The MT-07 Forum

Post your LED Ideas and pics of your LED upgrades.

Cruizin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brickst3r

Thanks for letting me know about the adapters guys. You don't need the adapters for the rear if you get a aftermarket fender eliminator right?  I will decide what to get when i figure out what Indicators I want. The cyclops LED look like a great upgrade too. Lets see what they got in store for us.

For my LED upgrade I went with link. It will admit its a bit pricey but i was very satisfied when I got the product. Its very high quality installation was a snap and best part is it comes with a lifetime warranty. 
Thanks for linking this here. I just did the install yesterday and holy crap it's bright! I can see the beam in broad daylight. It took me a while to figure out where to put the extra little box, but it was very easy to install aside from that.
Awesome! They are really bright even during the day and i love that. I'm glad you are happy with the product  :D

• Premium Member
Thanks for letting me know about the adapters guys. You don't need the adapters for the rear if you get a aftermarket fender eliminator right?  I will decide what to get when i figure out what Indicators I want. The cyclops LED look like a great upgrade too. Lets see what they got in store for us.
It depends upon the fender eliminator, but I would say most likely yes you will still need the adapters -- as most fender eliminators are designed to accommodate the stock signals.  I know the Yoshi one I have required the adapters.

As so1102 said, depends on the eliminator.

Vagabonds do not. They have their own blanking nut, and even then, you don't need to use their blanking nut if you don't want to or if the signal doesn't need it. I've used both stock and LEDs on Vagabond's eliminator.

If you decide to go with some other eliminators, best to ask anyone on the forums who uses said eliminator whether or not adapters are needed.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Ok, so Cyclops is coming on board as a supporting Vendor next week when they get back from the Desert100. 
And, they will be announcing something really cool!!

Look forward to the announcement? Discounts?

Guest cjwwd2
New LED turn signals front and back 
LeMMqL2l.jpg
ItD7dbZl.jpg

Hey cjwwd2, where did you get those indicators? also did you have to get something to mount the front because taking out the stock signals leaves a really big hole right?

I got the indicators from pjsparts.com They are the traf-x x light 02. The x light 01 look exactly like the factory Triumph LED signals on my daytona 675. Maybe they are made by the same company. Traf-x is a totally new company. The indicators are super nice...I would definitely recommend them. 
They have the right adapters for the turn signals as well. Call them up and ask for Paige. Tell her you have an FZ-07 and she will take care of you. You will need a quantity of (2) sets of the adapters if you do them in the back too. I'm using the Evotech eliminator

Guest brickst3r

thanks cjwwd2, i will take a look. I do like the 675 led, i almost got a 675 myself and would of upgraded the signals to that.

How hard is it to replace the front indicators?
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest, I'd say a 2.  3 if you have to solder the connector onto the new indicators.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

How hard is it to replace the front indicators?
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest, I'd say a 2.  3 if you have to solder the connector onto the new indicators.  
Soldering comes natural to me, been doing it since middle school. So to replace the front indicators, I need to take off the headlight? 

• Premium Member
Soldering comes natural to me, been doing it since middle school. So to replace the front indicators, I need to take off the headlight?
see this: http://fz07.org/thread/356/installing-euro-signals-works-leds

Yes. There are 2 hex bolts you need to unscrew. They are directly above the indicators and are parallel to it. Remove those 2, and the headlight assembly swings outward. Unplug all lights. 4 total. 1 main headlight plug. Remove the rubber cover flaps. 2 indicator plugs (black and gray). and 1 running light plug (white) which is attached onto the assembly. Then lift up the headlight assembly from the 2 rubber bars that it is sitting on.

Look inside the headlight assembly to where the indicators are. They are held in place by a shaped piece of black plastic. Lift up the rubber flaps that are holding the tabs and pull out that plastic. Then squeeze and pull the rubber indicator stalk sleeve outward... basically pulling the orange pumpkins outward.

That's basically it.

