The MT-07 Forum

so couple questions

gtmn

almost  100 miles on her so far, oh the torque. it yanks real hard if you grab a handful.  driving past my wife I pulled the front end up as I went past the doorof her car  she said thats not allowed and she will take it awayha ha ha that's funny right there but honey it was an accident so any way been a while since I had a chain drive is it really that loud sounds like its on a roller bearing and oh ya it died on me coming to a stop nope not my fault just seemed to peter out when I pulled in the clutch when coming to a stop hope this isn't a bad sign as there are complains on other forums

• Global Moderator

From what I have heard the stalling thing has something to do with break-in (thicker oil maybe) and goes away after the first service. I know Guru had it happen a couple of times, but have not heard him complain of it since his service. Perhaps he will chime in with a comment.

less then 100 miles and the exhaust is changing color seems like it will match the blue frame soonnever had that happen before and for sure not that soon  

I had the bike stall a couple times in the first 100 miles or so as well. I haven't had an issue since and I have about 350 miles on now.

• Global Moderator

Yes, I have had some stalling issues when my bike as still in its break inn period, I happen twice, during heavy traffic on a hot day. I was planning on shifting, pulled the lever and the bike died. Letting go of the level made it jump start again. 
During the first service, I mentioned it to the tech. He couldn't find any code but changed idle speed +100 rpm.

It happened once more, but so far I blame this one on user error. It was one of those moments where you are just about to move and something and you I wasn't smooth.

I am still keeping an eye on it though and might consider opening a new thread. There is some rumour that there is something going on here and Yamaha needs to do a re-flash. 

less then 100 miles and the exhaust is changing color seems like it will match the blue frame soonnever had that happen before and for sure not that soon  
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the blueish color of the exhaust is a sign of a lean engine or that is been overheated. Because some of the owner has some stalling issues. I'd opt for the lean engine. 
I stalled twice since i had my bike. But i'm the culprit. The disengagement of the clutch is at the very end (on my bike). I prefer a close friction's point.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Guest unknown

I've had it happen a few times in traffic as well during the first 80 miles. It didn't want to start back up either. The dealer accidentally forgot to hook up the clutch sensor too so I couldn't start it in gear. I changed the oil at 80 miles and haven't had it stall it since. I could see the thicker oil being an issue for it until it is changed.

been a while since I had a chain drive is it really that loud
and oh ya it died on me coming to a stop

I found that during the first 300 miles , the bike stalls and makes ticks and clatters. It all seems to go away in a few hundred miles. My chain needed adjusting within the first 100 miles so the drive line noise may be a loose chain. Have fun with the torque!

RRokay Raggie

I've had it happen a few times in traffic as well during the first 80 miles. It didn't want to start back up either. The dealer accidentally forgot to hook up the clutch sensor too so I couldn't start it in gear. I changed the oil at 80 miles and haven't had it stall it since. I could see the thicker oil being an issue for it until it is changed.

I have owned alot of bikes and have run some pretty heavy oil in some and never ever had a bike stall due t oil, even when breaking in. I'm sticking to the lean fueling condition and all the smog crap.

Guest unknown
I have owned alot of bikes and have run some pretty heavy oil in some and never ever had a bike stall due t oil, even when breaking in. I'm sticking to the lean fueling condition and all the smog crap.
I wouldn't think oil would cause it to stall but I haven't had an issue since I changed mine. It's probably just break in related (I hope) 

I am used to revving a 600cc supersport so I do not have any problems stalling my FZ-07 during take-offs. 

I definitely need a lot of practice letting off the FZ-07 throttle because I chop it a lot. I need to get a lot smoother. I am guessing that my FZ-07 would have flawless fueling if I had better throttle control. 

I definitely need a lot of practice letting off the FZ-07 throttle because I chop it a lot. I need to get a lot smoother. I am guessing that my FZ-07 would have flawless fueling if I had better throttle control. 

I agree, my throttle control needs improvement as well. 

RRokay Raggie

Archived