The MT-07 Forum

Possible cool exhaust for FZ 07

Beemer

I ran across this web site that had some cool looking pipes but unfortunately they don't make them for the FZ 07 yet. They do make them for the FZ 8 and other Yamaha's so maybe there's hope for us FZ 07 owners. I really hope so because they have different colored anodized tips which accentuate a bike. I have blue anodized grips/levers on mine (which is a white FZ) and they would match well. Plus they sound good and there are exhausts for trucks & cars as well. Anyway, I did contact them and asked if they were making them for the FZ 07 and haven't heard back yet. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Did I mention they're slip-on's for $199?  8-) Sorry, Cali boys.  :-[

http://coffmansexhaust.com/

Beemer

They make almost all slip-on exhausts. I would be surprised if we see a big market for slip-ons with this bike.

• Premium Member

I don't think those will be nearly as tuned for the 07 as some of the more popular brands. The do an even lower cost version of what Delkevic does.
They might be fine, but they are going to be "x" length tube strapped to "y" motorcycle. They might sound good though.

Why can't left turners see us?

Not much difference in h.p. gains with any of them but there is a big difference in their prices. These don't look big and bulky (fat can) either. Those tips are eye candy, too!

Beemer

I would be surprised if we see a big market for slip-ons with this bike. 

Is this because you think that manufacturers would likely just provide full systems as opposed to slip ons? 

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

I would be surprised if we see a big market for slip-ons with this bike. 

Is this because you think that manufacturers would likely just provide full systems as opposed to slip ons?
I would think with the cutting required of the stock exhaust, it would make more sense to offer the full systems, but I'm not a business man so I could be far off on my assumption.   

fooschnickens
I would think with the cutting required of the stock exhaust, it would make more sense to offer the full systems, but I'm not a business man so I could be far off on my assumption. 
That's pretty much how I see it. With full systems running for what some slip-ons cost for other bikes, the cost difference would have to be substantial to make people want to hack up their stock pipes. 

That stock system gathering dust in the corner of your garage is just as useless as my chopped up one with a slip on. What are you gonna do?...put it back on the bike if you resale it? For what? To bring the value down? lol

• Premium Member

Go ahead and cut your pipe and install a "universal fit" fart can because it says "made for FZ-07". :)
OK... before you get hostile, I say this in (partial) jest. There are companies that have developed full systems that require much more engineering (Akrapovic, Yoshamura, Graves, etc..). On the other hand, Delkevic and Coffman (to name two of many), build exhausts for more universal applications, then modify the adapter parts kit they send you to fit your exhaust downtube, which needs to be cut to fit.
That doesn't make them suck, or sound bad or even perform worse, necessarily. Maybe they are great, but it is not specifically engineered for your bike, and the price (and in my estimation, the look) reflects that.

Why can't left turners see us?

fooschnickens
That stock system gathering dust in the corner of your garage is just as useless as my chopped up one with a slip on. What are you gonna do?...put it back on the bike if you resale it? For what? To bring the value down? lol
Actually it's quite the opposite. Even "tasteful" mods are still frowned upon when it comes to reselling a bike (or car, for that matter) and dealers especially will milk it for all it's worth to lower your trade-in value. Plus, you'll never see anywhere close to breaking even on your investment in mods unless you part them out or everything is brand spanking new at the time of sale. Just because you put a $600 exhaust on your bike doesn't mean that you can just tack that on to your final price, you'll get laughed at to your face. 

Actually it's quite the opposite. Even "tasteful" mods are still frowned upon when it comes to reselling a bike (or car, for that matter) 
This is truth.

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

Archived