The MT-07 Forum

SC Project Exhaust w/ DP EJK Gen 3.5

mericc

Hey guys, so I finally was able to make a quick video to show case the exhaust sound and a little review. So far the exhaust has been great and even more amazing with the add on of the EJK. I do feel a difference with the exhaust on, quicker response, a bit more torque. Aside from that with the EJK installed, I also notice a quicker and smooth throttle response, a drop in temperature and a slight increase in MPG. Anyways sorry if the video is pretty short and crappy, its the first time ive ever made a review, Ill be making another one with fly-bys so you can actually hear it besides me just revving it and hopefully I can get this dyno'ed so I can see the gains unless Dobeck gets to it first lol.

Well Im pretty satisfied with this exhaust and a huge shout out to Dobeck Performance for setting me up and also to FZ07.org for that discount pricing haha

oh audio might be a tad low due to the mic on the gopro.

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

That exhaust looks really clean on the bike. I'm considering getting it now with Ixil no longer offering the chrome L3X.

Guest cjwwd2
That exhaust looks really clean on the bike. I'm considering getting it now with Ixil no longer offering the chrome L3X.
Really? When did that happen?

Thanks for that mericc! Dylan is r&d ing the exhaust i ordered when they get their dyno back, so we will have some numbers to go with. I cant wait to get my setup and get it on the bike! I bet its like night and day with the sound!

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Thanks for that mericc! Dylan is r&d ing the exhaust i ordered when they get their dyno back, so we will have some numbers to go with. I cant wait to get my setup and get it on the bike! I bet its like night and day with the sound!

Yeah he said itll be ready by next month, so im just waiting so i can adjust the controller lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

I'm really interested in those numbers. I'm starting to lean towards this one or one of the Arrow exhausts.

• Premium Member
belleau1977
Best exhaust for this bike IMO but out of my price range.
Of all the exhaust out there this is by far the best looking next to the Akro but also the price ehhh! This video though makes me want to spend $700 for the exhaust but then again I just want noise and looks I don't care about performance the bike has enough. I've had 18 bikes in 20 years so now I'm more into just chilling and having fun on a smaller bike mode. More pics and videos please and also how much for just the exhaust option and how much for the whole EJK exhaust setup just so I can put it on my wish list.

Really? When did that happen?
Not sure, it's talked about here though: http://fz07.org/thread/1971/ixil-exhaust-stage-1-kits
I'm assuming a good amount of the people here that ordered (or preordered) it from Dobeck got hit with the bad news a few days ago. Got a call from Allison stating that IXIL no longer produces the Chrome exhaust;however, the black remains in production. They offered the option to upgrade to the black, but it doesn't mesh well with a white trimmed model. It was disappointing news, but if you are looking for low profile and clean - this may be your go to. Sounds great too! 

Best exhaust for this bike IMO but out of my price range.
Of all the exhaust out there this is by far the best looking next to the Akro but also the price ehhh! This video though makes me want to spend $700 for the exhaust but then again I just want noise and looks I don't care about performance the bike has enough. I've had 18 bikes in 20 years so now I'm more into just chilling and having fun on a smaller bike mode. More pics and videos please and also how much for just the exhaust option and how much for the whole EJK exhaust setup just so I can put it on my wish list.

I think it was 800 without and 975 with ejk. Shipping included. But yeah hopefully i can get a ride in tomorrow so i can get you guys a better video, ill take some pictures when i get home

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Not sure, it's talked about here though: http://fz07.org/thread/1971/ixil-exhaust-stage-1-kits
I'm assuming a good amount of the people here that ordered (or preordered) it from Dobeck got hit with the bad news a few days ago. Got a call from Allison stating that IXIL no longer produces the Chrome exhaust;however, the black remains in production. They offered the option to upgrade to the black, but it doesn't mesh well with a white trimmed model. It was disappointing news, but if you are looking for low profile and clean - this may be your go to. Sounds great too!

Yeah so far no probs with cops (knock on wood), went to a bike night and they all thought the exhaust was stock lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Yeah so far no probs with cops (knock on wood), went to a bike night and they all thought the exhaust was stock lol
Thats pretty much what I'm going for - I don't want anything too gawdy. Is the sound sufficient though? Not looking for crazy loud, just want to be able to hear my revs. 

• 1 year later...

I also have the SC Project on my bike and I'm at the point of choosing my next step. I'm seriously considering the EJK since I feel the stock fueling isn't cutting it for the exhaust. You mentioned in the video that you rode the bike with and without the EJK after you got the exhaust. Could you talk a bit more about that difference? I would like to know if you think the EJK has made a noticeable difference on the bike and if you would suggest going that route.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Archived