The MT-07 Forum

Ear plugs

jbird

I cannot use ear plugs due to the ear infection they give me. Darn. Probably why I don't make my bikes louder anymore.
Loud exhaust is fun for playing around with but its not fun on long trips.

I'm sure they could do more to insulate helmets, at least the ear areas.

I'm running an M4 slip-on with the baffle out and a Shoei RF-1200 with a Sena 20S. I listen to music via the Sena at what I consider a moderate volume. I forgot my earplugs for a short ride I did on Sunday afternoon and my ears were ringing when I got home.

Bottom line... Wear ear plugs!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I'm running an M4 slip-on with the baffle out and a Shoei RF-1200 with a Sena 20S. I listen to music via the Sena at what I consider a moderate volume. I forgot my earplugs for a short ride I did on Sunday afternoon and my ears were ringing when I got home.  
Bottom line... Wear ear plugs!
But how are they to suppose to stay on before slipping your helmet over them

• Premium Member

That's been my experience with ear plugs. No matter which ones I try I can't get the damn things to stay in my ears when I pull my helmet on.

The best way to get ear plugs to stay in is to pull your ear back with your opposite hand. This straightens out your ear canal and allows you to get the plug in there "real deep like".

That+s+it+boy+get+in+there+nice+and+deep+like+_c0bf5b1fa40fb5ce77c66d526b863682.png

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• Premium Member
phicurious86
That's been my experience with ear plugs. No matter which ones I try I can't get the damn things to stay in my ears when I pull my helmet on.
My experience was that it depended on the plug and how I had the plug oriented. The plugs I have now have a stem so I can make sure I have the plugs inserted at a slight angle so the stem points dorsally (If the back of the plug didn't point dorsally, then it was more likely to fall out). Also, I found that the separated mushroom cap plugs stay in my ears better than solid sponge plugs.  
Took some practice, but I can usually get the plugs I wear now not to unseat when I put my helmet on.

suspiciouspackage

I've been using those blue Hearos. Tried a ride to school with them in and out. In felt so nice, I could barely hear the wind or anything. But I could still hear my own horn and everything else around me.

• Premium Member

I use a pharmacy brand knock off of the blue Hearos - they work well as noted by @suspiciouspackage and they seem to stay seated quite well when putting on/taking off the helmet. Just give them about 20 seconds after first inserting them so they can start to expand and hold in place a bit better. Cheap, easy, effective.

• Premium Member

I haven't really had an issue, unless I don't put them in fully. I have a rather tight fitting helmet too. You just gotta outsmart the ear plugs. It can be done!

Everything went braap.

Archived