The MT-07 Forum

Best Exhaust?

mulligantd

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, liqwiq said:

I still cannot make up my mind between Akrapovič Titanium or Yoshimura R-11.

R-11 is coming out soon (if I'm not mistaken) and I would like to see/hear it in person.

I'll wait until the next riding season to make up my mind and save up some money.

What are your thoughts on R-11?

It's ready. ...check the mt-07 on yoshimura website...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Best Exhaust combo*

Yoshi exhaust w/Hordpower Airbox and reflash(or PCV)... cost is very close/equal to the Akra-Ti w/ECU reflash...just for general comparison 

80whp 50tq vs 72whp 51tq ... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

1 hour ago, liqwiq said:

I still cannot make up my mind between Akrapovič Titanium or Yoshimura R-11.

R-11 is coming out soon (if I'm not mistaken) and I would like to see/hear it in person.

I'll wait until the next riding season to make up my mind and save up some money.

What are your thoughts on R-11?

I like the R-11 but I think this bike looks a lot better with a lower can like the R-77 (one of the reasons I bought it).

51 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Best Exhaust combo*

Yoshi exhaust w/Hordpower Airbox and reflash(or PCV)... cost is very close/equal to the Akra-Ti w/ECU reflash...just for general comparison 

80whp 50tq vs 72whp 51tq ... 

Was there a noticeable difference when you added the Hordpower Airbox? I have the Yoshi with a reflash and have been thinking about that airbox for a while. I'm not positive but I think the flash is good both ways so I wonder how much of a difference that airbox would make.

Edit: I just saw that dyno graph in your thread comparing the Yoshi with Yoshi + Hord. I'd say 10+ hp would qualify as noticeable. Were both those scenarios flash tuned, and if so, do you know if the tuning was the same?

The most expensive is the best.  I just cut my muffler off and ran some old steal pipes from a 1960 Vacum cleaner

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, afatrat said:

I like the R-11 but I think this bike looks a lot better with a lower can like the R-77 (one of the reasons I bought it).

Was there a noticeable difference when you added the Hordpower Airbox? I have the Yoshi with a reflash and have been thinking about that airbox for a while. I'm not positive but I think the flash is good both ways so I wonder how much of a difference that airbox would make.

Edit: I just saw that dyno graph in your thread comparing the Yoshi with Yoshi + Hord. I'd say 10+ hp would qualify as noticeable. Were both those scenarios flash tuned, and if so, do you know if the tuning was the same?

The tuning was done on his dyno, all the maps of his were created using the PCV.... the PCV data then was transferred to a ECU reflashing program...

Using the PCV or having Hordpower flash your ECU is up to you...

I'm not using his reflash ECU since I already have a PCV w/Autotune 

2 hours ago, r1limited said:

The most expensive is the best.  I just cut my muffler off and ran some old steal pipes from a 1960 Vacum cleaner

Don't forget to supplement your exhaust sound with your own voice with each gear shift! Brraappp brrraaappp brrrrrppp! *Adds 3.89 horsepower*

You do you and I'll do me.

8 minutes ago, Duke said:

Don't forget to supplement your exhaust sound with your own voice with each gear shift! Brraappp brrraaappp brrrrrppp! *Adds 3.89 horsepower*

So putting big hunks of cardboard to slap the spokes wont work?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 8 months later...
On 3/26/2015 at 5:57 PM, Guest whitegas said:

Step 1. Buy ANY aftermarket exhaust.
Step 2. Remove the baffle or don't install baffle if it is packed separate.
Step 3. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE THE BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST!
Step 4. 100% serious.
Step 6. No, seriously.
Step 10.  No, really.  100% serious.  For serious.  Hands down serious.  No joke.  100%

Step 11. Revert back to stock because you are a grown up now and you need silence! 

" Step 11. Revert back to stock because you are a grown up now and you need silence! " and to add 4 kg back onto your bike...

If you need silence, than riding a motorcycle, with ANY exhaust system, won't give it to you.

But of course removing the dB killer won't actually give you any more power either in some cases( Akra Carbon tests with more HP, though not much, WITH the dB killer IN.)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

topazsparrow

I'm absolutely in love with my Akra Ti with the FZ-09 Baffle in the tip. 33% more flow, keeps the low grumble but no hint of rasp or weird pressure resonance stuff.

Amazing middle ground between the FZ-07 akra TI baffle and no baffle (which is a touch too loud IMO).

• 3 weeks later...

Akrapovic Titanium baffle removed.

Mean ass idle and snarls low and deep and rumbly up to about 5k. Throttle blips through 5k create a growling roar that is nice and intimidating. 

Out on the open road and using higher rpm ranges it's more of a constant roar and the pitch increases a little. 

Going through tunnels, under bridges, through natural and urban canyons, in construction zones, around slow drivers, and anywhere else I may go and want to be seen. I hit that throttle and I smile, heads turn, everyone is shocked that my little Yamaha is so loud, mean, and nasty sounding. I love it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 10:22 PM, Cruizin said:

If budget wasn't an issue, I'd personally buy the Graves over the Akra Ti without a second thought. Looks better and sounds better!

But I'll stick with my Black Widow for now 😎

You do you and I'll do me.

On 3/26/2015 at 4:52 PM, ericpev said:

This is as true as it gets. I have the Yoshi carbon and it's probably the best sound I've ever heard in my life while being absolutely gorgeous hahaha

i put full yoshi r77 carbon with k&n air intake and a custom map dyno tune and my fz-07 has mad gains

Love my Akra Ti.  It's like 2 exhausts in one.  Baffle in = slightly louder than stock but with a much better sound.  Baffle out = LOUD and intimidating, almost "Harley-ish".

I run mine with the baffle in 90% of the time.  It's just more comfortable and doesn't bother my elderly neighbor who sleeps 10 ft from my driveway.  I also like how this exhaust fully tucks in nicely under the bike meaning it is less likely to suffer damage in the event of a crash or tip over.  This was a deciding factor in choosing it over the Yoshi R77 plus I wanted to try something different than all the Yoshimuras I ran in the past.  

Only gripe with the exhaust is how hard it is to remove and install the baffle.  Most people bend up the small pipes with pliers or have to remove the muffler itself to bang it out from the inlet side.  I ended up modifying it so it's much simpler to swap in and out but it required a grinder and a drill to do so.  Baffle swap takes about a minute to do now though.

Liquidmetal

Is M4 the only company that makes a slip-on for the FZ?

I have no issue with the factory headers, just want to get rid of that massive muffler.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Archived