NOTE: You will highly likely need a set of yamaha shaped indicator plates. Signal adapters. This is the only way to attach after market stalk signals. Well, unless you DIY yourself a way to attach them, but in general, most people will use signal adapter plates. These will come in 4 pieces. 2 per side. One fits outside of the hole, one goes inside. Looking at the housing hole from the outside, you place one plate on top, slip in the new signal through the plate hole, and looking now on the inside, place the other plate inside the housing, the signal screw/stalk goes through the hole and then screw in the washer (if there is one) and nut over the screw stalk which will stop when it hits the inside plate.  Then tighten up nut when signal is aiming the right way.

You can find these signal adapter plates on ebay. I highly recommend buying aluminum ones, not the plastic ones. They will only cost another 5 bucks (15 dollars total) but its worth it. creese1's ebay store has aluminum ones.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Guest cjwwd2

I've never replaced anything on a motorcycle before and it was really easy. Honestly the hardest part was tightening down the new indicators and getting them to be level

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
20150414_203951_zpsepfla1uz.jpg

Here is the LED upgrade i made for my bike.  So far so good.  I'm going to have a co worker follow me to see how visible it is in the real world.

see the how to here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting the Acerbis Vision Handguards and then swapping the lights in them out with LED's for better safety and visibility. Does anybody know if they will fit the stock handlebars? I know they go into the ends. What is the internal diameter of the stock bars? 

• Premium Member
I'm thinking about getting the Acerbis Vision Handguards and then swapping the lights in them out with LED's for better safety and visibility. Does anybody know if they will fit the stock handlebars? I know they go into the ends. What is the internal diameter of the stock bars?  

Don't they already have LED's in them?

Yes but weaker ones. You can swap them out with 4-5W round LED fixtures that have a 2" diameter and will fill in the gap the stock ones leave. The stock ones reportedly don't light up the road. Just shine for safety.

• 2 weeks later...
my turn signal and integrated tail light upgrades  

IMG_0007%20-1%20Copy_zpspwvapc4b.jpg

IMG_0005%20-1%20Copy_zpsvu9ftfcv.jpg
Looks awesome, I've got the same signals on the way. Lightech right? Was the wiring difficult? 

Looks awesome, I've got the same signals on the way. Lightech right? Was the wiring difficult? 
Um... it was not straight forward at all, maybe it's because i'm dumb, we'll see if you'll have better luck hahhaa. There's only a wiring table included, no wiring diagrams so you'd have to try them out. And there's no connectors provided so... a little bit of soldering is involved 
Rear:[span]    [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]Front:

[/span][/span][/span]Black[span]             Ground[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]  [/span][span]   [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]  Black  [/span][span]    [/span][/span]

[/span]Blue[span]              Blinker[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    Yellow[/span]

[/span]Yellow[span]           Position Light[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]   White [/span]

Red[span]    [/span]           Stop Light

[/span]
There are 3 rows of lights; top 2 are red and bottom row is amber. At first, after wiring everything as per the "wiring table" provided... the top 2 rows constantly stay on and doesn't activate when i apply the brakes. Ok fine, i already have the motodynamic tail light so these can serve as position lights. However, they were so bright that when i activate the blinkers... the flashers got drowned out and you can barely see the amber lights flashing.

After quite a bit of head scratching and realizing that "position light" = "running light". Knowing the yellow wire is the one control the top row, I put in a resistor to dim it a little. But then I can't find a wire that control the second row so I just rewire them in a way that now the top row stay on but not as bright. And when i activate the blinkers, all 3 rows blinks hahah

Maybe the second row is suppose to be the "stop light" (brake light) but it didn't work for me. Maybe the addition of the motodynamic tail light scrambled my brain haha. I'd be interested in knowing if it'll be easier for you

• 2 weeks later...
New LED turn signals front and back 
LeMMqL2l.jpg
ItD7dbZl.jpg

I love those indicators. Do you have to buy/install any resistors with them???
I'm planning to get them too.

Either resistors or a new flasher relay. got my flasher relay off eBay for $8

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

jeepinbassist

IMG_0007%20-1%20Copy_zpspwvapc4b.jpg

IMG_0005%20-1%20Copy_zpsvu9ftfcv.jpg

Where did you get those signals at? Is the light output any good?

Archived