The MT-07 Forum

Dyno after exsaust mods

jbird

Is it nessisarry to get an engine dyno tune up after a full exsaust system upgrade from stock muffler.. I heard this is very important

No, it isn't. But you can get an EJK Fuel controller to eliminate lean spots created by the extra flow of air. You can also rent a guage from them that will tell you where the lean spots are, rpm wise.

Dyno is good for flat out track racers. But for mere mortals on the street, the EJK Fuel controller and Guage rental is perfect.

Is it really worth it to upgrade exsaust for street use, I'm not seeing the jump in hp that I imagined from the research I've done, so basically I'm merely upgrading for the increase in sound volume, that's a lot of $$ for just having a louder bike

No, it isn't. But you can get an EJK Fuel controller to eliminate lean spots created by the extra flow of air. You can also rent a guage from them that will tell you where the lean spots are, rpm wise.  
Dyno is good for flat out track racers. But for mere mortals on the street, the EJK Fuel controller and Guage rental is perfect.

Is the ejk controller nessisarry for an am exsaust, am I damaging the engine if I don't correct the lean spots in the revs as you said

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I bought the exhaust not just for sound but to also allow the engine to run properly without being run so lean as California rules require. It does sound better and looks better, but I figure the way I like to run WOT (I will be running track days here soon) as much as I do, it'd be better for the engine to run as it was designed from the factory rather than so damn lean as CA requires.....plus a little faster and lighter doesn't hurt either. P-)

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived