The MT-07 Forum

My FZ is comming soon!

jake

• Premium Member

put the cash down and I'm expecting in less than 2 Weeks !
It has to be put together yet so it might be a week and they are going to drop it at my house which I am glad for.
I just got my learners permit and in MI you have it for 3 months but must ride with another rider ( yeah right) then take the ridden test.
I'm keeping the Z06 on storage this year ( well I'm going to try) but I think the FZ will fill my needs for quite a while!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

While you're waiting, go take the MSF Basic Rider Course -- give you something to keep busy and will just build up your skills (and allow you to waive the riding part of the test, quite possibly)

• Global Moderator

Congrats. Post photos when you get it. I would highly recommend the MSF course if it is avaliable in your area. You will learn a lot and it is cheap.

While you're waiting, go take the MSF Basic Rider Course -- give you something to keep busy and will just build up your skills (and allow you to waive the riding part of the test, quite possibly)

Agreed great class i was waiting for my bike a few years back i didnt think i needed the class but im glad i took it met a lot of nice like minded people and really enjoyed the class

• Premium Member

Grats man! I'd have a hard time keeping the Z06 under wraps, but more power to ya.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
I  did plan on it but here in the deep freeze they don't offer it in my town till May lol. My bday is in April and I have a CDL so I want to get my M before so I don't have to pay 2x for a new ID. I've been on 2 wheels before so not worried about it. I'm trying to get the wife to get one and we will take the course for sure.  

• Global Moderator

Sweet @jake, congrats! People love pictures, so when you get it, be sure to post some.

• Premium Member

I'll take a family photo off my little collection of rides once the bike arrives. 37 F out today lol 50 and above the windows are rolled down.

• Premium Member

Should be here Friday picked up a windscreen and some sliders I'll get picks ASAP

• Premium Member

So it looks like every FZ-07 but this one is mine! they dropped it off and forgot my temp plate lol so I've been doing laps around the block (a country block).

IMG_9439_zpszyzjkmq4.jpg

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Nice, Glad you got it. I just got a call from the dealer that my registration came in. Can't go to pick it up until the weather warms up a bit. hopefully tomorrow.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Nice! What other mods do you have planned?

• Premium Member
Nice! What other mods do you have planned?
Well the most important mod..... The driver mod LOL 

put the cash down and I'm expecting in less than 2 Weeks ! It has to be put together yet so it might be a week and they are going to drop it at my house which I am glad for.
I just got my learners permit and in MI you have it for 3 months but must ride with another rider ( yeah right) then take the ridden test.
I'm keeping the Z06 on storage this year ( well I'm going to try) but I think the FZ will fill my needs for quite a while!
A picture of the FZ with the Z06 I think should be required here. 

• Premium Member
put the cash down and I'm expecting in less than 2 Weeks ! It has to be put together yet so it might be a week and they are going to drop it at my house which I am glad for.
A picture of the FZ with the Z06 I think should be required here. 
I'll do a nice one with all the toys when its a little nicer out and the cars are cleen 

Guest brickst3r

Grats jake! Another graphite! Good choice on color and cars. I too have a 2015 WRX in wrb. I love blue =P

Where does that windshield put the wind at freeway speeds? Do you find the cutoff to be something you can hide behind a bit?

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• Premium Member
Where does that windshield put the wind at freeway speeds? Do you find the cutoff to be something you can hide behind a bit?
Hits me at the neck I have not hit speeds above 70mph but up too it works ok, but I have nothing to compare it too. To be honest once I get more miles in if I don't like it I will get something bigger. I do think it looks cool

• Premium Member

So I took the bike to work 65 miles one way on SAT and took to the highway and found that at over 70 mph the wind blast are heavy. I took the high way the whole way so it wasn't horrible but I took the back roads on the way back which tacks another 1/2 to the ride but so much more enjoyable. Might have to look at a bigger wind screen if I plan on taking the highway.

I have a ram mount and some snake skin on order should be here any time.

Archived