, both dirt and street. Dirt trails that actually start 5 minutes from Downtown.

[attachment id=126" thumbnail="1]

I took this about a half hour from my house.

[attachment id=125" thumbnail="1]

And lots of mountains that you have to hike a bit to get to.

[attachment id=124" thumbnail="1]

so1102
That's beautiful @admin, but it also begs the question -- why don't you ride an adventure sport bike? (My guess would be you bought the 09 before the FJ came out)

Cruizin
Because to be honest, adventure bikes cannot keep up with my dirtbikes offroad. Too big, too heavy, clumsy, wrong power curves. Adventure bikes are for guys who want to ride an occasional dirt road and call it an adventure. I'd much rather just keep putting plates on my dirtbikes and go on real adventures.

Once in a while a guy will show up to our dirtrides on big BMW's or KTM's and get hurt. Last year, it was a guy on a BMW GS who of course wrecked and did $3000 damage to his "adventure bike" and broke his clavicle and two ribs.

Year before it was a guy on his big KTM who shattered his knee and ripped the damn fairing off of his "Adventure Bike".

Their biggest adventure was the ambulance ride. We have stopped posting out dirt adventures on Facebook because we fear that someone may get killed trying to dirt ride a 500 lb bike.
  • Like 1

Guru
I live here:

map_where.jpg

so1102
@guru you would be riding more if you moved

nIutwpI.png
  • Like 1

so1102
@guru would have to give up his snowmobile.
Nah -- it's only a couple hour drive to the mountains of Flagstaff :)

Cruizin
See, that's the cool thing about the Rockies where I live. I'm out riding yesterday, but am taking tomorrow off to go up to 7000 feet just an hour away to go snowmobiling. Here, you can ride in the morning and be in the snow in the afternoon.

Guru
@guru would have to give up his snowmobile.
It's gone. I sold it.  I was tainted and I couldn't ride it anymore. >:( And I even spent the money.  ::)