The MT-07 Forum

flush mount blinkers

shift4life

Are any r6 flush mount blinkers good to mount on the front turn signal stalks. I keep reading places that people are using r6 flush mounts on the front of a fz07

• 2 months later...
booboobusfz07

I just ordered the motodynamic ones for a fz1, should be here soon. I'll let you know how the fitment is.

From what I've seen it works and no adapter plate is needed, unlike on the aftermarket stalk led signals. However, visibility at angles is poorer since the headlight blocks the other side

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I used proton flush mounts on mine. I just made a backing plate out of lexan. I used the insert from the factory turn signal and traced it with a sharpy. Cut out a little larger and trimmed as needed with a sander.

20150430_190919_zpszcazvttd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to sound lazy, but are there any flush mounts available that you don't have to "cut" into the bike? What about the motodynamic 2015 flush mounts for R6? Do all of the motodynamics require some trimming on the signal stalks?

• 2 weeks later...
I used proton flush mounts on mine. I just made a backing plate out of lexan. I used the insert from the factory turn signal and traced it with a sharpy. Cut out a little larger and trimmed as needed with a sander. 
20150430_190919_zpszcazvttd.jpg

Do you have a part number or link? I love the way those look. Also, are they actually bright? Everyone says they have the brightest, but often times they are not so impressive. Thanks!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

It's the r6 proton flush mount. If a internet search doesn't return it I'll post a link. They are really bright at night the drl and turn signals have very good visibility. During the day the drl is a little bit washed out by the sunlight. But you can still tell its on up close. Daytime turn signals are perfectly visible. My only gripe about them is the flash rate is different than the rears (which match the information panel)

• Premium Member

Check out turn signals by Watsen design. They're flush mount and made for the 07. Super easy install.

Motodynamic flush mounts are direct fits and don't require any additional wiring for day time running lights. You have to pay for that but its nice when its just plug and play.

howlinhoss
Motodynamic flush mounts are direct fits and don't require any additional wiring for day time running lights. You have to pay for that but its nice when its just plug and play.
Which flush mount did you get?

I had purchased the R6 ones, but they do in fact require the light house to be modded. Basically you need to trim it back a bit. They said they're developing FZ07 flush mounts so I'll wait for those. The Watsen Designs are nice looking too.

• 8 months later...

I used the 2008-2016 r6 motodynamics flush mounts. All I did was remove the small Phillips head screw that holds the adapter on. Then used a #6x1/2" sheetmetal screw with a fender washer and the backing plate that came with the flashers to install them. No fancy tools or anything necessary, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
20160408_191823_zpsabkt3i1h.jpg

Archived