The MT-07 Forum

MotoGP

thestache

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great race! After all the practice session domination from Honda and the pole from Ducati I was a bit skeptical.
But what a performance! Nice show, nice outcome!!

• Premium Member

That was really surprising, because the Ducatis had the pace. I think ultimately it boiled down to tires.

Tires, and Rossi riding his butt off.
He da man.
Lorenzo, who looked to be on target earlier in the race, says a problem with his helmet caused his vision to be partially blocked and he dropped back.So, I guess tires, riding butt off, and helmet liners.

Thrilling race. Don't think I took a breath for the last 5 laps!!
Same here.  I didn't think Rossi would pull it off at the end given the obvious speed advantage of the Duc.  First live MotoGP race I ever watched, but I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Guest brickst3r

If Marquez hadn't messed up in the beginning it could of been a different race. From dead last to 5th is crazy. But i'm a Rossi fan so hopefully he can still give Marquez a good fight.

Guest Ralph

I'm a Rossi fan so well pleased and he had a long way to catch up,
he did well but those Ducati's are rocket ships down the straights,
could be a interesting season as Honda wont take it lying down.

Rossi killed it. But those Duc's on the straight though!! We'll see if they continue to do well though. After a few podiums they're gonna lose their special handicaps right?

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Guest unknown

I would think so, but they don't turn in/ brake nearly as well as the Yami's do from what I could tell so it may even out.

I would think so, but they don't turn in/ brake nearly as well as the Yami's do from what I could tell so it may even out.
Yeah Rossi pretty much ran a perfect last lap and was far enough ahead that the Ducati could not reel him in...GREAT RACE

If Marquez hadn't messed up in the beginning it could of been a different race. From dead last to 5th is crazy. But i'm a Rossi fan so hopefully he can still give Marquez a good fight.
You might be right or not, fast lap times went to the top 4 finishers, really looking forward to some competition this year!

Although a Rossi fanboy, I'm interested to see what Ducati does this year.

'15 FZ-07

Rossi killed it. But those Duc's on the straight though!! We'll see if they continue to do well though. After a few podiums they're gonna lose their special handicaps right?
They've just lost one of them due to the two Ducati podiums on Sunday:At the next race in Texas, they will carry 2 liters (about half a gallon) less fuel. 

• Premium Member

What a fantastic race. I haven't been on the edge of my seat like that during a race in a very long time!

Looking forward to the next one, because I'll be there in person!

:)

- Paulie

Guest montana07

What an incredible race. Awesome seeing the ducati's new bikes performing, rossi pulling out the win in the last couple hundred yards. This season is off to an excellent start.

The visor liner in Lorenzo's helmet fell down and obscurred his upper vision during the dicing, that's why he slowed. Will be interesting if he makes sure it stays up. And Marquez made it all the way back to them from the back of the field. This could be as good as season as the Moto3's were last year.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brickst3r
They've just lost one of them due to the two Ducati podiums on Sunday:At the next race in Texas, they will carry 2 liters (about half a gallon) less fuel.
Another great race. The Ducs barely finished the race with enough gas. I think one of em actually ran out after the finish line and got a ride back. I think it was Iannone.

Considering the race was over after about 6 laps I wasn't as excited this week, but good lord did you see Marquez's last Q1 lap? THAT was amazing!

The the Ducs proving their worth with all that HP, Dovizioso could have a championship season. If he finds a way to start winning, everyone else better look out.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Not gonna start another thread for it, but the first World Superbike race in Aragon on Sunday was pretty intense as well.

'15 FZ-07

It's good racing. And keeps me occupied when GP isn't on. Different bikes too

'15 FZ-07

Archived