The MT-07 Forum

Komifornia exhaust modification

n2shotokai

• Premium Member

I would love to have an aftermarket exhaust simply for safety reasons. I don't care that my FZ-07 sounds like a sewing machine, but safety comes first.
However, in SoCal I understand LE specifically goes after bikes with mods. Malibu Canyon and ACH I understand are heavily ticketed for modified exhaust.
So for SoCal riders, if you have modified exhaust, what has been your experience?

Got a 2 bros here in san diego and no tickets just gotta use low revs round the police and not act stupid haha otherwise i believe its just a fix it ticket anyways so you can just get it signed off. And for this particular exhaust you can switch out the baffle for a more quiet one in less than 5 mins with 1 little tool

Btw a lil off topic but just my opinion is the whole cat converter thing in general is bogus. Cats do more harm to the air than regular exhaust fumes

I would love to have an aftermarket exhaust simply for safety reasons. I don't care that my FZ-07 sounds like a sewing machine, but safety comes first. However, in SoCal I understand LE specifically goes after bikes with mods. Malibu Canyon and ACH I understand are heavily ticketed for modified exhaust.
So for SoCal riders, if you have modified exhaust, what has been your experience?
This is also something I'm very interested in, especially considering I have a dent in my exhaust guard from my recent crash. 

Btw a lil off topic but just my opinion is the whole cat converter thing in general is bogus. Cats do more harm to the air than regular exhaust fumes

Is it required to pass state inspections? And do cats come shipped with most full exsaust systems, I'm getting the akra carbon by the way

Something that can be done too if you find an aftermkt exhaust with baffles too quiet and without too loud is drill holes in the baffle face ... I'm guessing a 1/4" drill will work. Start with 1 hole and keep going until you find the perfect sound for you.

If it was me, I'd drill the 2nd one exactly opposite the first to keep it as symmetrical as possible.

The cruiser guys do this drilling trick.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Something that can be done too if you find an aftermkt exhaust with baffles too quiet and without too loud is drill holes in the baffle face ... I'm guessing a 1/4" drill will work. Start with 1 hole and keep going until you find the perfect sound for you. 
If it was me, I'd drill the 2nd one exactly opposite the first to keep it as symmetrical as possible.

What if you want the exsaust to be quieter with the baffle still in, any solution

The only other option really is to get the mini cat that you can get with the Akrapovic. I expect I'll go that route with no baffles.

Can you install that mini cat after the exsaust is installed
You'll have to take the muffler section of the exhaust off the bike to put the cat in. The cat is inserted into the part where the mid pipe and muffler connect. If you have the akra Ti at least. 

I have a buddy that has a cbr1000, straight pipe, has never been pulled over for the past 8 years, he gets pulled over on his ruckus instead lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

I have a buddy that has a cbr1000, straight pipe, has never been pulled over for the past 8 years, he gets pulled over on his ruckus instead lol
Where's he from

Where's he from

Sunnyn San Diego

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member

Hmmm ........ would a pic be possible? 

Take a look here of a French guy talking about the Akra exhaust he has ... you'll see him hold the db killer in his hand like he's conducting a symphony ... try around 3 mins.

You should get the idea of where to drill the holes (ie. around the 2 'tips').

• Premium Member

40 years later there is a reason I should have paid attention in high school French class.

Archived