The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 stickers / logos

missourifz07

missourifz07

Every time I saw a picture of the 07 it always, well most of the time, had a yamaha sticker on the tank. I like the smooth clean look not having a big yamaha sticker there but it's left me...well, wanting to stick something on there. 

I am contemplating an FZ 07 with that "symbol" next to it. Not sure what that symbol is(not talking about the tuning forks). It sort of looks like a face and believe it was on the mt 07 on the side just under the passenger seat. 

If anyone knows of a link for good variety of quality stickers for yamaha that would be cool. Links to a downloadable logo would be cool too. I have a local guy who can make any sticker and I think I am going to have black letters(FZ07), with the blue symbol, outlined in black. I just can't find a decent picture of the "mystery" symbol.

Thoughts?

• Global Moderator

European MT-07 have YAMAHA letters on the tank panel. I prefer it without but added a little Japanese flag on the side of the bike. 

You can buy sheets with Yamaha logo's at you local dealer like these or 3D ones.

You probably mean the MT-07 logo which is a combined M and a T:  

mtlogo.png

That's why you don't see it in North America, except for accessories. 

missourifz07

Yup that's what I meant. Was afraid that was for the mt. Where is our fz symbol!! Lol

Thanks for the feedback.

• Global Moderator

I think it looks too much like a transformers thing for my liking.

• Global Moderator

Does anybody know what FZ actually stands for. Not short for Fazer I hope, that would be a bummer.

The FZ6 that we got was called the Fazer 600 in Euroland. But the first FZ was the FZ750 in 1985. What FZ stand for? I don't know. It's not for the five valve per cylinder, because the FZ600 had 4. So, i'd guess it stands for Fun by Zillion times. 8-) lol.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived